New Orleans, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted July 12, 2013
St. John Lutheran School is a great school! My children love going to school there. There is a good system for school to home communication so I always know what my children are learning about and how they are doing. I feel that the school is staffed with very caring, nurturing, Christian people and that my children are provided with an excellent learning environment and a quality curriculum. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a school that provides a quality Christian, faith based education. The small class sizes are very beneficial for students and they are given the individual attention they need. The students are provided with many different hands on experiences and activities that help them in their learning. I am glad my children have such a good school to go to.

Posted June 27, 2013
St. John is a wonderful school. It is a melting pot of families from many different backgrounds where young children receive not only an excellent education but love and spiritual guidance. The teachers are all well trained and devoted to creating an enriching environment for the children. Principal Gonski and the teachers make communication with parents a high priority. The school is striving to keep up with current technology and offer the children a wide variety of educational experiences. I would recommend St. John Lutheran to anyone looking for a great education for their children from Pre-school through 6th grade.

Posted July 02, 2011
Excellent school - Faith based as well as academic!! Very personable and has a close relationship with the parents. Would recommend this school it is great in every aspect!! My granddaughter attended this school and I feel she was able to learn more about her relationship with Jesus and also learned to value friendships and also gained a lot from her teacher in every aspect.

Posted November 18, 2008

Posted April 03, 2008
I was a teacher at St. John until I had to relocate due to Hurricane Katrina. I loved working at St. John and have many fond memories and experiences. The teachers there were and still are dedicated to the school and the families they serve. This school is the perfect place for your child to receive a loving, Christ-centered, quality education by caring and well-qualified professionals. The Principal and Kindergarten teachers are both close personal friends of mine and have given unyieldingly of their time, energy, and money to help rebuild St. John. They have done an incredible job and St. John is blessed to have them there. Their faith and witnessing to church and school families shows just how much they care. I treasure my time spent there and know that not only is St. John growing to meet their former glory, but I know it will soon surpass it.

Posted June 18, 2007
- a former student
I attended St. John Lutheran School from Kindergarten until the middle of sixth grade, when my family decided to move. All of my years spent here were happy ones. I had many great teachers, who prepared me academically and mentally for each successive year of my schooling. I felt like I was a part of a family at this school, and was accepted not only by teachers and administration, but also my peers. I was able to make and sustain some strong, lasting friendships from my years spent at St. John. The faith-based environment that is promoted at this school creates a wonderful learning environment that inspired me to grow and to become a teacher myself. St. John Lutheran School is a wonderful place for any child to learn and grown in many aspects of development.

Posted June 15, 2007
St. John Lutheran School is an amazing school. The teachers and staff are dedicated to helping each student grow academically, spiritually, and socially. The small class sizes allow the teacher to individualize classroom education. As a former teacher of St. John, I would recommend this school to anyone. I recently needed to relocate, but I am blessed to have taught at St. John.

Posted June 15, 2007
My involvement with St. John Lutheran School began in 1986 when my first child started Kindergarten there. Since then, and up until Katrina, I was a part of the St. John family. And a family it is. If you want your precious little ones in a safe, caring, nurturing, Christian environment, St. John is the place for you. Just as importantly, the teachers have years of experience and are committed to working with each and every child to ensure his/her success. The principal has shown untiring dedication and leadership through the aftermath of Katarina and beyond. I have two children who went to St. John-one is now a junior at UNO majoring in Biology, and one just graduated from Rummel. This school is a gem tucked away in Mid-City. If you work in town, or live nearby, don't pass it by!

Posted June 14, 2007
St. John Lutheran School was a wonderful place for my children. They both went there from Kindergarten on up to 8th grade and had a great experience. They had sports teams that taught them how to be good winners and good losers. They were able to participate in many other activities but always put their academics first. They were very successful in high school and now in college. I miss St. John and the small family feeling. The teachers and administration were there whenever I needed their advice and support. My children grew academically, physically and spiritually. I will always be grateful to St. John for all they did for my children - and for me. I pray God continues to bless this school until it is once again a PreK to 8th grade school that provides Mid-City with the kind of Christian education families need and are looking for.

Posted June 14, 2007
I am an alumnus of St. John Lutheran School, and I started there in K. I loved St. John mostly because of the small classes. Everyone knew everyone, no matter which grade you were in. I was even friends with Pre-schoolers when I was in 8th grade. Everyone was connected and it had a very 'homey' feel to it. The teachers were always great and demanded the most from every student. I was also involved with all of the extracurriculars St. John had. I ended up going to Jesuit High School where I graduated with an accumulated 3.8 GPA, and had participated in multiple extracurriculars. I have no doubt that St. John is the reason I was so well prepared, and well trained to succeed in school. Even though Katrina devastated the school, after their reconstruction it looks even better than it did when I went there. Makes me jealous. Ha.

St. John Lutheran School
3937 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA  70119
Last modified St. John Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
St. John Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top