Holy Rosary High School

Private | 7-12

Living in New Orleans

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $103,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Sweep tile

Posted January 24, 2014

Holy Rosary Academy is a wonderful school. I have 2 children enrolled here and could not be happier. My children never complain about going to school. Ever. They love their teachers and you can tell the teachers love them. The teachers here are truly compassionate about what they are doing. Could not ask for a better school.

Posted July 15, 2013

Holy Rosary has been a wonderful location for my daughter to attend. She was once a C-D student that has now finished two years in a row on the A-B Honor Roll. The staff and administrators are outstanding I look forward to her finishing there for the next 5 years. Thanks for having such a wonderful school!!!

Posted July 15, 2011

Not for leaning disabled. It is more like a reform school. The small perscentage of learning disabled students are left to listen to the teachers correct the large population of students that can go no where else. Administration of both schools are slow to move and generally give far too much lee way to students who need to be expelled.

Posted August 25, 2010

The school is a disaster, Its a school with poor education and poor athletics and a even worse staff. The school opperates slowly and in an unorginized fashion. At one point of time we spend 2 months going over fractions, By sending you child here you are not preparing them for the real world, you are setting them up to fail. Cause once you graduate. the only place that will accept you even as an honor student is the local community college. Dont ruin your childs chances of having a full and successfull life by sending them here

Posted April 21, 2009

Holy Rosary should not be a school where you send your child to. Its very expensive and your not getting a good education for your child. The Teachers are inexperienced. And the system is very unorginized. I am currently a student at holy rosary and i cannot say that i have really learned anything in my time here.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 4, 2007

Holy Rosary Academy is an awesome school which concentrates on every aspect of a child's development. The Teachers and Counselors are very accessible and truly compassionate to the needs of each individual child. The school offers both a grammar and high school with dynamic teachers.

Posted September 8, 2007

My son is doing very well in this school. I had him enrolled previously in a 'blue ribbon' school where he was given 2-3 hours of homework per day in 1st grade. I pulled him out and sent him to HRA since I believed this amount of homework was not only not beneficial, but harmful to students of this age bracket. My son now looks forward to school each day, is back to his happy-go-lucky self and is not only learning, but learning to love learning. H. Katrina necessitated our leaving this school for 2 years, but upon returning we found many of the same students, staff and faculty welcoming our family back with open arms. I have found that HRA is truly dedicated to their students.

Posted November 25, 2006

We are parents that are extremely involved in the learning processes of our son. We are intimately familiar with how he learns and retains material presented. Our observations are these: Teaching, as it relates to learning at HRA, is not limited to lecture, memorization then testing. Teaching is not presented for those students who fit nicely into the middle of a bell curve. Teaching is directly correlated to understanding the material, but learning it differently. Simply put, it is helping children learn by exploring the use of multiple modalities to find the method that best suits the diverse learning styles of a student population with varying abilities and talents. We feel that HRA is not afraid to explore new ways to teach the same material and welcomes parental input on our son s learning style. The fact that he enjoys going to school is a lovely bonus for us all.

Posted October 27, 2006

Holy Rosary Academy was the answer to a prayer for not only my son, but our whole family. It was such a relief to be able to send my child with ADHD and dyslexia to school and not have to constantly explain his differences to the teachers and administration. Holy Rosary accepts a child for who they are and enables them to develop self esteem. I believe that my child was able to learn well at Holy Rosary because the tension was gone. The teachers and staff were very caring. The parents group was wonderful and was a great support group. Holy Rosary is a school which meets the whole family's needs.

Posted October 19, 2006

My son attended HRA last year and overall, the level of parent involvement at this school is enormous. However, it is unfortunate that most of the parents are unable to see how dysfunctional the school really is. I have been very unhappy with the response from the administration with regard to my questions and concerns about my son. Although the school boasts a low student to teacher ratio, this does little to help the students as many of the them have severe behavioral problems and the teachers have to spend their time controling these students. I would think twice before enrolling your child here.

Posted September 22, 2006

Upon enrolling my son in HRA 6 yrs. ago I have seen dramatic improvement in his self esteem, motivation, pride and academics. Never before have we had the willingness or flexibility from teachers and administration to ensure our son's academic and social success. Traditional classroom settings did not work for my son. However, HRA's ability to work with individual learning styles has made the difference. Teacher inservices, technology upgrades, high parental involvement and the opening of its new high school, all contribute to the program getting better each year. I feel so fortunate for my son to be a part of this program. It has changed my family's life. We are looking forward to continued growth with Holy Rosary.

Posted August 6, 2006

First, let me say that I served on HRA's/PTA board. The school's population has changed. Now, most students have severe behavioral problems (hit teachers, students). Neither school delivers what they promise. My child attended for 4 years. His I.Q. is high; he has ADD and dyslexia. We were assured he would be prepared for H.S. He was excited, liked the school, but the curriculum is 'dumbed down', so the students make A's and B's. In seventh grade he was scoring lower on HRA's standardized tests, than he did in 3rd grade! They have a huge teacher turnover rate and the majority are inexperienced. Parents remove their children when they realize what is happening. DeLaSalle H.S. is one of the few that is willing to take HRA students; your child must attend their summer school first and will be place in the BASIC program-not college prep. Examine HRA's program carefully!

Posted February 2, 2005

My son is considered a high functioning autistic child. I was told that this school does not want autistic child and that it is a school for learning disabilities not autism. And they will not even take them with 'shadows' paid by the parents.

Posted September 29, 2004

My grandson started this year in the 4th grade. He is excited to go to school each morning and sstarts his homework in the car on the way home. More important, because he is autistic, he has friends. This school was sent to us by God.

Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 3% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Religious
  • Special education

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New Orleans

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3368 Esplanade Ave