8-12|Private
1,354 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted August 16, 2016
As a graduate of and former student-athlete (football and track) at Jesuit, I could be biased towards my alma mater. However, living out of Louisiana and raising a son, I realize the benefits of having gone to Jesuit. People may refer to those affiliated with Jesuit 'arrogant'. Well, in a sense, we can be; but it is an arrogance based on our belief in our abilities. Father McGinn once said, "Jesuit has very high expectations of its students, but we provide them with the resources to meet those expectations." That says a lot about the culture and mindset at Jesuit. Yes, we are taught to be "men for others", as demonstrated by our annual Thanksgiving Food Drive; but we are also taught to expect to be challenged. The number of National Merit and National Achievement acknowledgements we receive each year is an example of Jesuit's academic strengths. People also have a misconception of Jesuit's being only for "rich kids." We graduate from Jesuit with the "richness" provided by our dedicated faculty, priests, administrators, and coaches; but the student body is very socioeconomically diverse. Please refer to Jesuit's website to see how its tuition compares to other school in the Greater New Orleans area. You might be surprised. As several postings alluded, our alumni and dedicated parents support the school, helping to keep the expenses somewhat reasonable. My only regret was not considering Jesuit for 8th grade because it may have provided me the opportunity to participate in more honors courses. Very proud to be a Blue Jay! AMDG!

Jesuit High School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 12, 2016
Thank you Mr. Templet for challenging Chad to give his best effort in school. You set the bar and your students responded.

Posted July 12, 2016
My son graduated from Jesuit in 1994. The school taught him discipline and how to excel. The ROTC program taught him the meaning of teamwork. Academically there is no finer school in the south. He earned his PhD in Biochemistry from University of Texas which was made possible by his time spent at Jesuit.

Posted July 11, 2016
Great academics and athletics. The alumni are a presence in the community. I love this school.

Posted July 11, 2016
Jesuit High School is the premier High School for boys in New Orleans. the English and Math Departments really did a fantastic job in preparing my son for college. affordable too!

Posted July 11, 2016
Living here is New Orleans, there are few schools I would send my son to. This is an excellent High School for boys. the athletics and academics are well worth the cost of admission. From what I hear, the alumni are very active and supportive in the community.

Posted July 11, 2016
As a graduate from 2010, Jesuit High School is one the best schools in America. It gave me the tools and resources to not only be successful, but to strive for greatness. Jesuit will always be a big part of my life.

Posted July 11, 2016
As a graduate from 1999, I've experienced first-hand the benefits of their education, network, and discipline that they instilled from day 1.

Posted July 11, 2016
two members of my team attended this school. they are exceptional individuals who are very educated and motivated. they swear that it was the teachings from this school that made them who they are today.

Posted July 05, 2016
AMDG. This is the best school in New Orleans for young boys to develop into great men.

Jesuit High School