Posted January 06, 2014
My 5 year old is thriving at Ursuline! We looked at many schools but ultimately we chose Ursuline for our independent, inquisitive, yet sensitive social butterfly. At first, I was concerned that in her preK 4 class, there wasn't enough focus on reading and phonics etc; however, I noticed something in my daughter that is hard to teach in books: leadership and confidence. Soon, with her new found confidence, she took on trying to read the "hard words" and take on "tricky math." My only complaint is that I wish the school had a more diverse teaching staff.

Posted December 19, 2013
Awesome school that is authentically Catholic! They faculty and staff are truly educating the hearts and minds of the girls.

Posted February 15, 2012
Ursuline Academy is great catholic all girls school. My daughter has attended Ursuline for five years and loves it. The academics are tough and the teacher's really push the girls to do their best. I wouldn't send my daughter anywhere else. The parent involement is excellent the parents really look out for each other and are like family. The only down side is the tutition is really expensive but it's worth it.

Posted January 05, 2012
Ursuline has a structured, diversified, warm and family oriented environment with a host of reliable educational resources. The faculty, principal and teachers are thorough communicators with parents and the community. The teachers motivate and encourage the girls to a higher degree of learning. My daughter loves it and so do I!

Ursuline Academy Elementary 4

Posted April 14, 2010
Ursuline is an all girl Catholic school that accepts students from Toddler 2 thru 12th grade. It is the oldest continuously running all girls school in America. The Ursuline nuns first came here in 1727 to educate young women. They are very concerned with the individual, and proved many opportunities for girls to find the expand their strengths while giving them an excellent college preparatory education.

Posted May 15, 2009
This school has been a major dissappointment. They'll tell you all of the wonderful things you want to hear when you visit and show intrest, however it's all lip service. This school is all about the money,if your not politically connected or have lots of time and money to donate, you can forget about fitting in. My advise is to stay away for the well being of your daughter.

Posted September 15, 2008
I have had nothing but a great experience at Ursuline. My daughter has flourished and couldn't be happier. The academics are challenging. In fact, a friend's son who is a grade higher than my daughter came to visit, saw her homework papers, and announced that he was doing the exact same thing at his school! It is a great family atmosphere and the faculty is always available to talk or hear concerns. The girls are from diverse backgrounds. The class sizes are just right. It has been a great experience and I'm sure it will continue to be.

Ursuline Academy Elementary 2

Posted June 12, 2008
My daughters have attended Ursuline for the past several years We have become increasingly disappointed with numerous aspects of the school and administration. We have had numerous issues with the unprofessionalism of the staff.Issues are not addressed in a timely manner, if ever followed up on at all. The academics are average at best. For a child not to have to study and still make the A-B honor roll, the curriculum can not be very challenging. My daughter seems bored and unchallenged much of the time. They do not allow for individualism and actually seem to discourage any deviation from the 'norm'. The arts program is practically non existent. The playground is deplorable. If you are thinking about Ursuline for your daughter, you could do much better elsewhere. We are certainly looking for a better option, and have no doubt we will find it! What a disappointment this school is!

Posted February 13, 2008
This is my daughter first year at Ursuline and she loves it. The communication between the teachers and parents are great. She wakes up on Saturday and asks if she has school. My daughter was so shy, Ursuline has help build her self-esteem and confidence. The girls are so loving toward each other.

Posted December 29, 2005
Excellent education. When we evacuated during Katrina, my daughters attended a parochial school in Virginia. I was delighted to learn that they were academically ahead of their Virginia classmates.

2635 State St, New Orleans, LA  70118
Last modified Ursuline Academy Elementary is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
Ursuline Academy Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top