8-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

the amount of homework you get is just enough. you're never staying up till 4:00 in the morning.

I LOVE Dominican so much. The teachers are amazing and the students are very respectable and nice. the school spirit is unbelievable

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers always offer to help you. They are very generous and helpful. They are always there to help you.

I have always been proud of my Dominican education. My mother and daughters feel the same way. I cannot say enough about how I feel about this school.The emphasis is on faith and academics and both stay with you a life time.

I graduated Dominican in 2012 (I attended from '08-12) and the best thing I can say is how well it prepared me for college. Definitely top 3 Catholic high school in the NO area. The education I received at Dominican blew some of my other friends' educations (from different Catholic high schools in the area) out of the water.

I attended Dominican for 8-12th grade and hated it. Although this school has very much prepared me for college, I feel like I missed out on a high school experience. There were so many cliques and their website never was up to par like other schools in the area. Their teachers played favorites very often. Their counselors were not helpful and told me I wouldn't get into the college I wanted and I did. I am now finishing up college and I realize that all my best friends had gone to another school in the N.O. area. I had many friends, but did not make lifelong friends. When I have a daughter, I will not be sending her to Dominican unless they get their act together. I will say though, it is the hardest girls school in the New Orleans area. No other school has them on Academics except Jesuit.

Dominican is a great school, however the academics are nothing special. If I'm putting my child in a private school, I expect some serious college prep. Dominican did not even come close to offering the prep that the school I moved my daughter to did. Even teachers who worked at Dominican themselves were raving about how amazing the curriculum and teachers at the her new school were. My second daughter who had originally been at my first daughters new school decided to visit Dominican on whim and came home describing the classes as "a joke" compared to what she was used to. It's a nice, well kept, social highschool, but when it comes down to it the school itself is not great.

It is an amazing school! that's all I have to say. You will not regret going there. I recommend it to every girl in the NO area.

I graduated from DHS in 2009. I recommend this school to every young girl. Now that I am in college, I am fully aware of how much Dominican has prepared me. I am ahead of many of my other classmates. This school has prepared me physically and mentally for the challenges that my future holds.

I attend Dominican now and I love. At first I was hesitant about attending a all girls private catholic school, put now I love it. There is a decent amount of homework in honors, but it is mangeable. They also have a lot of clubs and oppurtunities to become invovled. All the teachers are very helpful, and willing to help you off to the side if you need it. For the most part all the students are nice, even to 8th graders.

Last modified St. Mary's Dominican High School (Girls) is a Private school that serves grades 8-12