No rating

Cabrini High School (Girls)

Private | 8-12 | 466 students

Living in New Orleans

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $103,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Posted July 2, 2014

Cabrini High School is an excellent school to send your daughter to. Cabrini High School forms young ladies into respectable young women of society. Cabrini is an amazing school for college prep. Cabrini offers many different courses for learning both academically and spiritually. The girls at Cabrini go on yearly religious retreats with their graduating class. I am an 8th grader at Cabrini (2018) and I thank my parents for putting me into such a great school. The administration is so friendly,and the principle is such a sweet lady. I'm not sure what the previous comments are talking about, but the "facts" they stated are incorrect, because well, I attend Cabrini :). I have so much love for this school. I take advanced classes and am thankful of the academic strengthening Cabrini has done for me. The classes are very hard, but good things come for those who work hard for them. If you are planning to send your daughter to a school that will teach her morals, strengthen her academics, teach her to make good decisions, and strengthen her spiritually, I highly recommend Cabrini. We always have room for family. :)

Posted May 24, 2014

Administration is ridiculous, they can't even answer a simple question. The teachers aren't helpful, only a few. It's not a challenging school at all, the work is bs. Don't send your child to Cabrini. Choose wisely.

Posted October 10, 2013

My daughter attends Cabrini and is in her third year as a sophomore. She loves it, but I ABSOLUTELY despise Cabrini. Cabrini has by far one of the most unhelpful and rude administrations in the New Orleans area. They never care about concerns and they don't like answering questions. The academics are also behind as well. My youngest daughter is in her freshman year at Ursuline and has work that competes with my sophomore daughter's work at Cabrini. Parents, please take caution when enrolling your daughter at Cabrini.

Posted May 12, 2013

We have 2 daughters currently at Cabrini and we are VERY UNHAPPY! The administration is very rude when you call with any questions, they aren't willing to go the "extra" mile to help you with anything, not even to give you a simple answer to a question. They pride themselves on being highly competitive with the tuition, but the truth is after your child begins school the "true" cost comes out. It will run you close to $8,500 PER child. Not the $6,800 or whatever they like to advertise. Very misleading. They hire teachers who have gotten fired from other very reputable schools who are unable to teach the subjects for which they were hired, then refuse to listen to the numerous students complaints about these, yes these, not just 1, teachers. :( Our daughters will NOT return next year, we have had enough of the lies, the trickery, & the BS from Cabrini.

Posted January 9, 2013

*My daughter attends CHS and we love it!! She is doing a fine job there. The teachers and staff are very warm and welcoming and made our daughter feel very welcomed. The teachers at CHS are very eager to help our daughter in any way possible. We love CHS!!

Posted September 29, 2010

My four years at Cabrini were the best, I truely did enjoy high school because of Cabrini. My sister went to Dominican high school and seeing all the stress they put on her for academics etc. I'm so glad I choose Cabrini, you go there and you feel right at home, the teachers are excellent and willing to help with anything. I really miss high school and hoping my youngest sister decideds to go there so she can have the experience like I did. Since graduating Cabrini I'm now attendeing the University of New Orleans majoring in Education so I can make an impact on a students life just like cabrini did =)

Posted October 15, 2009

I am an alumni parent and have fond memories of CHS. This school was just the right place for stepdaughter to complete her preparatory studies before going away to college and she learned many things at CHS---life lessons as well as academics!

Posted September 28, 2008

i'm a sophmore at cabrini now and i love it. i used to go to this really stuck up elementary school and now that i'm at cabrini i've learned how the real world is. the teachers get us ready for college and the other girls there are the best friends i've ever known. if i had to go through the catholic high school acceptance process again, i would definately still choose cabrini.

Posted June 5, 2008

I love cabrini. I go there now and it is amazing. some of the rules are stupid but we all have to live with it. I think that they offer a wide variety of class selection from accounting to investing. they also have a very wide amount to clubs for us to choose from. if I had not gone to cabrini I would be going to st. mary;s dominican then I know my education would be flushed down the drain.

Posted November 7, 2007

I went to this school for 2 years, freshman and sophomore year. It was a really fun school but i just wasn't recieving the right academics and my grades began to drop. The classes i was taking weren't that challenging but the teachers didn't exactly give me the right amount of help. The discipline was also very harsh and there wasn't always set guidlines. My mom sent me there to get a religious background but the fact is you usually only have religion half the year 2-3 days a week for a little more than an hour, we only went to church on special occasions but overall the school was not that bad it just wasn't right for me so i recommend you choose wisely.

Posted April 23, 2007

I graduated in 2006 and I am extremely happy that I selected Cabrini. They have so many things to offer from MAO to great sports programs. My parents, like most others were very involved in Cabrini functions. I am going to be finishing my second semester at an out of state college and I feel as though they have prepared me for every aspect of college. Good luck with your high school decision!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 7, 2006

I have two daughters who attend Cabrini and they love it there. Cabrini is an excellent school. It offers small class sizes which gives students the attention they need and desrve. It has a very dedicated staff. They also offer an excellent array of extracirricular activites. The area the school is located is also a very beautiful environment. I would recommend this school to anyone who a a daughter soon to enter high school.

Posted February 11, 2006

I attened Cabrini over 10 years ago. I started there my junior year. The high school that I was attending closed down. It was very difficult to get use to a new school especially, when the previous school is the one you dreamed of attending since childhood. Cabrini may not have been my first choice, but it will be for my two daughters when it is time for them to attend high school. I believe that anyone that sends their daughters to Cabrini will not be diappointed in the education and values that they receive. I wish all of the present and future girls the best of luck; and all of the hard work will only make you grow stronger and successful. KCR
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 10, 2004

Hi I go to Cabrini High School and I'm a freshman. I love it there!! Its really cool. the achedimics there really teach us the needs for college plus the teachers there really give us a hand. they discipline us there but there not to to harshly. And there's always somthing going on for fun. There's so many clubs,and sports to choose from, and the food ain't half bad either.people from from many different backgrounds attend there. And the best thing is that were always helping out in the community.the veiw of the bayou is very lovely,the neighborhood is extremly kind to us, and the history of the school is great. I personallly believe Cabrini high school is a great school to send your daughter.

Posted September 22, 2003

Cabrini is a small close family. Parents are extremely involved and the school is committed to its students. My daughter is not just a number at Cabrini, she is a student. Overall Cabrini is an excellent school that I would recommend to any parent or student.

Posted August 24, 2003

Excellent school with wonderful faculty and administration. Small student body offers good benefits and extracurricular activities can meet every student's needs and interests.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Yvonne Hrapmann
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Fax number
  • (504) 483-8671

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New Orleans

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1400 Moss Street