Posted October 09, 2012
My son was enrolled in PreK-4 at OLF during the 2011-2012 school year and we both loved it! They always planned exciting events and stressed active parental involvement. Unfortunately, my son was diagnosed with Asperger's Disorder and delayed speech, and therefore, he needed special education services. Because OLF is a small privately-funded school, they do not have the financial resources to handle special needs students and the teachers can't give extra attention to those with learning disabilities because many of them don't have assistants/teacher's aids. For those reasons, I had to pull him from this small, intimate environment and place him in a public school (which, as it turns out, is also a great institution). Aside from that, I think OLF is a fantastic start for a child's development and academic career. Not only does it engage and stimulate a youngster's active imagination, it also gives him a strong spiritual foundation upon which he can base his beliefs and choices for the future.

Posted April 16, 2012
OLF is a wonderful, racially-diverse school which not only teaches Christian principles but also teaches love and acceptance of others, as well as develops self-esteem and creativity. My daughter attended OLF and my husband and I were very pleased.

Posted May 12, 2011
It seems the first review about bullying is regarding a different Our Lady of Fatima School, not the one in Monroe, Louisiana. None of the other schools the writer compares it to are in the Monroe area.

Our Lady Of Fatima School 2

Posted July 19, 2010
The others who posted here are correct. There is a major bullying problem at Fatima. Even worse, when I pulled my children out to attend Westminster Christian Academy (after 8+ years and 3 children attending Fatima), I realized how behind they were academically. My children had to take entrance exams for WCA, and were so behind that they had to take summer school. At 4th grade at WCA, the students had been working on fractions. My daughter at Fatima had never even HEARD of fractions. This is only one example of many! Please, Please, do not send your children here. The students are mean, teachers lazy and complacent, and academics behind other schools such as WCA, ESA, and Cathedral Carmel (great school!!)

Our Lady Of Fatima School 4

Posted January 20, 2007
OLF is a great school. I have been here at Fatima for 9 years now and loving it. I love how all the teachers helped and encouraged me to do better. Fatima is challenging, but are really helpful and make learning fun. They deffinetly know how to prepare you for the future!

Our Lady Of Fatima School 3

Posted August 08, 2006
My child attended OLF for two years and was diagnosed with a learning disability during his time there but I got very little cooperation from the school as far as meeting his IEP. I feel that I did not have the support of the principal or teacher. Because of this, we have enrolled our child in another Christian school which is very supportive and promotes self-esteem in their students. I did appreciate the small student body and I feel that the religious education our child received at OLF was wonderful.

Our Lady Of Fatima School
3202 Franklin Street, Monroe, LA  71201
Last modified Our Lady Of Fatima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Our Lady Of Fatima School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top