Bad
Good

Holy Name of Mary was a wonderful school. Things changed after the hurricane. Leadership was poor. Some people were unprofessional. Excellent teachers left. The school was never the same.

It disheartens me to see the changes that have taken place at Holy Name of Mary. Why is it that the principal gets to make his own rules and not follow the rules of the archdiocese. I find it amazing that they still have students there. The teacher who left have nothing to do with why the school is struggling. It is due to poor administration and a lack of comittment. The pastor hasn't made himself present either. I hope things get better for everyone involved.

Those wonderful teachers left HNM and are blessing children at other schools. HNM is not the same school we all once knew and loved.

My children had the best education at Holy Name. Mrs. Thompson, Vidrine, and Mr.Conrad and Gains are excellent teachers. If your child ever gets the chance to have them as teachers you have been blessed.

I am new to your school so thank you for the opportunity to attend your facility, however I guess I had my expectations too high for this school to measure up to. Let's start with the Principal who, I believe is clearly out of touch with people and how we deserve to be treated. I went to Orientation there and was completely uphauled by the way he addressed the parents who chose to trust this school with their child's education. His attitude and the way he oversees this school is clearly unacceptable and my child will not return next year if he is the principal. In conjunction with the principal I guess lack of leadership flows from the head down, the teachers have poor follow through and are not on one accord with the parents. I believe you can do better Holy Name of Mary! Let's see it.

The school year was really off to a great start before the Hurricane threat. Bright new teachers,new extra classes and a whole new attitude.My child can't wait to go back to school.

We will not return because the voucher system will not work for this school. There are too many openings and my child will suffer. This was a Catholic School and now it is not. In the last few years there have been too many bad changes.

We are not returning. The leadership is unacceptable. It is difficult to trust what is told to parents, teachers, and students.

My son just completed the pre-k program at Holy Name of Mary and won't be returning for Kindergarten. This school needs competent teachers. I love the environment but academically they are not measuring up.

I was happy to see the picture of Grandparents day in the newspaper. It was a great day for all of us - I know my mom and dad really enjoyed it because they keep talking about it and can't wait to get their pictures back. The choir did a great job, the kids read wonderful poems, and it was just great to be at the school. The principall is doing a great job!!

Last modified Holy Name of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8