Monroe, LA

Posted August 26, 2014
This school is awesome! This school actually have teachers that TEACH!!! My daughter has been attending this school since Pre-K and the only reason I will drop her is if we move out of state. Other then that she will not attend any other school in the city. Not saying there are not other great schools here, we just love CPU for our child.

Posted April 28, 2014
So far I have had one child to graduate from CPU, I will have another one come out of CPU next school year. I have one more yet to start school and i want more then anything for him to attend CPU just as his sister and brother has from pre k until 6 the grade. I love everything about this school, and the staff that have spent time and energy with the kids.

Cypress Point Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2009

Posted August 11, 2008
I give this school five stars without any hesitation. We specifically moved to the neighborhood we are living in now so that my child could attend CPU. He has been in this school since Pre-K, and so far all of his teachers have been wonderful. They have all been understanding and have gone over and beyond what is necessary to keep him challenged in the classroom. The principal is just as caring and concerned about his needs being met in the classroom. She also goes out of her way to make sure that all of her teachers have access to the latest available technolgy so that the students can be kept actively engaged and be prepared for the real world. If you want your child to have a good foundation for middle school, high school, and beyond, send them to Cypress Point.

Cypress Point Elementary School 4

Posted November 27, 2007
well i must comment again cpu is the very best mrs. cook has really has progressed and i commend her for that so keep excelling because one day all the hard work will definately pay off

Posted November 08, 2007
Excellent Principal & staff. I moved my children from a private school to Cypress Point. I love the entire staff & they are a wonderful team.

Posted April 01, 2005
This is a wonderful school! The principal of this school has excellent leadership qualities. She has done an outstanding job in only her second year as principal. She enforces the rules in a fair and just manner. The students are excited about the many new technology programs that have been implemented at the school to help improve reading and math skills. Thanks to the leadership of Mrs. Ann Cook, Cypress Point is on its way to becoming one of the top ranked schools in north Louisiana.

Posted March 31, 2005
I can't say that this school is a horrible school! My experience is that the school is an efficiently run school with a caring staff and a Principal who is very concerned with the welfare of each and every child. Individual needs are met for every child and no one is given special consideration just because of who they think they are. The lack of parental participation is the only concern that I have.

Posted March 31, 2005
I am commenting on the previous review. CPU is a FINE school with a dedicated principal. The comments made about negativity throughout the school is simply false. My child has been at this school for 6 years and has never had problems. I feel that the parents should be more involved and certainly more sensitive to the every day battles that each staff member (principal on down to cafeteria worker) has to endure. Not only included in this statement is disrespectful students AND parents but federal guidelines as well which is constant bookwork. If this particular parent truly feels this way, I invite them to volunteer at the school during the day to alleviate some of the stress that occurs. Or AT LEAST attend a PTO meeting. Lets be a little more 'put yourself in the other's shoes.' It makes for more understanding on both sides.

Cypress Point Elementary School 1

Posted November 02, 2004
This school is horrible. The principal is rude and just all out mean to her staff members. Some of the teachers are so careing while others are there just for the pay check. I have never in my life seen such a horribly run school. Teachers are overheard speaking negativly about students and their parents. This school is the last place any parent should send their child!

Cypress Point Elementary School
6701 Mosswood Drive, Monroe, LA  71203
Last modified Cypress Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cypress Point Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top