Monroe, LA

Posted December 11, 2014
Do not send your children to this school if at all possible! Politically influenced by money and who the principal and teachers know. This school has a reputation and a legacy history for only caring about the parents income. Look at the school website! Email a random teacher and see if they respond (ha)! Technology challenged is an understatement (because scanning and attaching a homework worksheet is so hard). These are the people teaching our children. The new principal is worse than the last one, continuous nasty notes sent home every week harassing the parents about being one minute late. The administrative staff is a joke and it will take 15 minutes to check in your child if you are late due to traffic or any other unforeseen issue. Monroe City School Board needs to send in a David Claxton type to clean this school up. Lexington's principal will never be as good as David Claxton. Be thankful when your child moves on to Sallie Humble! David Claxton obviously reminded the Lexington teachers who transitioned to his school that they will love and care about their students - bottom line! SINGLE MOTHER'S BEWARE these teacher's despise and judge you...no matter what you do.

Posted August 29, 2012
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. The only reason I gave it 1 star is because I had to. What a terrible, horrible awful school. I can't even begin to go over everything negative about this school, there's not enough room. An absolutely corrupted place. DON'T SEND YOU CHILDREN TO THIS HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!

Lexington Elementary School 2

Posted April 18, 2011
I don't approve of the way Lexington performs registration for it's PreK students. They ask the parents to provide information in order to register their children and when it is provided they ask for more. They want you to provide proof of residency which I did but they didn't allow me to register my daughter. My name was listed on the lease for an apartment which I share with others and that wasn't good enough. I will either home school my child or find somewhere else to send my child to pre K.

Posted December 16, 2010
My stepson loves this school and scofres extremely well on his standardized tests. He has Asperger's Syndrome, but is an honor student. There are some problems, as with any school, but i recommend it highly.

Posted October 18, 2010
My daughter went from Lexington Elementary to a private school in 4th grade. I am very very disappointed in how far behind Lexington was over the new school. If I had any idea they were so far behind, I would have taken action sooner. My daughter slowly caught on, but it was a real struggle for her. She was a so-called "Honor Student" at Lexington. I guess this goes to show it may look good compared to only itself, but it doesn't hold a flame against a private school. What a shame.

Posted October 12, 2010
If you have any caring for your child's education, you seriously may want to consider another school. This one is not about education. Poor form. Bad school.

Posted October 10, 2008

Lexington Elementary School 0

Posted June 30, 2008
I have a son that is in 3rd grade and he came from a well respected private school . I was so impressed that this school was teaching at the same level and higher in some instances.

Posted February 13, 2008

Posted July 24, 2007
Lexington is a great school I have 2 boys there and they are on honor roll every year because of the great staff. Best public school in the city.

Lexington Elementary School
1905 Spencer Avenue, Monroe, LA  71201
Last modified Lexington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6
Lexington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top