Lakeshore School 1

Posted April 21, 2014
If I had it to do over again, I would homeschool my child before sending him to Lakeshore. It was a terrible experience. We didn't even realize how bad it was until we moved to another district. At his current school my child is thriving. He is organized. He is a productive member of his class. He no longer roams the halls or his classroom. His social skills are right on target. At Lakeshore he was just being babysat and passed along. I hope Lakeshore will make major changes and improve for the sake of their children and their future.

Posted August 02, 2011
I went to Lakeshore for first grade through fifth grade and my favorite teachers are from my time there. I am now a freshman in high school and live in Tenn., but I remember fondly all my time there

Posted December 04, 2010
I have two children at this school and they love it. This is a great school. The staff is outstanding and the PTO does a wonderful job. Lakeshore is like one big family.

Lakeshore School 1

Posted February 11, 2010
I do not recommend this school if you think your child is going to be struggling in a subject. I have one and was told since she is not failing she doesn't qualify for help, nor did she get any. I would suggest moving 2 miles down the road and enroll them in Swartz Elementary. Much nicer school and programs

Posted July 28, 2009
We are originally from PA and moved to the LA area in October.I have three boys that attend this school and they love it.When we first moved here they were going to a different school and cried every morning that they did not want to go to school. When we transferred to lake shore it was the best move we could have done.The teachers are really receptive and care about the kids we were welcomed with open arms and everyone is so nice and friendly.I could not imagine my kids going to another school...and I no longer have to drag my kids kicking and screaming.

Posted October 15, 2008

Lakeshore School 0

Posted November 13, 2007
School is nicely located in Chicago north, teachers are friendly. Place itself is cramped, kids often do not get much space to play. My son became sick after initial 2 day and was sick for some time. It is a risky decision, to say the least and with your kids I will not suggest to take risks.

Posted May 20, 2006
My daughter was in Mrs. Strickland's Kindergarten class this year. This was Mrs. Strickland's first year at Lakeshore. She came from River Oaks. Her teaching skills were top notch. She provides a great combination of love/discipline/teaching that is unsurpassed. We had lots of outside activities as well. The kids performed plays, had parties, & she kept in close communication with the parents which is very important to me. Everytime you walk in the school you will see Mr. Crain, the Principal. The office staff are friendly & efficient & are always there to help. The PTO was top notch! I look forward to the next 6 years at this school.

Lakeshore School 0

Posted September 30, 2005
My daughter is in the PreK program this year. She loves it! The teachers are wonderful. My daughter loves to go to 'Big Girl School', as she calls it. I think Lakeshore has done nothing but improve over the past 2 years. I hope they continue to grow. - Jenifer Lee

Posted September 29, 2005
I love Lakeshore and think that it is a wonderful school! I am and has always been very overprotective of my child however, at Lakeshore I have been able to relax because I know my child is in good hands! I know i've made the right decision by buying a home in Lakeshore school district.

Lakeshore School
550 Balboa Drive, Monroe, LA  71203
Last modified Lakeshore School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeshore School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top