No rating

Midway Elementary School

Public | PK-2 | 734 students

Posted December 4, 2013

I agree this is the worst school in school history they will call cps on you everyday and every year to get your kids took from you they don't like men at all so kids in a single parent home is a plus to better work with the process of destroying families. I know a lady son fell down at the park and bumped his head they took him in a private room and made him say his parents did it after the child said he fell I've seen for my own eyes watched the teachers plan on how to create ways to give parents problems and get there kids out of the home. they are #1 for diagnosing kids with adhd are any mental illness and if you do not agree with there rules they will call cps on you and try to get your kids took this is the worst scholl out of all the worst schools in Louisiana stay away !!!

Posted November 11, 2010

Because they do their best for our children!

Posted November 11, 2010

I love Midway Elementary School! The teachers are superb! My children have all learned many good things there and excelling academically. -Best School!

Posted November 9, 2010

Midway has such a caring and loving environment for students. It's a place where children feel important. They not only learn academics but also chartacter.

Posted November 9, 2010

It is my heart. I am the former principal. Retired 5 years ago.

Posted November 2, 2010

The teachers are awesome!!!!!

Posted November 1, 2010

The teaching staff is wonderful, as well as those in the Principal's office.

Posted October 28, 2010

This is such a caring school and staff. Love the school environment.

Posted October 28, 2010

Love this school. Great program, wonderful teachers. 5 stars!

Posted October 28, 2010

Seems to be a great school! My niece nd nephew attend this school, and they are always learning something fun and new! Teachers a great, very awesome with the kids. I think this school deserves any and everything it desires!

Posted October 28, 2010

Awesome school! As a teacher and a past student of Midway, I feel faculty and staff are always working together to do whatever it takes to help our students achieve!

Posted October 26, 2010

The teachers and staff are wonderful!

Posted October 26, 2010

Because they are very helpful to the childrens that go their i see a progress in my childs education.

Posted October 25, 2010

This is an outstanding school, with teachers who go above and beyond to help each student. Both the individualized and group instruction are beyond satisfactory!

Posted October 25, 2010

Awesome teaching staff and administrators

Posted October 25, 2010

My child is Kaitlynn Farlouis and she is in Ms. Christy's Kindergarten class. Her teacher really is caring, supportive, and she takes time to help my child understand and learn.

Posted October 24, 2010

This is my son's 2nd year at Midway. He's in first grade and has one of the most excellent and dedicated teachers that I've ever seen. I was actually worried about the quality of teacher he would have this year b/c I felt like the teacher he had in kindergarten would be hard to top. I was absolutely worried for no reason. My son is 6 years old and has learned how to read so well in the short time that this school year has been in session. He's so proud when he comes home and is able to read a story to us. He absolutely LOVES his teacher and looks forward to seeing her every day. I love the fact that she pushes and challenges them a little more every day. I can actually see just how much he has learned so far in her class and am extremely proud.

Posted October 24, 2010

Great school...My son has had great teachers so far! Although no one will ever replace Mrs. Daphne in Seth's eyes! She was always looking out fot his best interest in learning & how to keep him learning! He likes Mrs. Mandy also, she seems to be a great teacher! My hats off to them!! Midway is always asking parents to be a part of their activities! And the office staff is great! This is a wonderful school!!!

Posted October 24, 2010

I love Midway because every minute of the day is spent meeting the individual needs of the students.

Posted October 24, 2010

The Teachers are great, and they really care!!!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 91%N/A67%

School start time
  • 8:15 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • Glenda O'Banion
Fax number
  • (985) 345-3107

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

P. O. Box 69