St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School 1

Posted October 22, 2014
NOT A GOOD SCHOOL PRINCIPAL IS MORE CONCERN WITH FEDERAL FUNDING THEN THE KIDS.TEACHER WANT EACH CHILD TO BE ON THE SAME GRADE LEVEL AND IF NOT THE PRINCIPAL IS GOING TO TRY AND FIND AWAY TO REMOVE THE CHILD FROM THE SCHOOL IF SHE/HE ON THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM .

Posted October 24, 2013
St. Joan of Arc Blessed Scarament is a school with values, morals and respect. Teaching our youth to be self-evolved, motivated and and disciplined. My child is a thrid generation student that has been continually becoming a successful student that has advanced in higher education. I am glad that we decided to send our child there.

Posted February 20, 2013
I would like to address the last comment on this review page. I am a former student of St. Joan of Arc. First of all, we need to give CHILDREN RESPONSIBILITY! Enough said right there. This is the reason why we have so many people in jail. Secondly, if you are not happy with the school's performance remove your child ASAP!!!! It not fair to criticize a spiritual setting and people who care about our children. The entire academic performance does not reflect just the teachers and principal but also the parents. You need to take responsibility for your child's action. It depends on the child whether he or she wants a good education! If you are a parent whose child is on the voucher program you are truly bless to receive my parents tax paying money. In the handbook it states that if a child is not in full uniform he or she will be given a demerit and call home for the piece of clothing that is missing. Okay St. Joan of Arc is not a Blue Ribbon school but they are SACS accredited. Look that up and see what it means! Go SJA!! You are one of the BEST schools in the Archdiocese!!!

St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School 2

Posted January 30, 2013
Last year one of the teachers told me that I should withdraw my child from SJA as she spends more time correcting behavior issues than teaching. My child came home and told me that one of his teachers falls asleep in class. When we arrived at the school the first day, my heart broke considering what I had seen and I started to turn around and bring my child to another school. Always follow your first instincts. The principal is disengaged and seems to care more about enrollment i.e. tuition money than anything. I believe that is part of the reason the quality of education is subpar. There are regular public schools that are performing better than SJA. Another problem that I've witnessed first hand is that students in violation of uniform policy are forced to sit out of class until a belt or tie is brought by the parent. When I was in high school, if we forgot our name tag or something, we received a demerit which was $2. Our education was not disrupted as seen at SJA. SJA is not a Blue Ribbon school and I really can't see where eductaion is a priority.

Posted May 02, 2010
Great school with a fantastic principal. Staff loves the students. Need more schools like this one. Academics are not a priority as they is alot of activities always going on. We are returning next year.

St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School 0

Posted September 04, 2009
The school is awesome. The teachers are excellent and they show a lot of love to the children. I would recommend any parent to this school.

St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School 5

Posted June 20, 2009
I love the school. The teachers are excellent.

St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School 1

Posted January 13, 2009

St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School 0

Posted December 08, 2008
I'm proud to say my son attends SJA . The teachers are wonderful.

St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School 5

Posted September 14, 2008
This is a great school with wonderful teachers and my child is doing wonderful. The only thing that needs to be addressed is the discipline problem with some of the students, not all. As a parent this year I will be more involved.

St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School
919 Cambronne Street, New Orleans, LA  70118
Last modified St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Joan Of Arc Roman Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top