Posted November 12, 2014
I came to ridgewood in 8th grade, but now I am currently a senior. Ridgewood I must say has changed my life dramatically. I've clashed heads with a few of the teachers but I cannot say they haven't done their best to push me towards my future. I came from a school what was more close than Ridgewood is but the academics where not enough to prepare me for college. At ridgewood, students are offered tutoring everyday by beta club along with the option of teachers staying until 3:30 everyday to help. Ridgewood is not for everybody. It's a large challenge and when I first arrived I admittedly didn't like the school because the stress of grades freaked me out. I went from straight A's to failing subjects because my old school was so much easier. You have to really push yourself and be committed but getting the grades is possible. Currently I am on honor roll and I feel so much more prepared for college than I ever was. Yes the campus has it's faults but I feel Mr. Montgomery is building up the school slowly. Students are always encouraged to get involved with clubs and sports. Because I am in beta club, I get to graduate with that acknowledgement and it truly is an honor.

Posted June 21, 2014
Parents: Our son has been there since pre-k! He loves it ! Will be going into 9th grade And looking forward to graduation! Great academically , all the teachers and staff Are awesome and we love it! A lot of diversity, which is great! Also a response to a review I just read , that's ok that we have an old Bus it gets the kids where they need to be and that's ok we don't have a/c in Our gym , the kids survive! That's why our tuition can be held down oppose To others schools with pools and others things, so we are happy with the way it is!!! Go eagles!!!!!!

Posted December 06, 2011
great school u wouldnt get better than this people brag about metairie academy or gretna acdemy common u cannot beat ridgewood .love it i would say best investment.

Ridgewood Preparatory School 3

Posted March 15, 2011
Academically, this school is wonderful. As a parent, I am greatly disappointed in the administration/budgeting of this school. Simple things like the gym scoreboard lights being out or replaced w/ different color lights, the gym needs repainting and needs air conditioning! How are the children supposed to play when it's 90 degrees in there? Also, there is no working school bus - so when the teams have sporting events elsewhere, it is up to the children to get there and back on their own (most kids ride with their parents or carpool, but it's irresponsible of the school to expect kids to get their own rides when they are playing in places as far away as Slidell! It's little things like this that tell me that the school is WASTING money. I have heard from other parents that parents have volunteered FREE OF CHARGE to paint the gym, even offered up a almost-new school bus for FREE to the school, but Headmaster Montgomery turned them down. Why when it's free? Would he rather the school look bad??? A lot of parents feel the same way as we do and there are grumblings that many are looking elsewhere for their child's education next year due to the administration/budgeting issues.

Posted April 27, 2010
This is an amazing school where children are taught responsibility, respect, and accountability. Students enjoy a strong education plus ample opportunities for involvement in campus government, sports, music and other fine arts. There is a great emphasis on reading, math, language and science which prepares students well for college. Ridgewood features a diverse population of students from many backgrounds and inclusion is the hallmark of the student body. I speak as a graduate and parent. You simply cannot do better for your child.

Ridgewood Preparatory School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
good education....goos faculty and administration

Ridgewood Preparatory School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
The classes are small and highly educated staff with many years of experience with children. The headmaster has been there over 50 years and is dedicated to bringing out the best in each child.

Posted July 08, 2009
I go to Ridgewood. This will be my second year there ,and i will be a Freshman. Ridgewood has taught me so many things. I had alot of catching up to do in 8th grade b/c i was coming from just a school that let anybody past. With the help of Mr.Montgomery and my teachers I was able to take all 9th grade classes last year. Students are very diversed. Ridgewood doesn't have the best sport teams because the motto is to always put school first. It's insanely diffucult at first. I love it there. So what if the buildings are old ; there all very clean. It doesn't matter if the place is very old because it teaches alot to all children regardless of race or age. That's why i love Ridgewood and will continue to go there until i graduate.

Posted June 25, 2009
I attended Ridgewood for 8 years and I was always happy there. It's not a school where you can slip on by. I certainly had to work hard for my grades. The teachers were tough, but we gave them a tough time, too. The headmaster, Mr. Montgomery, has been there for a really long time. He's definitely a big part of the Golden Eagle experience. I hope he's still there when my son is old enough to attend.

Posted February 04, 2009

Ridgewood Preparatory School
201 Pasadena Avenue, Metairie, LA  70001
Last modified Ridgewood Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Ridgewood Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top