No rating

St. Ann School

Private | PK-7

Living in Metairie

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $196,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,000.

Posted September 7, 2014

The teachers at St. Ann are great but it is way pay due for a leadership change. The principal does not seem to have the best interest of the children in mind. Class sizes have steadily increased over the past years - classes are too large now. The anti-bullying stance at St. Ann is severely lacking. Reports of bullying are not handled seriously. If it wasn't for the dedication of the teachers at St. Ann my child would not be at St. Ann.

Posted December 30, 2013

My child has been at St. Ann for the past 6 years. He has been labeled due to his learning disability. The principal is only concerned with making excellent standardized test scores. The pressure is unbelievable. My child has no confidence at all. They do not give a chance to learn with already labeling him. St. Ann is a disgrace for a school. EVERY CHILD is unique, they are not robots.

Posted August 13, 2013

St. Ann Elementary School is very child focused. The staff is extremely professional. I appreciate the excellent education and spiritual guidance given to my child.

Posted March 5, 2012

My child started PK at St. Ann and is still there. I have nothing but great things to say about the school and administration. There are very few Catholic schools that have smart boards in every class and a Cirriculum Coordinator. I toured all possible schools in my area before sending my child here and do not regret it. My child is academically advanced compared to other kids her ages that go to other Catholic schools. No school is every perfect and I would hope that people that post reviews give a more a "bigger picture" review. I have friends that send their kids to extremely expensive private schools and parents are still unhappy with one thing or another.

Posted January 9, 2012

This is an amazing school with an excellent balance of education with spiritual learning! The office staff is beyond friendly and helpful, as well as the counselors. I love that the teachers always make themselves available to speak with you when they are not teaching. I can not say much about the standardized scoring as we have not done any tests there as of yet. The school is always clean. I believe that St. Ann is absolutely worth the money. I know my son is safe and happy!

Posted September 27, 2011

My 3 chidren attend St. Ann and are receiving a strong academic foundation as well as excellent spiritual guidance. Teachers care about them and go the extra mile to make sure they are succeeding. My children score well on the standarized tests which is due to prep they receive in the classrooms. Through the school we have become associated with many quality families. Glad we are part of St. Ann School.

Posted October 25, 2010

Big mistake sending my children to this school. Yes, there is time for prayer and worship in school, but academically, my children are not learning as much compared to my nieces in another school.

Posted October 17, 2010

As an involved grandparent and an educator, I have observed a strong Catholic spirit at SAS. The students are given age-appropriate opportunities for prayer, worship, and service. There is a dedicated faculty and administration that closely monitor the students' progress. Individual students' needs are met each afternoon in voluntary tutoring sessions. Technology use is integrated across the curriculum. Also parents are kept informed regarding the school calendar, events, homework, and student grades via an online educational web service.

Posted October 11, 2010

My granddaughter goes there, and it has a fantastic teaching program

Posted November 4, 2009

The teachers are too strict. To many kids in a classroom. I can't believe I wasted my money here. I am going to send my kids to public school.

Posted November 13, 2006

My daughter is enrolled at the Early Childhood 3 program at St. Ann. Before St. Ann she attended day care, which was nice but pretty much just day care, no real teaching. From the first day she started at St. Ann I noticed her speech improved dramatically, and while at first I thought they were a bit strict on her, she fit in perfect after the first week. She has become a LOT more disciplined and learns SO much on a day to day basis. I would recommend this school to anyone. She is only in their Pre-K program and doing great! I am beyond pleased. :)

Posted September 9, 2003

My three children attended St Ann for all of elementary school. I have nothing but positive feedback about this school. It is academically one of the strongest schools in Metairie, while maintaining a positive attitude about the social development of the child. The principal is outstanding, and so is her choices of teachers. I would give St. Ann a perfect score! My family and I thank you all for the wonderful job you did in preparing our 3 children for the challenges of high school, college and life!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Susan R. Kropog
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Fax number
  • (504) 455-9572

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New Orleans

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4921 Meadowdale Street