Metairie, LA

Posted May 01, 2014
I am so impressed with this school. They recently were ranked as a "Blue Ribbon" school. The teachers are attentive and caring. The atmosphere is soooo pleasant. The aftercare program is top-notch. I couldn't be happier!

Posted April 03, 2014
My school is Ellla Dolhonde Elementary in Metairie, La. Everyone gets involved in your child's learning experience & strive to help them do the best they can. They are very parent friendly & I LOVE the one point of entry

Posted August 13, 2012
Last year was my son first year at Dolhone as a second grader, the school he attended prior to Dolhonde was Bridgedale. I intentionally moved out of Bridgedale district because my husband and I had to many negative encounters with his teachers and the principle. Through out the entire year of Kinder and 1st grades they threaten to keep him back. They were not patient with him, all they wanted to do was lable him as a special ed student but when the test results came back his scores were too high to be considered special ed. But Dolhone teachers and staff were patient and his teacher and I kept close contact with updates on how he was doing through out the year. He even made honor roll. This school also offers a free after school program called 21st Century that helps the children with school work, they read, play games, do arts and crafts etc.... My son will finish elementary here at Dolhonde.

Posted March 04, 2011
Both of my daughters love going to this school. If you get involved with your kids school, teachers, etc... Things will be differant and then they know what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. Parents.......get involved.

Posted October 21, 2008
I rate the special ed dept, one of the best in the school system. You are not going to find more caring professionals anywhere else. My daughter has been with Ms. Teri and Mr. George for 5 years and I cannot sing their praises enough. They are always going to conferences and seminars to learn more about autisim and how to help their students afflicted with this horrible disorder. All of the para educators are wonderful too!! Anyone who has a child with Autisim would being doing their child a tremendous disservice by not looking into the Autistic class at Ella Dolhonde.

Posted March 29, 2006
The special education department is the best. Ms. Teri and Mr. George are the best there are. They have done a wonderful job with the autistic children. I have visited the classroom on several occassions and have been impressed by the activities, and amount of assistance in the classroom. Mr. Moscona is a great principal. He has makes it a point to say hello to all of the children he encounters on any given day. The entire staff (regular education, special education, child care, cafeteria and housekeeping) have always (when crossing my path) made it a point to say hello to me and my child. Kudos Ella Dolhonde, Keep up the wonderful job!!!

Ella Dolhonde Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2006
My daughter is in 2nd grade and was at this school in 1st. They literally shoved her through 1st and when I tried to have her held back they talked me out of it. They do not want to help children that need help and I plan to take my child out of this school. The teachers will not call back, they don't pay attention to whether or not the parent signs behavior reports, tests, etc. This is a horrible school and I believe someone needs to be running it. The principal does not call back or answer phone calls either.

Ella Dolhonde Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2005
My daughter came to this school in the middle of the year.I must say I have never encountered such a horrible academic leadership problem .Nobody really cares at this school it hurt my heart to find out this school ranks number 2 on worst shools list.I am trying to make a way for my baby to not return this school year but its hard because this is her district school I am not happy with nothing about this school.

Ella Dolhonde Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2005
I have two grandchildren who attend and I am extremely dissappointed with the overall quality with which the school is run. I attended several field trips with my youngest grandchild and while the initial part of the trip was fun and entertaining the remainder of each trip was spent at a neighborhood park. The teachers 'sat' at a small table near the entrance to the play yard. They were not able to see what 60-70 little children were doing and did not get up at all to check on them. The lack of supervision was scary. Teacher-student ratio is to high for the skill level of some of them to properly maintain a good study atmosphere. I am hopeful things will improve.

Ella Dolhonde Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2005
My child has been going to this school since 2nd grade &up until 4th, everything was great. Now,I feel everything is falling apart. The thing that upsets me the most is the fact that when one of the teachers has to be out, they apparently have a 'substitute teacher problem' & just have the other two teachers check in at different times on the class that has no teacher. This is not acceptable to me. Anything could happen if no one is watching these children at all times but also there are those of us who depend on these teachers for 504 acomodations. How can they accomodate our children if no one is there? Then if the kids get rambunctious, they want to give them punish work. If a teacher cannot be in the class, then the principal, secretary,lunch person,or someone could be found to watch our children.

Ella Dolhonde Elementary School
219 Severn Avenue, Metairie, LA  70001
Last modified Ella Dolhonde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ella Dolhonde Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top