PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not tolerated at St. Ann.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My kids come home and tell me about the cool way they are learning in the classroom. The teachers go above and beyond to make learning fun.

My children are learning, growing and thriving. St. Ann is preparing my children for high school, the future and for life!

Develops character: Disagree

Staff's children receive preferential treatment so it's difficult to explain to the children why the rules aren't the same for every one. That's hardly fair, honest or showing integrity.

The classes are absolutely enormous in size. 27 children are too many to be placed in one room and there is little to no opportunities for individualized learning to occur. Continual fundraisers/donation requests/endowment fund requests are exhausting and I am tired of constantly being asked to give more to a school that is showing me so little in return.

We are so happy with our choice to send our children to St. Ann. Teachers create a warm and caring atmosphere for the children.

All three of my children have gone there. My oldest started in pre-k 3, and we have never had any issues with him, but he has always been a good and easy kid. My second child, also started in pre-k 3 just making the cutoff by two days. We did have to meet with the counselor, teacher and disciplinarian because of her behavior. Three year old strong willed girl who happens to be the youngest in her grade. It was politely suggested to us to have her evaluated and be seen by a counselor outside of school. Neither of which we did, and she turned out to be a wonderful student has been well liked by all of her teachers since. She is now a 3rd grader. My third child in pre-k 3 happens to be strong willed as well, on top of being a boy, and just like my girl, barely made the age cutoff. We have also had to meet with the counselor and disciplinarian and been called a couple of times to pick him up from school. Today we were handed his belongings and basically told he needs to be "evaluated" before he can return. The principle even handed us a paper on who we should contact for the evaluation process. We were completely crushed, as we do not understand why his behavior is so different at school than at home. We agreed that maybe he needed to go back to pre-k 2 for another year to muture, but were told there is no room for him. If I could, I would pull all three of my kids out at this time. The school is great if you have a perfect child, and if you do not have to deal with the abrupt and rude principle, assistant principle and counselor. All the same staff that has been there. It is a shame, but I feel that if we were more involved in school activities and contributed more financially, circumstances would be different.

Class sizes have steadily increased over the years and now there are just too many children per room. Little to no individualized attention. There are constantly hands out asking for donations (monetary or otherwise), with little to no seen improvements. Definite issues with cliques and bullying by children, staff and employees. All of which are swept under the rug unless you are an employee or a friend of those "in the inner circle". Staff doesn't appear to be happy to interact with parents or students. No one smiles during dismissal and barely acknowledges the presence of my child when I am dropping off or picking him up. This school has fallen into a slump and they need to refocus and re-prioritize before they lose even more students.

I am extremely disappointed with St.Ann School.My child has been there for five years and I am shocked to see what really goes on.Certain staff members verbal abuse of children,when parents and children complain it falls on deaf ears,dirty environment,lack of toiletries for children,bullying by students and staff are not addressed properly and incidents are swept under the rug. Some of the teachers are really great and deserve all the credit possible for their hard work.A change of leadership is definitely due.

Academically strong school. Very structured. After school tutoring is available if needed. I know my children are receiving an excellent education.

Last modified St. Ann School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7