Metairie, LA

Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies 1

Posted April 22, 2014
The teachers worry more about school ranking scores than individual students learning and creating a foundation to succeed in the next grade. Teachers are overly harsh and drive students to a breaking point to where they don't function in the classroom. When meeting with the principal to discuss teacher behavior, the teachers filibuster throughout the meeting so that parents don't have an opportunity to discuss their concerns. They have the attitude of We're perfect - it's YOU with the problem, and we will force you out.

Posted April 17, 2014
My school is Metairie Academy for Advanced Studies. When my grandson was accepted into MAAS, I was not very familiar with its programs, goals, and methods. Having a Masters Degree in Teaching, I was interested to learn why this school was preferred by so many parents, and so difficult to gain admission. I try to attend as many activities as possible, assist my grandson with homework, etc. The child is bright, but it takes a school such as this one to enable the child to "rise to the occasion." Yes, the work seems sometimes overwhelming, but mastering it gives him a great sense of accomplishment. My grandson's vocabulary and language skills are extraordinary, he is much more focused than in other school settings. The teaching staff is excellent, as is administration. I feel that MAAS is affording him a great foundation for higher education.

Posted March 17, 2014
My child is in PreK at Metairie Academy. The curriculum is rigorous, my child is happy and I absolutely love the school. Metairie Academy has exceeded my expectations.

Posted September 26, 2013
My Grandson is in a gifted Pre-K class. In just the few weeks he has been in school he has learned so much. I can't wait to see him at the end of Pre-K.

Posted August 15, 2011
It surely is a great school. If your child is doing progressing according to his/her age and enjoys learning at the age of 4 .. parents get him/her tested for metairie academy. Beacause you want your child to be exposed to the currculum to stimulate the mind to keep up with his calliber. My son and daughter both scored above 99.9 for the test and school is just the right fit for them. It is certainly not about pushing the child and giving overload homework. They make sure the kids learn what they need to rather than those schools which will focus on just following school board mandate.

Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies 4

Posted April 19, 2011
My daughter has been going to Metairie Academy since second grade. Before her second grade year she went to St. Catherine of Siena, what a joke academically. She went from making straight A's at St. Catherine, never studying a day in her life, to making A/B's at Metairie Academy. My daughter has never had 5 hours of homework, so I am not sure what others are speaking of? I have only one complaint and that is the P.E. teachers speak to the children way too harshly, and so do some of the 5th grade teachers. My daughter loves school, but hates more than half of her teachers. They really need to pay closer attention to the parents comments on the teachers actions, they side with the teachers automatically. Academically the school is great if your child is gifted!

Posted February 11, 2011
Great school! My daughter loves this school. She is in Pre-K and is learning so much. I can't wait to see what Kindergarten is like.

Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies 3

Posted June 21, 2010
Excellent academics. Poor communication. Does not have a nuturing environment. Lots of screaming and yelling by teachers and especially coaches, which truly breaks the spirit of the children. Sad that it has so much potential, but falls short.

Posted March 01, 2010

Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies 0

Posted November 04, 2009
Because the education is diverse; the children are so creative; and because is affords those who could not pay for a better education.

Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies
201 Metairie Road, Metairie, LA  70005
Last modified Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top