Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Rudolph Matas School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 01, 2016
Thank You so MUCH!! To all teachers but a special thanks to Mrs. O'Regan 2nd grade. We have enjoyed you teaching our son very much. Thank you

Posted March 01, 2016
We absolutely enjoy every aspect Rudolph Matas has to offer our son. Who attended Alice Birney Elementary previously. Let me just tell you the staff at Rudolph Matas is grade A to past experience. The teachers are woderful. We love Mrs. O'Regan 2nd grade. She is just a pleasure to have as our son's teacher. We have zero complaints. As previous reviews state that the principal at the school is mean or rude.. We have never encountered that. She has always been friendly and happy. Always interacting with the students with a welcome warm smile. Thank You Rudolph Matas for such a great opportunity for our son to learn with you all daily... Can't wait for many more years to come. We will have our daughter there 16'.

Rudolph Matas School 1

Posted April 27, 2014
I had my two boys in this school not even a half of a year when I pulled them out and switched schools. The principal is an absolute joke. The only reason she hasn't been fired is because she has family on the school board protecting her. What she put my oldest son through was absolutely horrible and I wouldn't wish it upon any other child or parent for that matter. I noticed problems with her from the beginning of the year with her horrible attitude. And I had also heard from a friend that she had problems with her and took her child out as well. But it was after I had already enrolled them. I will give one example of what my son went through aside from the problems the principal caused him. My son was urinated on after the first month and sent home with a different shirt and I didn't even receive a phone call from his teacher. There's not enough space for me to write details but something needs to be done with the horrible woman calling herself a principal. She is a child and parents worse nightmare! I wish I would have called 6 on your side but I was rushing to get my kids in a good school and away from her.

Posted April 03, 2014
I love it so much! the teachers are very nice and understanding. if i need help with a problem or something i can always got to them for school related things such as home work class work and stuff like that! if you are having trouble finding a GREAT school you should choose Rudolph Matas Elementary/Middle School!

Posted September 01, 2013
the school is GREAT BUT THE PRINCIPAL is I cant even say she has followed my ex to his home cursed him out I couldn't belive my ears he recorded it She has kicked my kids out of school 5 years in a row over a address I'm not sure what her problem is but I now have a lawyer handling it. She has let 3 parents use addresses that I know of so that the kids can stay at Matas I'm happy the parents are going to speak for me. Last year when I sent my kids back to school she ran up to them COME HERE YOU ARE NOT TO BE HERE ILL MAKE SURE OF IT then she told them I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU AND YOUR SISTER FOR THE PARENTS YOU HAVE shes crazy I have reported her the the school board but she said she knows people nothing will ever happen to her WOW REALLY watch out fpr her she really is something else

Rudolph Matas School 1

Posted July 31, 2013
The way the principal handles situations regarding discipline and poor behavior is unacceptable. There was an event in which my son came home saying that the principal was going to hit him with her blue ruler if he acted bad again and she was the boss and would put him in the corner all day. Low and behold...when I scheduled an appointment to discuss this with her, there was a blue ruler in her office??? She acted very disrespectful and as if my son was falsifying information. I drove home in tears with how poorly she spoke down on me. I'm not sure my son was even aware of the word "ruler" before this event. As he was only four! I understand that children need authoritative figures and a good talking to, but this blew my mind! To top it off, he has special needs so some (but not all) of his behavior should be handled in a loving and positive way.

Rudolph Matas School 2

Posted June 17, 2013
The principal made everything a nightmare for us this last year. She should be fired. The reason she is still there is because she has family working on the school board protecting her job. Someone needs to monitor her unprofessional behavior and activity and open the eyes of the school board that there is prejudism in her favor from family. Everyone who has had a problem with the principal has to report her to the highest person possible on the state school board to stop her from ruining any more lives. If everything she does wrong gets reported to the state, they will have to take action and the family members will finally need to step back and let the consequences happen. My husband is working on a lawsuit against the principal. We did not have any problems with the teachers. Certain office staff however were very rude.

Rudolph Matas School 2

Posted March 15, 2012
Academically this school is pretty good. The only set backs are as follows: 1. The principal lacks professionalism. She does not own up to her responsibilities as a principal, does not address issues, and there is a huge empathy chip missing. She is very one sided, and never researches complaints when filed. She always assumes that her staff (including herself) is always right. 2. Safety & security are a big issue. The gates and building doors are left open all day during school hours. I have walked down halls and areas that should be secured, & not once was I ever approached or questioned about who I was or what I was doing there.

Posted January 06, 2009
I have 2 kids that go to this school. One is in pre-k and the other is in 5th. The teachers have been awesome in every grade. The office staff is very personable which i love. The extracurricular activities have exceeded my expectations. They have drama, art, band, accelerated Reader program and GT just to name a few. I think you would like sending your child here. My daughter learns alot and continues to be challenged.

Posted August 26, 2008
My son went to this school since 2ed grade and now he is in 5th grade . The teachers are the best and the staff is great to. The principle does a wonderful job of keeping the school top on the list of great schools. They just add band to the list activities and my son loves it . This will perpare him for middle and high school band. I was so afraid that the leap test would be a nighmare but Matas teachers help my son and other kids in perparing them for the leap that my son exaully said it was easy and he pass . We will miss Matas when we leave . My hat goes off the the teachers staff and Pricipale.

Rudolph Matas School
1201 Elise Avenue, Metairie, LA  70003
Last modified Rudolph Matas School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.