K-3|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school is founded on Biblical principals and teaches students to live by them in all areas of their lives.

My children have attended this school since Pre-K 3. They are growing both academically and spiritually, which is so important in today's day and age. The school is growing each year as more people realize that it is truly a diamond in the rough. I am so glad that we made the decision to enroll our children in such a wonderful school.

My daughter truly enjoys this school and cherishes the friends she has there. Everyone is like family. Twelve children total are in her first-grade class, making the one-on-one attention she gets outstanding compared to other overcrowded and overrated schools.

MBS cares about every student. We do not just care about academics , we care about their spiritual health. All the teachers are college graduates, and are certified by the state. You can easily confirm this on line!

Seeing many good changes taking place here. Currently both of my children are attending here -- I believe they are getting an education by teachers who have excellent character and integrity all around.

My daughter attended preschool here, in a wonderful structured Christian setting, and she has excelled at learning differences between right and wrong, and how to treat others with love and respect, in a gentle but firm manner, with truly loving and caring staff. I have also decided to enroll her in Kindergarten after seeing some of the great things Principal Jerry Riggs is doing with this school. This school suffered an awful blow several years ago due to actions of a misguided pastor, and now with its new, young, vibrant pastor -- Pastor Dan -- and Riggs raising the standards and setting the bar higher for the elementary school -- it is fast becoming one of Metairie's best-kept secrets in a private, very affordable Christian learning environment. I have to disagree totally with the last post in which the reviewer questions the new principal's leadership abilities. First of all, the reviewer posted in Sept 2012 when Riggs first came aboard (not even there a month?), and changes do not come overnight. Everything I've heard from/about Pr. Riggs' oversight has been exemplary and long overdue. He truly cares about creating/ maintaining a challenging and caring learning environment.

I enrolled my daughter here for the first time here and was not please with the curriculum which was told ABEKA but not in its entire. It has a mixed curriculum. The new principal Riggs is not great leader for the school. He is not concerned about the overall development for the school or the student as a whole. The teachers are not certified and offer limited teaching abilities with the diverse backgrounds. I was not pleased and withdrew my daughter after a month attendance. Her teacher was not equipped to offer my daughter what I was paying for which was a solid foundation. Above all else Ms Lynn and her staff are awesome. My son goes to the separate preschool and he is learning in a systematic structured setting. The preschool rocks. The upper school does not.

The students at Memorial are well prepared for high school. My daughter and son both went to Memorial and are currently in private/catholic high schools. They are excelling in school and are in honors classes. Both have achieved GPA's in the 3.85-4.0 range! Superior foundation and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good academic foundation in a Christian environment. :)

What a wonderful school! Teachers who truly love the children and pray for them each morning in prayer circle. Parents who want a God centered education for their child with a good academic track record as well. The children are taught to use Christian principles in their daily living. They look out for one another and encourage each other as well. There are opportunities for parents to serve through the PTF, sports, cheerleading, choir, boy scouts, and girl scouts. It is a very welcoming and supportive school. All you have to do is join in! Also, the students who have attended MBCS have been accepted into all of the private/Catholic high schools in the New Orleans area. A significant number of these students are/have been on the honors track at aforementioned high schools. Would not trade the experience for anything.

I would not recommend this school if you do not start there in PK3. This is our 1st year there & my child is in Kindergarten. They do not allow you to think out the box. It reminds me of a military school. It's gonna be a long year.

Last modified Memorial Baptist Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-3