No rating

De La Salle High School

Private | 8-12

Living in New Orleans

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $228,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Posted October 20, 2012

a great school does not allow an arrogant school official to demean the homecoming queen at the homecoming dance and then have the queen leave.

Posted July 1, 2011

I really like this school! I like the fact that my daughter is being taught my first rate teachers and that the school is co-ed. De La Salle is awesome!

Posted June 19, 2011

I am a student at De La Salle and it is the best school that I have ever been to the teachers are great and students are great!!!!! GO CAVALIERS

Posted August 13, 2010

De La Salle Is The Best Catholic School I've Ever Been To. I thought It Would Be Just Like All The Others I've Attended, With Way Too Many Rules. But, I Was Wrong I Love It Here At De La Salle....I Will Keep You Updated Throughout My Further Years. (: ILoveeYouu! DLS!...Whoop-Whoop! (:

Posted April 2, 2010

I had 2 kids go to Dela salle , and they loved it!

Posted October 31, 2009

De La Salle is open to everyone. Our school is like one big family.

Posted October 5, 2009

Best, most dedicated band director in New Orleans High School

Posted October 3, 2009

De La Salle serves a diverse student population and focusses on the needs of the individual students

Posted October 3, 2009

I really like the fact that De La Salle High School has an excellent band and music program.

Posted March 25, 2009

I currently go to de la salle. I absolutely hate it. I love school just not this one. The teachers cant teach. They pick favorites and fail the hated. The guidance department is horrible. They do not seem to help at all. They dont even make me feel better. The administration thinks all the teachers are great and wont listen to anyone else. I do not think people should send their kids their if they want their kids to actually go somewhere in life.

Posted October 17, 2008

De la Salle could be a better school if they would get rid of some of the administration. The V.P is best administration has to offer its ashame that she is the only one who really cares about the students. The facuality has many great teachers as well but, because of the administration many of the good teachers were let go and the De La Salle administration should have never let them go and after being let go these teachers/coaches at other schools like Jesuit and Shaw. Finally note De La Salle did not prepare me for college at all so, as of now I can not give them a good review and would suggest to parents to send their children else where.

Posted October 7, 2008

The guidance department is the best in the city. My son was accepted to the top three of his choice. Thank you De La Salle.

Posted October 7, 2008

De la salle is a wonderful institiution, i eneterd this school, as a jewish student thinking they would brainwash me. I was wrong. I now love my school.

Posted October 7, 2008

This institution is unlike any in southeastern Louisiana . I live in Jefferson Parish and could send my child to any school in the parish. However i sent her to De La Salle for its Academic exellence.

Posted May 6, 2008

On a national scale De La Salle would be about 60%...great teachers but a really messed up vindictive administration. The administration keeps the school from being a great school. Choose another school. Most students that feel the school is great are only saying that because they have not attended any other schools.

Posted April 5, 2008

The best school in the city. I was very fortunate to have attended this great school. There is a very familiar atmosphere. Th eteachers cared about us. I wanted to drop out of one of my classes but he wouldn't let me. He pushed me to my highest potential. The students there were veryaccepting, we were like a big family. The principal was very caring and very understanding. I believe the faculty adn staff were very fair. I would definitely reccomend this school. De La Salle Lead On!!!!!!!! I miss you!

Posted January 31, 2008

De La Salle is a wonderful school. Not only is it an institution of fine teachers, modern and clean facilities, De La Salle offers an innovative curriculum and a caring and concerned administration. A De La Salle education is truly among the best educational values in New Orleans.

Posted May 2, 2007

In the past few years, this school appears to be in decline. Many of the educational bright spots, such as a large variety of electives and activities, are disappearing. It might be possible for this school to return to it's past level of excellence, but it would require major changes in administration.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New Orleans

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5300 Saint Charles Avenue