K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

Discipline is an area where there needs to be growth.

Supports LD students: Agree

The students who require more time and help get it from the teacher.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

The administration seems overworked. They also struggle with communication. The teachers are the real gem at the school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They teach the Bible. All the teachers are Christians.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They truly love all the students. With having such a varied faculty, all students can be ministered to during their time there.

Amount of homework: Agree

Most teachers do not give homework because they feel that to do so indicates they are not doing their job within the classroom.

Crescent City Christian School is like most schools-a work in progress. There are many wonderful things that make it a great school for Christian families. Most of the teachers carry themselves with integrity and love. They go well beyond what they earn to pour into the students. The school has a wonderful chapel program that all students attend each week. Students also have devotion times each day. Academics are always improving and change takes time. I am satisfied overall with the school and would recommend it to Christian families.

Over the past few years of my attendance, the school has gone through a massive overhaul and constant changes in the administration, it seems. Through my personal experiences as a highschool student here, there is an ever-growing problem with consistency and communication that has only appeared to worsen as a result of this overhaul by the church. If there is a problem you have, whether it be with another student for example, certain teachers are very likely to take it more seriously than others; there is a lack of consistency and blatant favoritism exhibited towards certain individuals. And even then if your situation is passed on to the administration, there is definitely no guarantee of it being investigated and handled appropriately. There used to be something called the Pioneer Learning Center intact which was meant to help students with learning and attentive needs. However, for whatever reason, it was gotten rid of and so there is less support available for those students who may need extra time and one-on-one support now. The teachers do try their best to help us out for the most part and are great people, but there has also been a change in some teaching positions over time. A particular teacher has told me and my classmates that we are not ready for college and won't make it, which I feel is extremely inappropriate and unnecessary. As Seniors, I am sure that many of us are already nervous about these matters and do not go to school to be told things like how we will not make it. I know that when I first came here as a Freshman, I was interviewed first and spoke to the what was then principal. I'm not sure if this process has changed or been removed as well, because the character of the students has degraded also. Many throw curse words around, and a fair amount of the girls carry themselves in such a pretentious light that is equivalent to that of ones in public school. I have had far better conversations and experiences with the teachers above the people my age who attend this school. There is not enough discipline or handling of matters to come up between the students.

My children were loved and were taught how to serve God. Teachers and staff gave individual attention to our children. I am thankful for their education.

When we started there, it felt like family. Over the years there has been an influx of turnover in the administration of the school. This isn't the worst part; however, it seems the talk is that the church team has taken the reigns. I had a run in with this woman (and her daughter) now in charge and was completely repulsed. I have been present when they were very rude to the staff. I witnessed the daughter being extremely forceful to another student in the cafeteria in front of everyone. She also goes to the school dressed extremely inappropriately! They really need to do an overhaul on those deemed to be in charge. The school has a very sweet group of teachers and office staff but, the administration leaves a lot to be desired. I'm considering moving my kids. I don't want them to think that's how Christians are supposed to treat others. Also, there is a parent that subs and is always starting drama within the student body. My child has said she never does the lesson plan when she subs and the classes are always out of control. She also leaves classes unattended to deal with personal matters. She speaks inappropriately to the kids and creates chaos by involving herself in students' business. I have witnessed her screaming at students and talking negatively about students and parents a few times. I know she has been reported but still they seem to be ok with her roaming the school all day and continually creating drama. It apalls me that they allow this. It needs to change! People like that do not need to be given access to the kids! I certainly do not want her around my kids.

Last modified Crescent City Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12