PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This used to be a great school before the current administration. They've gotten rid of amazing teachers and all discipline. All of their focus is on a new building that looks out of place next to the beautiful chapel. Many other school have stem programs and 3D printers; they don't need a flashy building to attract prospective parents. The head of school has her own agenda, and although she will put on a good act of listening to parents' concerns, she really has no intention of doing anything except what she wants to do. I heard she has the same reputation from her previous school too.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Seems to be a very high turnover rate

Develops character: Neutral

For students who lack these traits, there is no longer discipline to address these issues.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some of the newer teachers aren't nearly as qualified as the long standing teachers that are slowly getting booted.

St. Martins's provides a rigorous variety of academic ciriculiums, excellent athletic programs and incorporates a faith based culture that enhances the whole being. There is discipline yet a style of free spirit to be who you are. St. Martin's is vibrant, thriving, on the cutting edge of the STEM program and Design Thinking. It is the BEST eductional experience. No question about it.

St. Martin's is an amazing school that has provided the strongest of foundations for my life.

This school has top-notch faculty, facilities, and leadership and we are VERY happy with our daughter attending here. The teachers are fully engaged in their subject material and challenge the students to perform to their best ability. Parents are kept informed of class grades and student progress regularly and efficiently. Beautiful, well-kept campus!!!!! Many opportunities for students here academically, athletically, or in the visual / performing arts. Chapel, Religion, and service projects also very front-and-center in all academic divisions. Would highly recommend this school to any parent looking for high-quality education for their son or daughter.

My son attends St. Martin's George Cottage. It is such a wonderful school! He is excited to go each and every day. They maintain a very strict ratio of students to teachers. All the teachers in all the classrooms know your child and are all helpful and friendly. It is also cheaper than a lot of other day cares/private school options for this age group. The Cottage goes from 18 months - 4 years when they can start Pre-K. We didn't know about it until my son was almost 3. I wish I would have sent him there earlier! They practice the Reggio Emilia philosophy which I really enjoy. In just 2 months, my son's vocabulary and language skills increased exponentially! I am so sad to be leaving the school but I am moving out of the state! I think it is a great first school for your child if you can't afford to send them there through high school. It is truly a great program with wonderful teachers.

I graduated from St. Martin's. It taught me to think, reason, understand and it gave me a lifelong love of learning. I only wish I had stayed in New Orleans, so my kids could have gone there!!

Oh no! They taught your child to ASK QUESTIONS?? What kind of an education is that? Answer: The kind of education I want for my child.

Last modified St. Martin's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12