Metairie, LA

Posted September 16, 2013
My daughter began attending PK-4 this year. The past two years of daycare she cried everyday when being dropped off. I was very concerned about her adjusting to the new environment. To my surprise, she was running into school on the third day, sleeping with her backpack at night, and talking non-stop about her new teacher. Her vocabulary has already expanded, and she enjoys all that she is learning. The principal was my principle at Cabrini High School 97-2001 and was very hands on and approachable with all the students. This school has so much to offer and the staff is extremely nice and helpful. It's hard to find something wrong with it honestly. The negative reviews must be from bitter parents. This school is exceptional for an elementary school. Two thumbs up!

Posted October 09, 2011
I have a child at St Catherine and I couldn't be happier with the educational standards. My child is in 1st grade and is way more advanced than many of my friends children that go to other schools. She is reading at a 2nd grade level and in fact, they are encouraged to read books at a level above their grade. I've also never seen a school so accommodating to parents, you can come eat lunch with your child if you like, parents are encouraged to come do art projects, etc. You will never be turned away if you show up and want to talk to someone. The principal is first class, she is approachable and loves the children. The have a great art, music, computer, foreign languages, and PE program. Tuition is on par with other schools, but SCS seems to be able to offer more. This is mostly in part to the huge Co-op (Parent's club) involvement, they are dedicated to the school and have several fundraisers that allow the school to offer more. When the new principal took over, several people were really upset and that's why they were posting bad things about this school. The truth is, SCS was failing with the last administration and the changes over the last 6 years have been great!

Posted March 28, 2011
Have never been happier since I pulled my kids from this school. This school has failed to maintain itsexcellent high academic standards since the arrival of new administration.

Posted December 06, 2010
I have 1 child left at St. Catherine. Two of my boys and one daughter have graduated and gone on to Jesuit and Mt. Carmel. All three children we re very well prepared for high school both academically and socially. My twins graduated from high school last year and both received full scholarships to college. One is at Tulane the other at Brown. I think the basis for their education started with the attention that was given to them at St. Catherine. Yes, I think things have changed some since my older ones were at St. Catherine. I think if we had a new principal we could get our momentum going again.

Posted November 02, 2010
My family is very happy at St Catherine of Sienna. We have two children there now. The environment that is offered at St Catherine is like no other school. They offer the best academics that challenge the children, but offer several classes that nurture the creativeness in children. The teachers are wonderful dedicated men and women that have a strong faith in God and a 100% commitment to the children they teach. Our recent test scores were off the charts. Everyone should be so lucky to be able to send their child to St Catherine.

Posted May 14, 2010
I agree. They are more interested in your checkbook than your child. Children do not seem excited about learning. I have experienced other schools that are far more child oriented. Perhaps the school is just too big.

Posted April 22, 2010
Staff is very rude and makes you feel uncomfortable asking any questions. Kids seem unhappy. Only thing you get communication on is when they are looking for money. How much is enough? Just add it to the tuition and be done with it! Awful waste of money. Can't wait for this year to be over, our kid won't be back!

St. Catherine Of Siena School 0

Posted November 05, 2009
Horrible school with horrible office staff. Rude people.

St. Catherine Of Siena School 0

Posted April 14, 2009
A great school with great students and a determined faculty. The reviewer of April 29, 2008 must be experiencing some other school or has some sort of axe to grind. I have a child in the early childhood program, and have plenty of friends who do, and have had no such problem.

Posted April 03, 2009

St. Catherine Of Siena School
400 Codifer Boulevard, Metairie, LA  70005
Last modified St. Catherine Of Siena School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
St. Catherine Of Siena School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top