Holy Name of Mary School 2

Posted January 12, 2011
Holy Name of Mary was a wonderful school. Things changed after the hurricane. Leadership was poor. Some people were unprofessional. Excellent teachers left. The school was never the same.

Holy Name of Mary School 4

Posted May 16, 2009

Posted May 04, 2009

Holy Name of Mary School 4

Posted October 15, 2008
It disheartens me to see the changes that have taken place at Holy Name of Mary. Why is it that the principal gets to make his own rules and not follow the rules of the archdiocese. I find it amazing that they still have students there. The teacher who left have nothing to do with why the school is struggling. It is due to poor administration and a lack of comittment. The pastor hasn't made himself present either. I hope things get better for everyone involved.

Posted October 08, 2008
Those wonderful teachers left HNM and are blessing children at other schools. HNM is not the same school we all once knew and loved.

Holy Name of Mary School 5

Posted September 08, 2008
My children had the best education at Holy Name. Mrs. Thompson, Vidrine, and Mr.Conrad and Gains are excellent teachers. If your child ever gets the chance to have them as teachers you have been blessed.

Holy Name of Mary School 0

Posted September 07, 2008
I am new to your school so thank you for the opportunity to attend your facility, however I guess I had my expectations too high for this school to measure up to. Let's start with the Principal who, I believe is clearly out of touch with people and how we deserve to be treated. I went to Orientation there and was completely uphauled by the way he addressed the parents who chose to trust this school with their child's education. His attitude and the way he oversees this school is clearly unacceptable and my child will not return next year if he is the principal. In conjunction with the principal I guess lack of leadership flows from the head down, the teachers have poor follow through and are not on one accord with the parents. I believe you can do better Holy Name of Mary! Let's see it.

Posted September 06, 2008

Holy Name of Mary School 0

Posted September 02, 2008
The school year was really off to a great start before the Hurricane threat. Bright new teachers,new extra classes and a whole new attitude.My child can't wait to go back to school.

Posted August 17, 2008
We will not return because the voucher system will not work for this school. There are too many openings and my child will suffer. This was a Catholic School and now it is not. In the last few years there have been too many bad changes.

Holy Name of Mary School
502 Olivier St, New Orleans, LA  70114
Last modified Holy Name of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Name of Mary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top