No rating

St Martin's Episcopal School

Private | PK-12 | 512 students

Living in Metairie

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $139,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $920.

Posted June 21, 2014

This school has top-notch faculty, facilities, and leadership and we are VERY happy with our daughter attending here. The teachers are fully engaged in their subject material and challenge the students to perform to their best ability. Parents are kept informed of class grades and student progress regularly and efficiently. Beautiful, well-kept campus!!!!! Many opportunities for students here academically, athletically, or in the visual / performing arts. Chapel, Religion, and service projects also very front-and-center in all academic divisions. Would highly recommend this school to any parent looking for high-quality education for their son or daughter.

Posted January 10, 2014

My son attends St. Martin's George Cottage. It is such a wonderful school! He is excited to go each and every day. They maintain a very strict ratio of students to teachers. All the teachers in all the classrooms know your child and are all helpful and friendly. It is also cheaper than a lot of other day cares/private school options for this age group. The Cottage goes from 18 months - 4 years when they can start Pre-K. We didn't know about it until my son was almost 3. I wish I would have sent him there earlier! They practice the Reggio Emilia philosophy which I really enjoy. In just 2 months, my son's vocabulary and language skills increased exponentially! I am so sad to be leaving the school but I am moving out of the state! I think it is a great first school for your child if you can't afford to send them there through high school. It is truly a great program with wonderful teachers.

Posted August 27, 2013

I graduated from St. Martin's. It taught me to think, reason, understand and it gave me a lifelong love of learning. I only wish I had stayed in New Orleans, so my kids could have gone there!!

Posted March 8, 2012

Oh no! They taught your child to ASK QUESTIONS?? What kind of an education is that? Answer: The kind of education I want for my child.

Posted May 16, 2011

I thought this was the best I could provide for my son, but it turned out to be the worst decision of our lives. Their only rule is "No flip flops". There is little to no discipline at St. Martin's. Does anyone really care at this school? They will be the first to boast about their academic standards, but dig a little deeper and really ask questions about the religion, and disciplinary standards. This school is built for the Godless society of today. I sent my child there knowing his beliefs, and he came out questioning our beliefs nearly destroying our family. Please save your child and DO NOT SEND THEM TO ST. MARTINS!!

Posted March 16, 2011

Just read the review by the unhappy parent. Must be a different school as all grades are posted on a weekly basis on the internet as are all homework assignments. The school is its 50 plus years has never had a female head of school. Each of the private schools in the New Orleans area have their strengths and weaknesses. I believe it was the best choice for my bright, underachieving son. Also an alum.

Posted September 14, 2010

This is my son's second year at St. Martin's and we couldn't be happier. Every day he is excited about going to school. If I need to email his teacher, she is always quick to respond and incredibly nice. There is a Smart board in his classroom (he's in kindergarten) and the curriculum is very impressive. Highly recommended!

Posted May 13, 2010

Very nice school. My only problem is other parents, they are nosey & stuck up! (Nothing to do with education but it does bother me). We've been there 3 yrs & my child teaches me things, I'm amazed at the stuff they teach at such a young age & we plan on sending our kids there till they graduate. Thats my favorite part, they don't need to switch schools at all!

Posted April 27, 2010

STM provides excellent education. The school is diverse and has a very positive environment. My kids are very happy here. We moved from another private school in the area and after coming here I realized how unhappy my kids were there.

Posted April 3, 2010

At the end of the year honor ceremony, my oldest son was not recognized for being on the honor roll. Since the school does not post grades on the internet, I had to wait until his final grades were mailed to find out why he didn't make the honor roll. When they arrived, he had straight 'A''s. I called the headmaster and asked why he wasn't recognized. She blamed it on a computer error. She then told me that she would personally call my son and apologize and he would be recognized in the summer newsletter. Well, neither of those things happened. I would expect this from a large school but there are only 49 kids in his class. I have buyer's remorse because I paid over $15,000 for my son to be overlooked.

Posted June 21, 2009

Cannot say enough wonderful things about this nursery school. Loving teachers, clean and organized classes with an excellent student/teacher ratio. My daughter's class had only 7 kids with 2 teachers. This is important, because other schools tell you their ratio, but then cram 20 kids in a classroom. This was our experience at a popular Metairie nursery school and my daughter was overwhelmed by the noise and chaos. We put her in George Cottage and she excelled. She was beyond happy every day to go to school and our friends with kids her age are amazed at what she has learned. We love love love the Cottage. My first child started at 18 months, but now they accept babies at 12 months. We truly love and trust the teachers and couldn't be happier.

Posted February 22, 2009

I can't believe I am the first to rate St. Martin's. This school, from 18 months (George's Cottage) through high school, is nothing but phenomenal. I had the pleasure of teaching first grade there and immediately realized what a family the entire STM community is. The faculty, staff, and students are all so wonderful. The lower school head is extremely compassionate and cares about each child (and teacher). You truly get what you pay for. Students have P.E. daily, swimming once a week, and art, music, a separate science lab, foreign language, library and religion at least weekly. The available technology is first class (many SMART Boards in classrooms and an awesome tech team). The facilities are top-notch and the meals are like what Grandma cooks (finger-licking good!). I'm so sad we had to move; I was so spoiled at STM and would recommend St. Martin's to everyone! -N.M.
—Submitted by a teacher

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAES
  • NAIS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

225 Green Acres Road