PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Ridgewood Prep is a non-sectarian, non-profit unit school(Pk - 12) with a single mission: Prepare students for higher education. Some of the elements that make Ridgewood successful are small class sizes, certified teachers, and a nurturing environment. Ridgewood is state-approved and fully accredited by SACS/CASI. With built-in after school tutoring and five high school student organizations that help our students and community, Ridgewood students are challenged to excel in academics and leadership. A vibrant music program complements a variety of sports for boys and girls to enhance their academic achievement and physical abilities. Good families and good teachers make Ridgewood a success. Come see us in action, everyday is Open House at Ridgewood Prep School!
April 27, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Ridgewood is one of the best kept secrets in the New Orleans area. I went there from kindergarten through 12th grade. Ridgewood prepared me to succeed in college.

This school is great! Classes are small and each student gets the attention that he or she needs. It is really great that they go all the way up to 12th grade as well.

Fifty-one years ago I graduated on a marvelous evening, in a beautiful setting, ending nine years of a life changing education opportunity at Ridgewood Prep. Today, on the eve of my 69th birthday, I reflect back on that time with fond memories and much gratitude for that experience; not just for preparing me for a higher education at LSU, but for instilling in me character traits that helped make me the man I am today.

I love Ridgewood. It's been 4 and a half years since I've graduated and I miss it everyday. My best memories come from my time at Ridgewood and this school also gave me my best friend of 12 years. Ridgewood taught me accountability and how to work hard to earn what I wanted. The teachers are amazing and so is everyone that works in the office. Everyone is so friendly and so willing to help you out in any way they can. The education I received from this school was the best. I loved going to school everyday. I loved sitting in my classes interacting with my teachers and my classmates. The atmosphere here is amazing. The size of the classes and the student body made me feel important. We all knew each other which made it a very comfortable place to learn. When I have children of my own I hope to send them here. Ridgewood became a part of me when I stepped foot into that courtyard and it will remain a part of me. Once an eagle always an eagle!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school definitely develops honesty and integrity by example. The staff all works hard and is a dedicated staff and I feel they expect for students to work hard, so they become upstanding members of their communities. It starts in primary grades and the school respects al races, ethnicities and respects each other and it shows.

Ridgewood is the BEST kept secret in the greater New Orleans area. My child had 15 kids in his class and received lots of one on one attention. He was also able to get individualized help after school if he needed it. The school has a large family atmosphere and no kids are left out. Everyone is made to feel like they are a part of the family. The faculty also rewards effort and knows how to make kids feel like their effort is rewarded and want to do even better. Teachers are dedicated like I haven't seen before. There's good effective discipline and I LOVE Mr Montgomery, the principal. He's tough, but loving and has been there for over 50 years. The football games are fun and full of enthusiasm, stressing team sportsmanship, not only winning. I am going to miss the school when my son graduates, but will probably still go help out when possible. This is absolutely the best school in the area by far.

My girls went to Ridgewood and loved it. They got a lot of attention from the faculty since the classes are small and split if a grade has too many students. They really focus on giving kids the one-on-one attention. No one gets lost in the crowd like bigger schools. It's more like family, especially for the ones who go from pre-k to graduation. They enjoyed sports, band and the football games. They also loved the international day festivities.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 27, 2015

When I was looking for a recommendation of where to send my daughter to high school, a local police officer actually recommended this school saying they don't ever hear or get calls like they will with other schools, even other private schools. That and some other things cinched it for me and I"ve never regretted sending my daughter there. I guess because it's smaller student body wise, she feels like it's a big family and she loves it and she's definitely challenged in classes. They care about the students to not dumb down things for them. My daughter is smart and I appreciate her being treated as smart, in other words, they believe in her. Excellent school all around.

I came to ridgewood in 8th grade, but now I am currently a senior. Ridgewood I must say has changed my life dramatically. I've clashed heads with a few of the teachers but I cannot say they haven't done their best to push me towards my future. I came from a school what was more close than Ridgewood is but the academics where not enough to prepare me for college. At ridgewood, students are offered tutoring everyday by beta club along with the option of teachers staying until 3:30 everyday to help. Ridgewood is not for everybody. It's a large challenge and when I first arrived I admittedly didn't like the school because the stress of grades freaked me out. I went from straight A's to failing subjects because my old school was so much easier. You have to really push yourself and be committed but getting the grades is possible. Currently I am on honor roll and I feel so much more prepared for college than I ever was. Yes the campus has it's faults but I feel Mr. Montgomery is building up the school slowly. Students are always encouraged to get involved with clubs and sports. Because I am in beta club, I get to graduate with that acknowledgement and it truly is an honor.

Last modified Ridgewood Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12