New Orleans, LA
Students enrolled: 1,354

Posted February 24, 2014
The review before must have had a hard time with the structure and prestige of the Jesuit environment. I assure you that they are academically advanced compared to any high school in the STATE. I suppose that for some this environment is overwhelming... the boys are forced to grow up and either fail or succeed. Anyone that has a negative thing to say about Jesuit is probably making excuses because they didn't have what it took to excel amongst the elite.

Jesuit High School 1

Posted December 12, 2013
This school is learning at a lower two grades younger than their level. This school focuses too much on athletics and unless you are athletic you can not play sports. Too many kids feel left out at Jesuit like my son. There is too many restrictions and the uniforms hurt the schools reputation. When my son graduated he said he felt like he just escaped from prison. I have heard of lots of kids get caught from drinking, smoking and drugs.

Posted April 06, 2013
Jesuit High School was a wonderful experience for all of my sons. I cannot say enough about how well they were prepared for college and beyond---medical school. Thanks for the wonderful experience!

Posted April 01, 2013
This school is, without a doubt, the best high school in America. The quality and aspiration for excellence is the standard. Plus, the motto is " Be a man for others."

Posted February 13, 2012
I am a member of the Class of 1963. The experience of becoming a Blue Jay and the formation I underwent during my years at Jesuit prepared me to embrace the Ignatian ideal of being 'A Man for Others'. The academic training was rigorous and unrelenting and the concept of taking responsibility for my actions was deeply imprinted on my character. I learned that the essence of leadership is contained in just two words: FOLLOW ME! I truly believe that whatever good there is in me comes directly from being a Blue Jay. On my first day as a new boy I was challenged by the thought provoking question, "When God gave you a brain do you suppose He had in mind that you do something with it?" I have tried my best to live up to the challenges presented by Jesuit and I will continue to do so until I have to account for myself before God. Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam! Pierre duQuesnay Kirk Colonel, Ret. Barrister-at-Law (UK)

Posted September 11, 2011
As a graduate quickly approaching his 15-year reunion, I thought I'd speak to the quality of men this school produces. My group of friends/alumni may not be entirely representative of the school, but at our ten-year reunion, my friends all had Masters, PhDs, JDs, or MBAs and were all successful and happy in our chosen professions. I have no doubt that the competition among us to succeed in school carried through our post-Jesuit days when we parted ways after high school. The teachers are generally hard but fair. Students who want to succeed will be given the opportunity to attain a top notch education.

Jesuit High School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
My son is bright and did well but was "lost" in the crowd. He is shy and was not encouraged or inspired by his teachers to develop his interests and talents. If you're not "into" sports and the "connections" you may use later in the New Orleans area it may not be for your son. The academics are good but I would have preferred a school that was "happy to have him" rather than one that thought he should be happy "they allowed him" to attend. The Myth is greater than the Reality.

Posted July 01, 2011
Jesuit offers an outstanding educational, personal, and spiritual experience. If your child is fortunate enough to gain admission, rest assured that he will receive a top notch education and grow to become a"man for others." I attended a top Ivy League university after Jesuit and had skills that were second to none. Jesuit prepares you for life. Still, Jesuit may not be for everyone, however. The young men who enter it's doors are expected to hit the ground running. That is not to say that counseling services are not offered and good, but stepping up in a rigorous environment takes strength of character. Those who do become Blue Jays.

Posted January 31, 2011
Excellent all around. My three sons have all been given a great education. From academics to the arts to athletics there is no school better in the state.

Jesuit High School 0

Posted September 29, 2010
Jesuit embraces its students teaching them the morals and values of life but most of all making them men for others.

Jesuit High School