Metairie, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 09, 2014
Riviere Elementary is a excellent school! I am so happy with the choice I made to send my child there since Pre-K. He is now in the fourth grade and LOVES going to school everyday. We have a wonderful principal, He truly cares about all of his students and knows everyone by name. If you make the time to become a involved parent and work as a team with your child's teachers you will be very pleased. Riviere has some of the best, hardworking and caring teachers you can find. I have seen my child and others learn and grow so much, it's a wonderful thing to witness. We will miss the Rivi re family when he graduates next year.

Marie B. Riviere Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2014
My child has been at this school for 5 years. I loved this school up until this year, 4th grade. I'm sorry, but I feel the teaches are not teaching these kids very well. My child has always been on honor roll, but this year it seems impossible. On alot of the test she is given 1 wrong is a C. Over Thanksgiving she had 3 packets (15 to 30 questions each), 2 Science tests to do online, read a book, Math workbook pages, and writing math facts. I mean I'm all for giving them some work, but this poor kid didn't even get a break. Even I need a break! I didn't have that much homework in college!! I'm having to pay and put her in private tutoring b/c they do no offer tutoring until the child is failing. I'm not going to wait until that happens. I send her teachers emails and get no response. Also, some teachers this year don't tell them prior to testing. Maybe some kids don't need to study the night before but mine does. She needs the extra review even though we do homework every night. Like I said, I used to be this schools #1 fan but after this year I'm seriously thinking about sending her somewhere else. It's really disappointing :(

Marie B. Riviere Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2013
My daughter has been a student here since pre-k. I am happy with what this school has taught her. The only complaint would be the "mean teachers" in 4th grade. My child would tell me that her 4th grade teacher yelled at the kids and herself, and homework was a nightmare! The only suggestion I would give is to fire all 4th grade teachers from last year. This year everything so far so good as this will be her final year here. Thanks.

Posted May 11, 2013
This was a Great Elementary School. I have been there since 4th grade (more exactly: half of 4th grade). In only 1.5 years, I found this school to be great. I highly Recommend this school. *Riviere Student*

Marie B. Riviere Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2013
All I can is that the principal screamed at my child and me! She asked him a question, he did not respond, I responded for him and she rudely said, "I'm not asking you, I'm asking him." I said he is only 5yrs. old and your tone scares him. She just screamed, "Well get out of here!" I hope one day, someone will report he to the School Board. She's supposed to be a role model, not a scare crow!

Posted October 30, 2012
My daughter is a 5th grader now. She strated Pre-K here and been here all these years. Great teachers and principal. Always very helpful. We love Riviere.

Marie B. Riviere Elementary School 3

Posted October 20, 2012
I am not impressed. My daughter is a third grader, she ha been a student at Marie B Rivi re we are so tired of the rudeness, horrible food and teachers who do not do there jobs.

Posted May 16, 2012
been there since 3rd grade it never gets boring its like u dont want a summer and want more fun at schooool!!! i love u mrs.bonnnnettteee!!!<3 teachers are sooo nice awesome schoooooooooooooooool!! you should try it get adapted to i \t quick just went to it today and picked up my couisin!!

Posted August 14, 2011
My son attended this school last year for kindergarten and he did really well. He had homework ever night. He was learning new things everyday and was very excited to come home to tell me what he was learning. We are excited to start the new school year and with all the enthusiasm a child and parent can have. Riviere is a really wonderful school.

Posted June 01, 2011
My son LOVES Riviere!!! He will be in the second grade in the fall and has attended the school since kndergarten. They have a before/aftercare program (thats affordable), which is important. The staff has always been courteous and caring. I am amazed at how much he has learned in the past year. He was given a steady dose of homework weekly, but I don't think it was ever too much. I like that the school offers several field trips througout the year. Both on and away from campus. The PTO hosts different nights, science night, international night, family game night. It give you the chance to meet the children your child talks about everyday. I cannot foresee my son changing schools until the sixth grade. Like I said, he loves Riviere!

Marie B. Riviere Elementary School
1564 Lake Avenue, Metairie, LA  70005
Last modified Marie B. Riviere Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marie B. Riviere Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top