St. Angela Merici School

Private | PK-7

Living in Metairie

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $214,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $980.

Sweep tile

Posted January 23, 2013

I have two children at St. Angela and have been very pleased with our experience. There is a great sense of community and the administration know each child by name. I feel they are being well prepared for high school academically and are also given the opportunity to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities.

Posted January 18, 2013

My kids have been going to St Angela for the past 7 years and my wife and I have been extremely satisfied with their experience there. I have huge respect for the principal and have been quite satisfied with the teaching staff. I would definitely recommend St Angela to anyone looking for a school environment where their child/children can thrive and reach their maximum potential. The families that are a part of St Angela are extremely friendly and involved with making the school the best that it can be.

Posted January 18, 2013

My child has been attending St. Angela Merici for five years. I confidently state that this school is providing my child with a sound foundation that will not just carry over to high school, but ultimately in life. The teachers have been at an exceptional level year after year. My child has been consistently challenged academically and spiritually. I feel this is a direct reflection of the strength in leadership of the principal and adminstrative staff. The extra curricular activities encouraged at St. Angela Merici is another sound factor in providing such a solid foundation for the students. This school truly has something for everyone! I am confident that St. Angela Merici School's principal, administration, and faculty are very well capable in educating "the entire child".

Posted January 18, 2013

I participated in a number of private tours and open houses before deciding to send my child to St. Angela Merici. A lot of what I heard at these tours intrigued me. A lot of what I SAW at St. Angela Merici impressed me! I met the administration; I met the faculty; I saw the classroom environment; I was shown the curriculum; I was shown the various extra curriculars. A few years later, I strongly feel that the right decision was made in sending my child to St. Angela Merici. There is a solid group of teachers established in all grade levels. I believe it says a lot when a school maintains their staff. St. Angela Merici is also academically sound by being SACS accredited. The administration has always allowed an aura of pride for the parents by the way they conduct themselves professionally. The various extra curricular activities from sports to the chess club allows all students the opportunity to participate. I highly recommend all parents to strongly consider St. Angela Merici School.

Posted January 18, 2013

My oldest started high school this year is extremely prepared. St. Angela did a marvelous job preparing her. My other two children are still at St. Angela and I am certain they will be just as prepared.

Posted January 17, 2013

St. Angela Merici is a wonderful school. It is SACS accredited, and offers a Catholic education along with outstanding academics. My children are happy, love to go to school, and are receving an excellent education. The staff and faculty are friendly and open to new ideas, and the occasional criticism. Parental involvement is great, and there are many opportuniites to participate in school activities. Extra curriculars are available for any student, from chess and robotics clubs, to sports programs for both boys and girls that win championships year after year.

Posted January 17, 2013

Couldn't think of a better school for our boys. They love it and are really doing well. Great atmosphere and great families!

Posted January 17, 2013

I have a first and a fourth grader at St. Angela and I couldn't be happier. My children are happy and want to go to school every day. They are excelling academically and have a broad range of enriching activities outside the classroom. The teachers are wqrm and caring and try hard to help every child do his or her best. The administration is helpful and cooperative. There are many opportunities for parents to be involved in their children's activities and to take active roles in school volunteer positions. This is a great school.

Posted January 15, 2013

I am a graduate of St. Angela. My children have graduated from St. Angela. I have been very pleased with the foundation both myself and my children have received from St. Angela. What impresses me the most is the high percentage of alumni returning to St. Angela, trusting the school to give the same foundation they received to their own children. It's amazing that there is such a family atmosphere and devotion of faculty/staff to nurture their students. This is especially evident when we see the history of success the students have as they move onto high school, college and beyond. St. Angela has been and continues to excel in advanced technology and focuses on high levels of academic achievement in an environment centered on our Catholic faith. It's primary goal is to educate the whole child to prepare them for advancement into our challenging world of today.

Posted September 21, 2011

I attended St. Angela Merici from 3rd grade until 8th, and now have 2 children at the school. I am extremely pleased with the education my children are receiving. I especially love the extra curriculum based activities that occur from year to year. For example, in 2nd grade they study the solar system, and then attend a one night "Space Camp", which provides hands-on cross curricula activities. In 3rd grade they participate in a huge Louisiana history unit. There is a "Taste Of Louisiana" day, in which many local foods are sampled, and Bruce Daigrepoint performs for the children. Additionally there is a comprehensive field trip to the French Quarter where the children get up close & personal with what they have learned. The teachers are more than interested in their students' whole being, and are very open to dialogue with parents.

Posted July 11, 2011

St. Angela Merici School is a great Catholic Christian school. I have had three kids attend this school. Two have graduated to high school (one with an academic scholarship) and both are doing well with their grades. This is a small school, so it is very family oriented. The principal is a very good leader and works well with the teachers, parents and students. I am not sure what the two reviews below are talking about but I will pray for them. I recommend going to an open house in January or calling the school and requesting a personal tour with the principal at any time. I truly believe you will be impressed. You can learn a lot more about the school by going to the website: www.stangelaschool.org

Posted October 3, 2010

It has been quite sometime since my kids went to this school but I can't tell you how many countless times I had a problem with the administration. They had no real focus or direction. And not one of them was ever truly held accountable for their gross misconduct. I know people that have sent their children to this school since my children graduated and they too have had extremely displeasing experiences. Save yourself a lot of wasted time & money. Don't put your children with these incompetents.

Posted September 18, 2009

Would not recommend this school to anyone. If you have problems w/a teacher & go to the administration, they laugh at you. Spent one year there. One year too many.

Asian 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New Orleans

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

835 Melody Dr