Posted October 16, 2013
My school is very exciting. We learn a lot of new things like the new " Common Core " to help us do wonderful on the big test... I have been at this school every since 1st grade and I am in 7th ... this school has really changed my life and improved my grades! Right now we have a council to help us with money saving which I really LOVE! .... So we try to figure out things that would help us save money to get new things done to our school and have fun things go on like have a step team come and tell us about drugs .... I'd really love it if you would help us out by letting us win this money! :) thanks!!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is my child's first year as a Mustang! I believe he couldn't be at a better school than Magnet! Great staff and a great education system!

Posted October 29, 2012
Natchitoches Magnet School teaches a child to be positive, respectful, independenty, dedicated and encouraging. Also, a child leans how to be responsible and safe. The child is challenged to learn more and more and the learning experience is fun. Parents are held responsible by signing the agenda daily and communicating with the school. Conduct grades reflect any agenda that is not signed. All are accountable.

Posted March 21, 2012
I believe that going to Magnet is a great experience for parents wanting their kids to get an education. I am a 6th grade student Mustang and know we have activities like cheer,which I do,basketball,football, 4-H, Quiz Bowl, and other activities to do. All grades 1-8 have hands-on things instead of just sitting in a classroom. We also provide an orchestra or art option starting in 5th grade. When getting into 6th grade or up you get other options, in 6th adding choir to an option list. Your kids has to have a 2.5 grade point average or more to be entered in Magnet to be a Mustang. Even with the low average to even be considered, the teachers definitely teach at a higher grade level for your child. To be a Mustang is a honor to take pride in!

Posted May 06, 2010
The school has helped to challenge my child's learning abilities. It has challenged him to do better and think more.

Posted September 30, 2009
Best teachers, great curriculum. My child is excited to go to school.

Posted September 30, 2009
Our school was established in 2005 under Superintendent Dr. Elwanda Murphy who is now retired. My daughter has been a student at the Magnet since it's opening. This is her last year at Magnet and her time spent here has been one of the most enjoyable, fun-filled, and exciting but most of all an excellent learning opportunity that will last for a lifetime. Our school is a great school with highly qualified teachers and the teachers are all certified. Our principal Mrs. Julie Wright works very diligently all hours of the day and night to ensure our children are prepared for the next level of education. Here at the Natchitoches Magnet School our students are excelling in all areas of academics, sports,and community involvement in which our students give his/her best each day. Our teachers are positive role models and interact with all the children at school. We love our school, faculty and staff but most of all our children. Keep up the good work team! I'm proud of our Natchitoches Magnet School! Go Mustangs!

Posted September 22, 2009
They expect excellence of our children and equip them with the tools to achieve excellence. Society expecting less is teaching our kids to sleep through life instead of shaping the future.

Posted September 22, 2009
The teachers work together so that each child can recognize what his/her potentials are. The teachers greet all the students by name; not just the ones in their class.

Posted September 22, 2009
I love Natchitoches Magnet because the teachers are all certified & hand picked by our qualified & professional principal. I also love it becuase my son loves it & learn something new everyday. He really love going to school & being ahead of most his peers that attend other schools in the sam parish. He loves exploring new ideas & he come home daily sharing what he's learned. I love the Magnet because it is not overcrowded & it does not limit my son to learning as some of the local schools in the parish. I'd like to say, 'Thanks' to the person that made Magnet school happen. Thanks for giving my son the opportunity of a lifetime.

Natchitoches Magnet School
3707 University Parkway, Natchitoches, LA  71457
Last modified Natchitoches Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 1-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Natchitoches Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top