New Orleans, LA

Posted October 07, 2013
I graduated Dominican in 2012 (I attended from '08-12) and the best thing I can say is how well it prepared me for college. Definitely top 3 Catholic high school in the NO area. The education I received at Dominican blew some of my other friends' educations (from different Catholic high schools in the area) out of the water.

St. Mary's Dominican High School (Girls) 3

Posted January 12, 2013
I attended Dominican for 8-12th grade and hated it. Although this school has very much prepared me for college, I feel like I missed out on a high school experience. There were so many cliques and their website never was up to par like other schools in the area. Their teachers played favorites very often. Their counselors were not helpful and told me I wouldn't get into the college I wanted and I did. I am now finishing up college and I realize that all my best friends had gone to another school in the N.O. area. I had many friends, but did not make lifelong friends. When I have a daughter, I will not be sending her to Dominican unless they get their act together. I will say though, it is the hardest girls school in the New Orleans area. No other school has them on Academics except Jesuit.

St. Mary's Dominican High School (Girls) 3

Posted January 11, 2013
Dominican is a great school, however the academics are nothing special. If I'm putting my child in a private school, I expect some serious college prep. Dominican did not even come close to offering the prep that the school I moved my daughter to did. Even teachers who worked at Dominican themselves were raving about how amazing the curriculum and teachers at the her new school were. My second daughter who had originally been at my first daughters new school decided to visit Dominican on whim and came home describing the classes as "a joke" compared to what she was used to. It's a nice, well kept, social highschool, but when it comes down to it the school itself is not great.

Posted January 02, 2011
It is an amazing school! that's all I have to say. You will not regret going there. I recommend it to every girl in the NO area.

St. Mary's Dominican High School (Girls) 0

Posted December 10, 2009
I graduated from DHS in 2009. I recommend this school to every young girl. Now that I am in college, I am fully aware of how much Dominican has prepared me. I am ahead of many of my other classmates. This school has prepared me physically and mentally for the challenges that my future holds.

Posted February 08, 2009
I attend Dominican now and I love. At first I was hesitant about attending a all girls private catholic school, put now I love it. There is a decent amount of homework in honors, but it is mangeable. They also have a lot of clubs and oppurtunities to become invovled. All the teachers are very helpful, and willing to help you off to the side if you need it. For the most part all the students are nice, even to 8th graders.

Posted July 15, 2008
Im about to go into my 8th grade year at Dominican. My mom and her sisters all went to Dominican and they loved it. Everyone is extremly nice. When I spent a day there I already felt like a student . I was with a 10th grader and although the academics are challenging , its really easy to understand the way the fantastic teachers explain. When I was in the Biology class I learned tons about Mendels Laws and Genetics in 1 hour ! This came in handy when my 7th grade class was doing projets on genetics 2 months after. I recommened Dominican to any young girl who want to have and the most fun learning experience of their 4 years of highschool!!

Posted April 19, 2008

St. Mary's Dominican High School (Girls) 0

Posted December 06, 2007
Dominican is simply amazing. I am in my first year attending DHS and I wouldn't go anywhere else. The teachers are so helpful, and I would definatley recommend this school to anyone. It is challenging, but it is managable. The work isn't ridiculous like everyone says. I wouldn't ever switch!

Posted July 30, 2007
I am an alumna of the school and I must say that I cannot sing its praises enough. I truly felt at home at this school. I felt challenged, encouraged and inspired. I truly feel that everything I was taught has been applicable in daily life. Their curriculum is all about quality and not quantity. The Dominican mission for centuries has been all about education and faith. Laudare Benedicere Praedicare. If I were still living in New Orleans I would certainly send my daughter(s) to Dominican.

St. Mary's Dominican High School (Girls)
7701 Walmsley Avenue, New Orleans, LA  70125
Last modified St. Mary's Dominican High School (Girls) is a Private school that serves grades 8-12
St. Mary's Dominican High School (Girls) Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top