Metairie, LA

Posted January 15, 2015
We are so thankful to have our daughter enrolled at JC Ellis. She is in the immersion program for Spanish and has excelled in all aspects since she began attending in August. This is a top-notch school with teachers and administration that genuinely care.

Posted December 18, 2014
es una muy buena escuela es por eso que quiero que mi hija estudie alli

Posted July 16, 2014
Great school and teachers are the best! My kid is happy and learning so fast we are happy too with such a great job, specially Mrs. Irisari yayyyy

Posted August 14, 2013
This is a wonderful school with excellent French and Spanish Immersion Programs. The principal in a gem.

Posted February 10, 2012
For those who don't know, anyone in Jefferson Parish can attend the Spanish or French immersion program. Bus service is provided if needed. You don't have to live in the school's district to attend. You can call the school for more information.

Posted February 09, 2012
My kids came home today and said J.C. Ellis is the best school. Well I think the teachers are the best. They teach my kids all day and still have time to talk to us and e-mail us answers we may have. My son has to give a presentation in 2nd grade and I am excited about that. The leadership and teachers are all about the kids and what is best for them. The school lacks a good way to communicate with parents. The Parent organization is a run by a few people who like control, but that really doesn't affect how the kids learn. I would recommend this school especially for the French and Spanish Immersion programs!

J.C. Ellis Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2011
My granddaughter attends J.C. Ellis. For the most part it is a good school, but I don't think the faculty is on the cutting edge of things. You never see anything publish in the local paper about the school events and the fairs/activities are not that well organized. While I am grateful for the combined years of knowledge that the faculty has, I wish that the school could be more involved.

Posted October 08, 2010
J.C.Ellis is a phenomenal school in every since of the word. My daughter has been attending since PK-4 in the French Immersion program. Sadly, this is her last year there (she is in 5th grade and will be going to middle school). Ms. Berner is a blessing to the school. She has expected and received nothing but the best from each and every student. The teachers at Ellis work with students in a continuous effort to ensure success. Every student there learns respect, morals, discipline, and how to be responsible for their actions. Clearly there needs to be more parental involvement but the school can only encourage it, not demand it. It is up to the parents to accept an active role in their child's education. My second child will be attending Ellis as soon as she is of age too... that's how special the school is to our family.

Posted June 23, 2010
My daughter was in the French language immersion 1st grade last year and will be going back for 2nd grade. I love the program and the teachers. I do think that at some school events, like Fall Fest and orientation, things are haphazard and lack order. If they could improve in those areas I would give 5 stars.

Posted January 25, 2010
My daughter is in the kindergarten Spanish immersion program. Her Spanish has really accelerated over the last six months. She is speaking with an authentic Spanish accent. In addition to her wonderful progress in Spanish, she is excelling in English. At bedtime, she reads books to her sister and me. I do recommend this magnet program offered through the Jefferson Parish Public School System, but secretly I would like to keep it to myself so too many people don t find out about the program.

J.C. Ellis Elementary School
801 Brockenbraugh Court, Metairie, LA  70005
Last modified J.C. Ellis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J.C. Ellis Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top