PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted August 20, 2014
ST.CHRISTOPHER is the best school in Metairie, the teachers and staff are very nice,and every child that attends this school has respect for themselves and others,from what I have seen. This is truly a wonderful school.

Posted January 10, 2014
St. Christopher is school founded and maintained on the ideals of a true Catholic school. There have been 4 generations of our family that have attended and all have fond memories. Currently my son and daughter attend and both have made great realationships and strides in their education.

Posted October 25, 2013
St. Christopher is a fantastic school that sets high expectations for its students and parents of students.

Posted September 19, 2013
ST.CHRISTOPHER IS THE BEST SCHOOL IN JEFFERSON PARISH.All them hours of homework at nite,and there staff and teachers being so strick on students, has made my daughter become a wonderful person,she now attends Mount Carmel,,this school has prepared her very well,.thanks for doing such a great job....awesome school ,but is not suitable for every child.

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughter attends St Christopher school, and it is one of the best decisions I ever made sending her there. She loves her school, and me too.

Posted August 22, 2013
Best school, best teachers. My children love this school and me too.Great school, great teachers.

St. Christopher School 2

Posted June 17, 2013
It is true what others are saying about expecting parents to teach their kids at home. I would get notes telling me to work on things my child is having trouble with. Well, I have been out of school for quite a while and don't remember alot of things, so I can't help, nor can I afford a tutor after paying the tuition. If you pay a large tuition to have a school teach your child, why do they expect me to do it. Then they think parents aren't involved if they don't help their children with homework. We are involved with our children, however, if we just don't remember the knowledge to help our children? We shouldn't be put in that position. Parents have full time jobs to pay for tuition, then have to spend hours trying to help our children with homework because teachers didn't explain it well enough in class? Also, they are very strict and give out demerits for every little thing. Many kids don't have enough time to go to their lockers and make it to class on time. Demerit. Trouble getting your locker open. Demerit. The bus gets to school early and many kids end up missing the bus because the bus can leave minutes after the bell rings and then we have to pay aftercare.

St. Christopher School 3

Posted June 05, 2013
This school school has made some improvements and faltered in some areas. It's good they have an art class but the math program is very weak, esp in the early middle school grades. Plan on teaching your own child math and these are critical foundation years for high school! Don't bother addressing the issue, it doesn't exsist in the admin's mind. It does believe me.

Posted September 08, 2011
My wife was educated though St. Christopher (gradated Dominican/UNO) and my two daughters have been going there since pre-k with our oldest now in 5th. Not only do I feel our children receive an excellent curriculum, but the values they learn will lead them to be caring and productive adults. Unlike many schools that are used as day care by parents, there is a large amount of homework sent during the school week. The parents here are involved an many aspects of there kids education, (as it should be in these early years). I come from a local public school and understand the importance of our role as parents.Here they are gradually taught independence and preparation for there high school years. The teacher show true concern with the progress of my kids and the principal's direction for the student body is to see them have what it takes to succeed in the working work as leader and innovators. This school does not require a catholic upbringing, but does require respect for its morals and teaching that come with it. For those who think there children should learn everything their is to know within 5 hours per subject a week without there help; this is not your school.

Posted August 29, 2011
My child has ADD/ADHD and has a very hard time in school. He started there in 5th grade and now is in 7th. This school has been nothing other than outstanding when it came to helping him with lesson, giving him more time to take his test, and even getting other class mates to help him get his homework assignments. In both his 5th and 6th grade year my wife and I had quite a few meetings with all his teachers and school counselors before school and every teacher he had attended and were very helpful in the insight to what he needed. I love this school and so do my children.

St. Christopher School
3900 Derbigny Street, Metairie, LA  70001
Last modified St. Christopher School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8