New Orleans, LA

Posted May 29, 2013
Over the past 2 years, Calvary has become very intentional about becoming more excellent across the board. The new leadership at the school has placed a greater emphasis on academic growth and achievement as well as increasing the professional standards and growth of the teachers. Change does take time, and the school is definitely not where it needs to be yet. But they are definitely moving in the right direction, and the results from these changes are positive.

Calvary Baptist School 3

Posted March 29, 2012
I would say I am not overly pleased with Calvary but not overly digsuted either. I have a good relationship with my child's teacher but feel like the teacher is over stepped by the principal and is not allowed to run the classroom, which can make a student never really take his or her teacher seriously. There is a lack of patience with some of the teachers and principal. The lunch prices are ridiculous for the amount of food the children received. They did offer something new for next yr, but it was higher b/c it came with a personal staff. The $500-$700 pre-reg./building fee is very expensive. Not to mention there are service hours the school is asking for parents to put in, if you cannot find time to put in service hours, like myself b/c I work during school hours, you are requiered to pay $50 quarterly .i would say my child has learned a lot but I am just not moved by the school. The school doesn't hold special events the church does. i am looking to place my child somewhere else b/c I feel like I could get better for the the money I am putting out.

Calvary Baptist School 1

Posted March 12, 2012
The school can be looked at as blasphemous. Some of the staff members don't behave like christians at all. The school leaders are mostly the problem. They give the impression that the school is perfect and holy to make parents believe they are the unreasonable & unsaved ones. This is far from the truth. How can christians allow a student to eat pudding and juice for lunch when there is enough food to allow the child a lunch? They will still bill you $3.00 for the poor snack/meal. The readers are inappropriate even though you pay for books. They do not care about my child or the education.

Calvary Baptist School 3

Posted January 11, 2011
taking a 'wait and see' attitude. i was not aware until orientation that my son would be learning cursive immediately but wouldn't begin learning to read until mid-year. although i disagreed with this prioritization, i left the curriculum to the professionals. it is now after the break and i have not yet seen specific reading emphasis. i do not know what goes into teaching a child to read, but so far i am not seeing it. communication & responsiveness: somewhat disappointing; he brings home many papers regarding book clubs, promotions & projects & his homework but there is little opportunity for daily communication about our son. email has not been answered in a timely manner. the online program they have is not properly utilized to make it a sole source. i would prefer more emphasis placed on the education. my son can recite bible versus and sing songs about the Lord and thats great, but i also want him to be able to read and be kept up to speed so he can excel in his future academic career. we are nowhere near the point of removing our son from this school, but we are actively seeking an alternative. the school is 'good enough' for now, but we don't want to settle for that.

Calvary Baptist School 1

Posted July 11, 2009

Posted January 08, 2008
My family has been blessed by Calvary Baptist School. The teachers seem to really care about my child. Two thumbs up!

Calvary Baptist School 4

Posted October 04, 2007
I am happy with the quality and care of CBS! This will be my daughter's second year attending this school. She loves her teacher and enjoys learning at CBS. I like the small (family-like) atmosphere. They also offer P.E. and art...which my child looks forward to every week. I have a second child in Pre-K also. She is thriving there and loves her teacher. It is well worth the money to send my kids to school here.

Calvary Baptist School 4

Posted August 04, 2007
We are pleased with this school. We enrolled our child when we returned after Katrina. We have been pleased with the quality of the education and the environment. Calvary is a very nurturing school. They are striving to improve - that is evident as you see them implement changes each year. We would like to see more 'electives' such as foreign language, computer, art, & etc. We are told that we can expect some new offerings in the upcoming school year. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted July 20, 2006
I was very pleased with Calvary Baptist School. My daughter was in the pre-K class and she did very well. The teachers really take their time with the children and I would recomend the school to anyone.

Posted July 06, 2006
I had a child in PreK - 3 this school year. I cannot say enough good things about this school. If you want your child to learn as well as be exposed daily to a wholesome Christian environment, this is definately the place for your child. My daughter at age three knows her alphabet and the sounds that each letter makes. She can also count to 20 on her own and to 100 with help. She frequently came home with art projects that had a bible verse on it. She learned to interact well with the other children and made several friends. They were taken on monthly field trips to have extra fun and attended weekly Chapel Services where she worshiped and learned about Christian values. She will definately be returning the Calvary Baptist School next year.

Calvary Baptist School
2401 General Degaulle Drive, New Orleans, LA  70114
Last modified Calvary Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
Calvary Baptist School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top