Mt. Hermon, LA

Posted March 15, 2012
Coming from a different school district I am impressed. I have three children two of which went to an elementary school in another district and struggled with reading. When I switched one of them to Mt. Hermon she began making improvements in reading and is now in 6th grade & on honor roll while my other child, that didn't make the switch, is still struggling. My third child started at Mt. Hermon in Pre-K and has been honor roll every year every nine weeks. This to me is proof that the elementary has educated and caring teachers who do their best to help each child succeed. In addition, the principal is awesome! She is very positive and encouraging to all students and faculty. I can't think of another elementary school I would rather send my children to.

Posted March 15, 2012
This is a wonderful school to be at. The elementary teachers are some of the best our parish has to offer. The family like atmosphere that you feel at this school provides a safe learning enviroment for our children. The principal is the best. She is always positive with an abundant amount of enery to keep this PreK-12 school moving in the right direction. I coulod not think of a better place that I would rather send my kids to. Once you are here you are part of a BIG family.

Posted March 14, 2012
I love this school! I have three kids going here and coming from a different school district I have to say I'm impress. No school is perfect and not every parent will be happy. The more you as a parent are involved the more understanding you will have. I love the small student to teacher class room. The teachers are not over loaded with kids so it is harder for your kid to fall behind. The PTO are very involved and present almost everyday at school. They do fun and rewarding things for the kids. Also funrasing to put money back into the school.

Posted March 13, 2012
I have two children at MHS, and I have to say I can't imagine a better school for my kids. The teachers are highly qualified, approachable and care about my kids. The new principal is FANTASTIC - very involved in all things MHS. The PTO is growing and active. I'm also impressed with the new focus on reading for enjoyment. High stakes testing is important, but is not the focus of the school day. It's very community-minded. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else.

Posted April 25, 2010
I am happy to send my child to Mt. Hermon School. My son is in the 2nd grade and loves the school. Sure our school is not perfect, but the students of all grade levels are learning and they are safe while they attend school. I wish that more parents would become involved in our school and they could see just what a great school we have!

Mt. Hermon School 1

Posted April 22, 2010
Hi, I am a mother of a child that goes to mt. hermon school. I have met her math teacher but comes to find out she does not teach good. Mt. hermon needs more teachers. Me I think that the kids that took the LEAP and, ILEAP should be rewarded with a party or a dance for doing their best.

Posted April 02, 2010
Hi Everyone, I am a current student at MHS and i am in the 10th grade. i just have to say i love MHS. And if you are a student who is willing to learn, you will learn. ANd yes, we do care about dress code and things to this matter; however i have to disagree that it is more important than learning to the faculty here. I think if any paretn is looking into putting there kid or kids here they should. IT is a excellent school. mhs softball player :)_

Posted March 15, 2010
I have three children that attend this god-awful excuse for a school. The teachers are uneducated and can barely speak proper english. Example: my youngest came home last week with a test that had the word banana marked as incorrectly spelled. Next to the mark the teacher writes 'bananna'. How can this woman teach my child english if she can't spell? Another incident with my oldest the teacher corrects the use of the word 'has' with the words 'gots'. Are they serious? Several incidents such as this have occurred since my kids have attended this facility. The teachers and staff are more concerned with what the students are wearing than actually teaching. One of my girls has been diagnosed with ADHD and is supposed to receive special services (pulled into a small group for test taking etc.) Since this service has been provide her grades have consistently dropped. More......

Posted July 24, 2009
I'm a student here at Mt. Hermon School . This is a great school to attend. I help out a lot at the school, and all of the teachers, principals, and staff are the best! If you are looking for a school to send your children to this would be an ideal school. The talk about the principal that needs to retire is extremely wrong! The principal at Mt. Hermon is the best you could ask for. She would help you with anything you need help with. Our principal is Ms. Stoudenmier and she is the BEST. Mt. Hermon has great test scores and goes over and beyond for their students. If you are a parent or student that would like to become a part of our school I would highly recommend it!

Posted October 21, 2008
This is a great school with only 1 problem, the principal, it is time for her to retire.

Mt. Hermon School
36119 Louisiana 38, Mt. Hermon, LA  70450
Last modified Mt. Hermon School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Hermon School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top