Metairie, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 03, 2014
My daughter truly enjoys this school and cherishes the friends she has there. Everyone is like family. Twelve children total are in her first-grade class, making the one-on-one attention she gets outstanding compared to other overcrowded and overrated schools.

Posted June 26, 2014
MBS cares about every student. We do not just care about academics , we care about their spiritual health. All the teachers are college graduates, and are certified by the state. You can easily confirm this on line!

Posted July 30, 2013
Seeing many good changes taking place here. Currently both of my children are attending here -- I believe they are getting an education by teachers who have excellent character and integrity all around.

Posted July 30, 2013
My daughter attended preschool here, in a wonderful structured Christian setting, and she has excelled at learning differences between right and wrong, and how to treat others with love and respect, in a gentle but firm manner, with truly loving and caring staff. I have also decided to enroll her in Kindergarten after seeing some of the great things Principal Jerry Riggs is doing with this school. This school suffered an awful blow several years ago due to actions of a misguided pastor, and now with its new, young, vibrant pastor -- Pastor Dan -- and Riggs raising the standards and setting the bar higher for the elementary school -- it is fast becoming one of Metairie's best-kept secrets in a private, very affordable Christian learning environment. I have to disagree totally with the last post in which the reviewer questions the new principal's leadership abilities. First of all, the reviewer posted in Sept 2012 when Riggs first came aboard (not even there a month?), and changes do not come overnight. Everything I've heard from/about Pr. Riggs' oversight has been exemplary and long overdue. He truly cares about creating/ maintaining a challenging and caring learning environment.

Memorial Baptist Christian 1

Posted September 22, 2012
I enrolled my daughter here for the first time here and was not please with the curriculum which was told ABEKA but not in its entire. It has a mixed curriculum. The new principal Riggs is not great leader for the school. He is not concerned about the overall development for the school or the student as a whole. The teachers are not certified and offer limited teaching abilities with the diverse backgrounds. I was not pleased and withdrew my daughter after a month attendance. Her teacher was not equipped to offer my daughter what I was paying for which was a solid foundation. Above all else Ms Lynn and her staff are awesome. My son goes to the separate preschool and he is learning in a systematic structured setting. The preschool rocks. The upper school does not.

Posted February 22, 2010
The students at Memorial are well prepared for high school. My daughter and son both went to Memorial and are currently in private/catholic high schools. They are excelling in school and are in honors classes. Both have achieved GPA's in the 3.85-4.0 range! Superior foundation and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good academic foundation in a Christian environment. :)

Posted October 04, 2009
What a wonderful school! Teachers who truly love the children and pray for them each morning in prayer circle. Parents who want a God centered education for their child with a good academic track record as well. The children are taught to use Christian principles in their daily living. They look out for one another and encourage each other as well. There are opportunities for parents to serve through the PTF, sports, cheerleading, choir, boy scouts, and girl scouts. It is a very welcoming and supportive school. All you have to do is join in! Also, the students who have attended MBCS have been accepted into all of the private/Catholic high schools in the New Orleans area. A significant number of these students are/have been on the honors track at aforementioned high schools. Would not trade the experience for anything.

Memorial Baptist Christian 2

Posted September 17, 2009
I would not recommend this school if you do not start there in PK3. This is our 1st year there & my child is in Kindergarten. They do not allow you to think out the box. It reminds me of a military school. It's gonna be a long year.

Memorial Baptist Christian 1

Posted May 07, 2009

Memorial Baptist Christian 3

Posted August 10, 2008
I do not recommend this school if u have a child who struggles in school. The teachers do not know how to teach a child who as some learnig disability. My little girl went there for k-5 and will still have to repaeat it because the teacher did not how to teacher her and now she has no confidnece in herself beacuse the teacher basicly labeled her as unteachable and the other kids in the class knew this as well. The school year was not a good one foe me and my child.

Memorial Baptist Christian
5701 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, LA  70003
Last modified Memorial Baptist Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-3
Memorial Baptist Christian Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top