New Orleans, LA

St. Paul Lutheran School 4

Posted January 05, 2011
I agree with one of the other parents.Discipline in the early grades can be confusing to young kids. My kids are taught to be respectful and well disciplined at all times. I reward them and punish them for their individual actions. Teachers here punish the entire class for 1 kids behavior. If you have a child that is well behaved, he or she may become very frustrated. We teach our kids that they will suffer for their actions, not the action of others. I also believe that recess and physical fitness play an important role in childhood development. Recess is also taken away from all kids based upon the actions of one or two kids. I think the wrong signals are being sent to our kids....No matter how you behave individually you'll still be punished for the action of others . Excellent academic programs.

St. Paul Lutheran School 4

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted June 12, 2007
We have a daughter and son who were taught at St Paul and are now in High School. The school has dedicated, competent staff and good leadership from the principal. Although teachers can be sort of heavy handed on discipline at the lower grade levels, we are very happy with the quality of the education our kids received at St Paul. The school is multi ethnic, which is also a good learning experience for children. This is a great choice for parents in New Orleans, both pre and especially post Katrina.

Posted November 01, 2005
This school is awesome, I am a former student of St.Paul and my daughter is a current student. The principal is strong in her leadership and discipline policies. If you want your child to get a good Christian education and be well disciplined then this is the school for them. I loved the school when I was there and love it even more now that they have made changes with time. Keep up the good St. Paul Lutheran School.

Posted June 07, 2005
I praise St. Paul Lutheran for everything. It is definitely a positive environment for the students, parents and staff to interact so that children can learn. The school is family- oriented and provides a first rate education along with a strong religious outreach. I truly believe that the Principal and staff are the best. It also says alot for the school that the principal is also the 8th grade teacher. It doesn't get any better than that!

St. Paul Lutheran School 2

Posted February 06, 2004
St. Paul has a strong and fair principal, however the school board does not respect input from parents and has a reputation for supporting failing teachers. Additionally, the school has only 1 teacher for each class - therefore, if the teacher is not performing to your standards, you have no other choice. My experience was mostly pleasant, but when encountering problems with teacher behavior, the board is unbending even when the teacher has a clear record of failure. Skip this school if your child is not smart/above average. Otherwise, teachers don't work hard enough to keep average students in good standing.

Posted September 09, 2003
My son has been attending St Paul since Pre-K. I love this school. He has learned so much and is developing into a well behaved and well educated young man. The teachers and principals are first rate and very dedicated as well as caring for every child in the school. I highly recommend this school to any parent who wants his/her child to develop the skills needed to make it in today's world.

St. Paul Lutheran School
2624 Burgundy Street, New Orleans, LA  70117
Last modified St. Paul Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Paul Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top