Metairie, LA

Green Park Elementary School 1

Posted November 05, 2012
I would NOT send your child here.This school has be come trash. Some of the teachers dont even stop the fights. I know many parents that have took their child out of this school.Their are some good teachers still here but not that many.Green Park needs to be under review.

Posted August 01, 2012
Caring teachers, lots of student activities & a great, warm learning environment. I wouldn't be happy sending my kids anywhere else!

Posted August 04, 2010
Green park is the best elementary school, ever. As a student, parent, grandparent and substitute teacher I have experienced many schools. Although, Green Park has gone through some changes with principals and rule changes, the students are still well behaved and well educated. The teachers are enthusiastic and dedicated.

Posted May 18, 2010
Great School!Friendly teachers, many involved parents, HAPPY students. This makes an amazing environment for children to learn in.

Green Park Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2010
Doesn't have an open door policy! My son is in Kindergarten in Mrs. Harrison's class.She is a caring,fun teacher that showed my son the personal attention he needed when he had discipline problems which are now resolved, I have never seen the principal.The office staff seems to have an attitude. They all have stupid looks on thier faces when i come in the office like 'what do you want?' Today I wanted to bring doughnuts because it was my sons turn to bring snack. I wasn't allowed to bring it to his class even though I checked in to get a visitor pass. Urine smell in the halls.A staff member once told my son he was irritating.He's been reading&counting to 100 since he was 4& the class has just caught up to him. No kindergarten acceleration. He is teaching me sign language though!

Green Park Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
The school is really suffering this year. MAny of the teachers were transferred especially special education teachers. Students are suffering because of this. My child now has 26 students in her kindergarten class. THis is way too many. The new principal, Fran Rush, doesn't seem to be a very good leader.

Green Park Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2008
Green Park was a amazing school when Mr. Vic was principal. He was always approachable with any concerns you may have. My son went there for 4 years , my duaghter has gone there for 2 years and I have another that will start there next year. I am a very involoved parent, I will help anyway I can. The new Principal is not a very accessable person. She has to control everything at every single moment. She has made the school a very uncomfortable place. Every day a policy changes. I just hope that things settled down and she realizes that she has a wonderful staff. Other than that the teachers are great except for the horrible mistake that Borderlee made by hiring 2 bad teachers in the last 2 years.

Green Park Elementary School 0

Posted September 11, 2008
I absoutely love this school for my daughter. She adapted really well. Mrs. Mailhos is a wonderful teacher and I've only known her for 2 weeks!-Keep up the Good Work.

Posted September 09, 2007
Best elementary school i've been to. Teachers are very caring and helpful. Good thing most of my teachers are still there. Gus the Gator Rocks!!

Posted March 27, 2007
This is a wonderful school.The teachers are very accessible to the parents.They are very caring and involved with their students.

Green Park Elementary School
1409 North Upland Avenue, Metairie, LA  70003
Last modified Green Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top