Metairie, LA

Posted September 10, 2014
St. Benilde School is great! I had visited several Catholic schools in Metairie and this was my choice to send my two kids. The school is small but I can see how my children was exposed to many activities and challenges. My kids absolutely love the teachers and school. They wish the school had highschool so they don't have to graduate after 7th grade.

Posted June 20, 2013
St. Benilde School is a wonderful school for children 6 weeks through 7th grade. One of St. Benilde's teachers, Mrs. Karen Virga, was just was just named one of 6 Distinguished Educators by Cabrini High School. The teachers are caring and concerned for the educational, spiritual, physical, and social well being of the students. The principal, Matt Downy, is a new addition to St. Benilde. He is a wonderful asset to the school, showing true leadership and great example. The parents and school workers are very involved, many of the workers are also parents. The school is a small size and nonetheless, the school and parish host an annual festival that is every bit as entertaining and large as schools twice its size. The parents and those involved in the get an "A". If you would like to send your kids to a school that they will want to send their kids to, if you want to send you kids to a school without clicks, if you want to send your kids to a school that children of all ages play together, then St. Benilde is the school for your children!

Posted February 26, 2013
Some posts were removed from this site that would indicate this is not a good school at all. Academically, okay, but too much bullying has gone on at the school in the form of exclusion, isolation, etc. of those children who do not attend the school from kindergarten.

Posted February 11, 2013
As a former student, I loved the school. Being one of the smarter kids in my grade, me and two others had "advanced elective" time (usually during french) so we didn't feel too underchallenged. We got cool privelages too like giving school presentations and competitions. All the teachers were great and would go to great lengths to make us feel welcome. The priest and principal were awesome. The school had a great building, blacktop, feild, and atmosphere. I had so much fun and got involved with the traditions and clubs. At mardi gras we made floats and attached them to wagons that our prayer partners pulled. We threw beads and other toys. I knew almost everyone in my grade and there were no real "cliques". I got a great education, good times, and good memories.

Posted December 01, 2012
I have had bad experiences with this school. I am glad to be gone. My children are in a much better place now.

Posted September 29, 2012
What a great school! I had 2 students graduate from here and two more children who still attend. St. Benilde is truly like a second home for my children. No matter what their educational needs have been (honor student, average student, special needs student) we have been soooo pleased with how the faculty and staff have addressed each child individually. Even though we recently aquired a new principal I have yet to be disappointed in the level of education we are receiving for are hard earned money. If anything it just keeps getting better! The small family environment is my favorite aspect of this very Catholic school. It also impresses me how many teachers, as well as the principal, have their own children enrolled at this school.

Posted August 21, 2012
This school has been a blessing for our family! Two sons there, and they've always felt loved, protected, and encouraged to flourish. Can't say enough good things about S.B.S.

Posted August 14, 2012
I give St. Benilde Five Stars! It is an excellent school. My child has been there for five years. The teachers really know my child and hold him accountable. I think the principal was great. She always listened to my concerns and solved any problem quickly. I will miss her leadership! I hope the new guy can fill her shoes. The only negative at SBS is the gossipy parents. We need to remember that we are at a Catholic school. Go Irish!

Posted August 07, 2012
ALL I CAN SAY MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD RECEIVES CREDITS FOR THE CLASS WORK, PARTICIPATION AND HOME WORK FOR THE SUBJECTS EVERY NINE WEEKS. CAUSE IT'S TOTALLY CHAOS GETTING THE SCHOOL TO EVEN LOOK AT THE DOCUMENTS YOU HAVE PROVING THAT THE ERRORS OCCURS. I PRINTED OUT ALL THE SUBJECTS IN DETAIL SHOWING WHAT WAS CREDIT AND NOT FOR READING, MATH, ENGLISH, SPELLING AND RELIGION. JUST STAY ON TOP OF IT! ALSO EDLINE IS THE GRADE BOOK AS WELL!

Posted July 20, 2012
I love St. Benilde! I can't say enough about the excellent pre-k program. The teachers have been wonderful and supportive. Father Pat is very involved with the school and I often see him on campus visiting the students. My oldest child has ADHD and has been well accommodated by the teachers and as a result, has done extremely well so far. The curriculum is appropriate for the grade level, yet challenging enough to stimulate academic growth. I'm excited about the new principal and what is is going to be able to add to our school.

St. Benilde School