Posted May 16, 2012
Our Lady of Divine Providence is the BEST kept secret in town. I visited many Catholic schools all over Metairie and Harahan for 6 months to decide where to place my two children. I chose O.L.D.P because of it's EXCELLENT academics, teaching staff , after school activities and sports. And in my opinion as long as the school keeps on track with following Catholic teaching, prayer and good morals, it will continue to do well. This school gets an "A" from me.

Posted May 14, 2012
I have four children at OLDP and could not be happier. The staff is nurturing, intelligent, and supportive of all issues. The office staff knows every child by name and most of the parents. Which is a wonderful perk of being at a small school. My children have scored high on the Terra Nova standardized tests and are extremely happy to be at OLDP. They often tell me that they never want to leave. The teachers are open to discussing any concerns and the communication is amazing. I can't imagine having my children at any other school. I highly recommend this school to anyone from the extremely intelligent child to the children that need a little more attention. One of my children needed extra help in Math and entered the Catapult program. Now they are thriving and so confident. You are not just a number at OLDP, every child there is important. I just can't say enough about what a wonderful school it is!!!!

Our Lady Of Divine Providence School 4

Posted May 07, 2012
I have a child registered at OLDP in 2nd grade and has been there since PK-3. My child has enjoyed every teacher and has made great friends along the way. I would recommend this school to any parent. A special thanks goes to all the hardworking teaching staff and wonderful parents who volunteer to make OLDP a great learning enviroment! And last but not least... the kids enjoy the fair most of all and it wouldn't be possible without the help of our generous volunteers!

Posted May 07, 2012
My children thrive here! Its not only a wonderful education but I cannot brag enough about the loving atmosphere that is provided.

Posted April 06, 2012
If someone were to tell me that 90% of the students at this school were on ADD medication I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Having moved to the neighborhood last summer my kids spent the year here at OLDP. Their behavior has been a real issue, though we've never had any problems at our old school. I went to every parent/teacher meeting with the intentions of addressing this, and the teacher just blew it off. Acted as if their behavior is normal behavior for a child. Than why are my kids consistently coming home with really bad behavior reports? After speaking with a few parents, I learned that their kids are on ADD medication and they still come home with bad behavior reports. The faculty and staff are not caring or welcoming as a previous reviewer explains them to be.. Just watching them in the car line as I waited to pick my kids up at the end of the day leads me to describe them as just the opposit. Maybe the other parents who wrote reviews here haven't had any other schools to compare OLDP to because it's is nothing like our old school. This his has been such a stressful year for us.

Posted August 08, 2011
I have two kids enrolled at OLDP. I can't say enough about it. I'm very happy with the education and fellowship that the school provides and my kids love the teachers and students. It provides all of the stepping stones needed for children to excel in the world today. The sense of community I feel at this school also needs to be mentioned. Everyone knows me and my children, and we don't participate in a lot of the social events, that's just how it is. Though, the school offers plenty of fun opportunities for parents and famlies to socialize. Another parents described the principal as down to earth, and she is, but I would say that everything about this school is down to earth. I am so happy to have my kids grow up in this enviornment.

Posted January 13, 2010

Our Lady Of Divine Providence School 1

Posted December 03, 2009

Posted January 08, 2009
I have 2 children currently enrolled at OLDP and I couldn t be happier. I think that you will not find a school anywhere else that has the family atmosphere that OLDP has. The faculty and staff are very caring and welcoming. There has not been one time in the past 3 years that we have been there that I have felt unwelcome. The Parent s Club has a number of social events that brings the parents together. There are a number of opportunities parents to get involved and the children to get together fostering the family atmosphere OLDP pushes so much. The student/teacher ratio is something I like so much because my children are people and not numbers and they don t get lost in the crowd. The principal is so down to earth with the children and always there for you as a parent. I couldn t be happier that my children and I have found a home at OLDP. The children have their mission that they say every morning and I think it is very true OLDP, Our Christian Family, We Pray, We Work, We Grow To Be The Best That We Can Be!

Posted September 16, 2008

Our Lady Of Divine Providence School
917 North Atlanta Street, Metairie, LA  70003
Last modified Our Lady Of Divine Providence School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Divine Providence School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top