Posted November 20, 2013
I find Atonement to be a very warm and caring environment. Our child is currently in the Pre-K 4 class and we couldn't be happier with our experience. I have found that Atonement's faculty altruistically care about the children and parents. Our family is very excited to commit to the K-8th grades. We would love to see the school gain more students to help fill the remaining fantastic facility. Overall I feel our child will receive an excellent education.

Posted November 07, 2013
Although we live on the other side of town, we think the drive to Atonement is well worth our time. The loving Christian environment given to our children is very comforting. Both our son and daughter are thriving at the school spiritually, academically and socially. We could not be more pleased with the principal, the teachers and the families involved with Atonement. We plan to send our children to Atonement until they graduate from 8th grade and would definitely recommend Atonement.

Atonement Lutheran School 3

Posted June 13, 2012
My son started at Atonement in 2006 for Kindergarten. Up until this last year at Atonement, we were completely satisfied. Fifth grade was a nightmare. At least 25 out of 28 parents felt their child was not taught. The 5th grade teacher lived on her phone, ate and slept during class. Complaints to the principal were no help as he was more concerned about money than the childs well being. The concern of parents are not a concern and are blown off. I gave this 3 stars only because of the teachers my child had from K - 4 grade. They are incredible teachers who cared about the child's progress.

Posted March 28, 2011
This is my child's 7th year at Atonement, and we could not be more pleased. The faculty and staff genuinely care about our children'spiritual and academic well-being. My child's terrific SAT scores demonstrate to me the excellent academics he is getting! BUT more importantly, he is learning Biblical truths and Christian principles. To find both of these in one place is an amazing blessing. Every place is bound to have an issue from time to time, but we are proud to be a part of this family who handles things in a loving, impartial, and Christian manner. Extra-curriculars are plentiful, technology impressive. Recommend ALCS whole-heartedly. Wish it continued to 12th grade!!

Atonement Lutheran School 2

Posted April 19, 2009

Posted November 17, 2008

Posted November 12, 2008
Teachers in the upper department didn't 'leave', they retired; it's completely different. If brand new teachers never get the chance to start, then how do you expect them to ever become experienced? Just because the teachers are 'brand new' does not mean that they are not qualified! Teachers go to school to become teachers and college does prepare someone to teach! New teachers bring new ideas, just because they may be different than before does not mean the school is going 'downhill'. Atonement is a wonderful school and before you write terrible comments about it, maybe you should check your facts and think about what you say before you type! Thank you!

Posted November 07, 2008
As a former student and graduate of Atonement Lutheran, I am able to say with pride that I couldn't be happier with the education I received. Atonement has more than prepared me for High School, it in fact has vested in me skills that will benefit me for years and years to come. I am ashamed to read some of the ignorant thing written about Atonement on this web site. Special priviledges? The problem is with your kid, not the teacher. Suck it up and straighten your kid out! Also, the classes were the perfect size! What are you looking for, a class of 8? Hmmmm that sure will prepare your kid for high school and college... Atonement is amazing, I wish it continued to grade 12!

Posted November 04, 2008
This is our first year at Atonement and we could not be happier. The tuition is about the same as the parochial school we came from, maybe a little less. Atonement is the best kept secret in Metairie. The teachers are warm and caring, the curriculum is perfect, the principal is always there for the parents & children and the technology is the most advanced we have seen in any grammer school. My child has the oppourtunity to work with smartboards and in a well equiped computer lab. The fundraisers that some parents feel are too much is the reason Atonement is so state of the art. The money has to come from somewhere, the little tuition they charge could not possibly pay for all this. Atonement is an amazing school.

Atonement Lutheran School 0

Posted October 30, 2008
I tend to agree about the large class sizes, the high tuition, and the negative comments regarding the faculty and principal. The most negative aspect is that there is no counselor at the school. No student is going to feel that they can go to a principal with a problem. Over the past few years, fund raising is the main focus. More emphasis should be placed on the students, and using money for more teachers and a counselor, rather than making the school look good aesthetically.

Atonement Lutheran School
6500 Riverside Dr, Metairie, LA  70003
Last modified Atonement Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Atonement Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top