Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 22, 2015
There is definitly favorites chosen...it's sad really. The end of the year the teacher give out an award for like an amazing student however it's basically the teachers favorite award

Dodson Street Elementary School 2

Posted July 22, 2015
Needs much improvement. Too much focus placed on dress code and not enough on encouraging the students

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 22, 2015
We are from Houma so we were used to schooling very very different. The amount of focus that was put on whether or not my child was wearing the correct socks over weighed the little girl that lifted my child's skirt up. Needless to say I went to the school and I was told "they're just kids but we'll talk to her". Her conduct was marked for wearing colored socks or shirts with too many buttons or even hair bows they deemed a distraction. There's no such thing as a student of the week or month or much of anything that celebrates accomplishments. There's no dress down days that you don't have to pay for. It's not the worst school but it's not the best or the most encouraging

Dodson Street Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2015
Under the new principal I find the school not safe for kids. Have had several incidents occur where proper action was not taken

Posted February 27, 2013
My name is Zachary i now go to Iberia Middle. My elementary school, Dodson, was A 5 STAR school to me. But since theres been 2 principles that has retired i really dont think there on the right path. The only thing i liked that nobody else liked on my last year over there was band. Mr. Ledger was a most strict band teacher but taught well. My main homeroom class was great! I loved my teachers whos name i will not say. But i loved Dodson. It is a very well recomended school to me.

Dodson Street Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2010
My son goes to this school and we have had nothing but problems with the teachers and staff. If you are in the area I would go with N. Lewis school over this school. We will be attending N. Lewis next year!

Posted August 25, 2009
My grandchildren are in this school for 4 yrs now and I rate it more than 5 stars. The principal and teachers are fantastic and doubt you will find any like them anywhere in the United States. A++++ Thank you!

Posted October 28, 2007
I have 2 kids going to Dodson one is in 1st grade and the other is in 5th grade. My 1st grader is smart and picks up quick. My 5th grader struggles. I have no problems with my 1st grader as a matter a fact I did not have trouble with either child until this year. I feel like when a child that attends Dodson St. he or she is expected to achieve above the goal of an average child. I feel some teachers don't want to take time with children who need special attention or should I say they don't want to go above and beyond to help that child that needs just a little more help than the next child. This is only my experience with my son who is happy to be going to Lee St. School now.

Posted April 11, 2005
I was a student at Dodson, I went there from Kindergarden to 6th grade (1995-2001). The People at Dodson was like one big family, including the kids and the teachers. I was in all of the many sports Dodson offered. Our teams were very talented with help from some of my favorite coaches. I'm in high school right now,and middle school or high school hasn't come close to how I felt about Dodson. Dodson is one of the best schools ever.

Posted August 27, 2004
My name is Ronni Gachassin and I was a student at Dodson from Kindergarten to the 6th grade.I loved Dodson.I will never forget the memories or the staff.They were the best! Mr.Leger was the best Principal you could ever ask for.(good luck with retirement)

420 Dodson Street, New Iberia, LA  70563
Last modified Dodson Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dodson Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top