New Orleans, LA

Isidore Newman School 1

Posted April 09, 2013
Isidore Newman School is a horrible school. Most of the kids, as well as teachers there are snobs. The high school has HORRIBLE drug problems. The teachers are mean to any lower schooler, unless their parents have money. Newman wants perfect children, and if your child has a different belief or way of thinking, they will either want him/her changed or kicked out of Newman. I speak from experience. The "wealthier" children there also exclude (even in lower school), as well as tease on other kids. They also care about money and where you live. Don't go to Newman, just a piece of advice. You are paying a bunch of money for people to mess up your kid.

Posted May 18, 2012
I have a sixth grader at Newman - no better school in New Orleans - hands down. If someone feels they have been treated poorly because of their socio-economic status, please bring this to the attention of your advisor. I find the kids to be upbeat, fun and competitive - all tools which will help them achieve. Faculty and admin are very responsive - facilities and extra curricular programs top notch. If you are in the "market", please take a visit.

Posted December 28, 2011
In my opinion, Newman is the best school in the New Orleans area. With the highest level of academia as well as a great amount of offered assistance in the classroom setting, it sets the standards for education. There is no doubt that students from Newman go off to do greater and more impressive things as well as excel in a college setting no matter what their grades were while attending the school itself. The only downside of this school is the price, but it is well worth it for the level of education and preparedness that it allows its students to feel when they depart for their college careers. With this being said, Newman is one of if not the best choice for schooling in the New Orleans area.

Posted June 21, 2011
If education is a priority, this is the school for your kids!!! We are not rich or affluent but are willing to pay the premium in order for our kids to get the very best education available today. Neither of my children find the school pretentious or snobby.....quite the opposite in fact. Everyone we have ever been in contact with has been warm, understanding and eager to help our children be the best students they can. Teacher / parent communication is outstanding and there is genuine caring and concern for the students well being. LOVE LOVE this school.

Posted May 20, 2010
I cannot say enough good things about Newman. The only downside is the price tag. Thankfully they also offer a lot of financial aid. The teachers and administrators are the very best. If we weren't moving, we'd have all of our children at Newman until college. The absolute best education a child can have, i my opinion!

Isidore Newman School 4

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted January 01, 2010
I am a student in middle school, and I absolutely love it. The schoolwork is sometimes overwhelming, but not over the top. I am very athletic, and I love the sports program. My friends are the best even though there are cliques. Even though Newman is pretty dang expensive, no one judges eachother by it. Overall, once again, I have to say Newman is pretty great!

Isidore Newman School 0

Posted July 14, 2009
Newman is a school for your typical over-achieving snobby rich kid. Kids discriminate kids for the smallest things. The Academics are good but if you have a struggling student due to either lack of interest or learning disabilities this is definitely not the school for you. Teachers are more interested in the children who are successful instead of figuring out what's wrong with the kids who aren't. Personally I will never send my kids to this institution because I wouldn't want them to turn into to people like my fellow classmates.

Posted May 22, 2009
I am a recent grad from Newman and went there for 13 years. I had an amazing experience and was able to participate in sports, debate, theater, student government, and other activities as well as get a top-notch education that has served me well in college and allowed my classmates and I to graduate as well rounded adults. Newman has always had excellent athletics and is now significantly expanding its arts department (including dance studios and more drama opportunities). The Head of School is really involved and the faculty is great (I still keep in touch with some of them). I never found the students there to be snobby or felt the need to be 'socially connected' (because I definitely was not). If anything Newman has become more and more diverse over the years.

Posted May 18, 2009

Isidore Newman School
1903 Jefferson Avenue, New Orleans, LA  70115
Last modified Isidore Newman School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Isidore Newman School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top