No rating

St. Christopher School

Private | PK-8

Living in Metairie

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted August 20, 2014

ST.CHRISTOPHER is the best school in Metairie, the teachers and staff are very nice,and every child that attends this school has respect for themselves and others,from what I have seen. This is truly a wonderful school.

Posted January 10, 2014

St. Christopher is school founded and maintained on the ideals of a true Catholic school. There have been 4 generations of our family that have attended and all have fond memories. Currently my son and daughter attend and both have made great realationships and strides in their education.

Posted October 25, 2013

St. Christopher is a fantastic school that sets high expectations for its students and parents of students.

Posted September 19, 2013

ST.CHRISTOPHER IS THE BEST SCHOOL IN JEFFERSON PARISH.All them hours of homework at nite,and there staff and teachers being so strick on students, has made my daughter become a wonderful person,she now attends Mount Carmel,,this school has prepared her very well,.thanks for doing such a great job....awesome school ,but is not suitable for every child.

Posted August 23, 2013

My daughter attends St Christopher school, and it is one of the best decisions I ever made sending her there. She loves her school, and me too.

Posted August 22, 2013

Best school, best teachers. My children love this school and me too.Great school, great teachers.

Posted June 17, 2013

It is true what others are saying about expecting parents to teach their kids at home. I would get notes telling me to work on things my child is having trouble with. Well, I have been out of school for quite a while and don't remember alot of things, so I can't help, nor can I afford a tutor after paying the tuition. If you pay a large tuition to have a school teach your child, why do they expect me to do it. Then they think parents aren't involved if they don't help their children with homework. We are involved with our children, however, if we just don't remember the knowledge to help our children? We shouldn't be put in that position. Parents have full time jobs to pay for tuition, then have to spend hours trying to help our children with homework because teachers didn't explain it well enough in class? Also, they are very strict and give out demerits for every little thing. Many kids don't have enough time to go to their lockers and make it to class on time. Demerit. Trouble getting your locker open. Demerit. The bus gets to school early and many kids end up missing the bus because the bus can leave minutes after the bell rings and then we have to pay aftercare.

Posted June 5, 2013

This school school has made some improvements and faltered in some areas. It's good they have an art class but the math program is very weak, esp in the early middle school grades. Plan on teaching your own child math and these are critical foundation years for high school! Don't bother addressing the issue, it doesn't exsist in the admin's mind. It does believe me.

Posted September 8, 2011

My wife was educated though St. Christopher (gradated Dominican/UNO) and my two daughters have been going there since pre-k with our oldest now in 5th. Not only do I feel our children receive an excellent curriculum, but the values they learn will lead them to be caring and productive adults. Unlike many schools that are used as day care by parents, there is a large amount of homework sent during the school week. The parents here are involved an many aspects of there kids education, (as it should be in these early years). I come from a local public school and understand the importance of our role as parents.Here they are gradually taught independence and preparation for there high school years. The teacher show true concern with the progress of my kids and the principal's direction for the student body is to see them have what it takes to succeed in the working work as leader and innovators. This school does not require a catholic upbringing, but does require respect for its morals and teaching that come with it. For those who think there children should learn everything their is to know within 5 hours per subject a week without there help; this is not your school.

Posted August 29, 2011

My child has ADD/ADHD and has a very hard time in school. He started there in 5th grade and now is in 7th. This school has been nothing other than outstanding when it came to helping him with lesson, giving him more time to take his test, and even getting other class mates to help him get his homework assignments. In both his 5th and 6th grade year my wife and I had quite a few meetings with all his teachers and school counselors before school and every teacher he had attended and were very helpful in the insight to what he needed. I love this school and so do my children.

Posted May 31, 2011

This is not a school to send you child if they have a learning disability or ADD or ADHD. After trying St. Christopher for a short time, I removed my child. The principal is beyond rude and she was rude to me as the parent which will simply not work. She has an attitude that she can do whatever she wants and she does not care if you do not like it or not. My child really had a hard time with the lockers due to his disability and I told them he had problems and showed them recent testing I had on my child. They still wrote him up when he could not get his locker unlocked fast enough. His heart was really broke and could not understand why the teachers where picking on him. A year later my son is still emotional about his experience at St. Christopher. I hope my review helps a parent see that even though a school might be great for some students it's not great for them all.

Posted February 17, 2011

This school greatly depends on the parents to teach the children by giving excessive homework assignments. The teachers don't give individual attention to the students; instead they send notes to the parents to work with their children in certain areas where their skills are lacking. Considering the price of tuition and all the fund raisers they host, I do not feel I am getting my money's worth at this school.

Posted April 16, 2010

My daughter absolutely loves this school! St. Christopher is giving her a great start.

Posted July 15, 2009

St. Christopher is a wonderful school.The teachers are very understanding and helpfull with all their students.

Posted May 24, 2009

st.christpher is the best school in metairie.the teachers are wonderfull and the students are very educated,i've looked at all the schools in metairie,and st.christopher impressed me the most.this school is very well kept up.I love this school and so does everyone else.

Posted March 12, 2009

The faculty and Administration is very concerned when it comes to the education and welfare of my children. St. Christopher is very active when it comes to 'parent involvement'. Between our Home and School Club bi-monthly meetings and our monthly Men's Club meetings, I am always informed and involved. This school has one of the highest return ratios of teachers. They know a good school when they see one.

Posted May 16, 2008

May 16, 2008 My daughter is graduating from the 8th grade and will be attending Mount Carmel for her high school years. St. Christopher has not only given my daughter an excellent education, but has also instilled values that she will use in her everyday life. St. Christopher has also helped her acquire a deeper love for God and has a special closeness with the Virgin Mary. Not only will she miss St. Christopher and her classmates, most of which she has known since her PK class, but she will also miss the family atmosphere that St. Christopher has shown her. Thank you St Christopher for making our lives fuller, richer but most of all more meaning full.

Posted January 13, 2008

Definitely a five star school!

Posted July 1, 2007

My daughter has attended St.Christopher since 3 year Pre-K and has just completed 7th grade. We have been extremely pleased with the administration, faculty and staff. I do not regret my decision to send her to this school and will always highly recommned to anyone.

Posted August 9, 2004

Saint Christopher is a very stable school. Very good leadership. Teacher quality 3.5 overall. In some areas they need to rethink who is teaching what subject. Extracurricular activiies they have many. It will work for all kids. Safety 4. They work very hard on safety at St. Christopher. Overall, I think Saint Christopher is a 4.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ruth Meche
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Fax number
  • (504) 834-0522

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New Orleans

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3900 Derbigny Street