Public charter
New Orleans, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 02, 2014
Audubon has been ranked the best public elementary school in New Orleans for 25 years with another school in the city. Special education specialists, teachers and administrators address all types of learning styles and provide support to the parents. The environment is racially diverse, friendly and caring. Audubon believes it takes a village to raise a child, and they succeed at doing it. My son went to Audubon Pre-K through 8th. It was not always easy, he did not make straight As, but the teachers gave him the learning skills that allowed him to get into the best public high school in the city. Expectations are high for students, teachers and parents. The PTO holds fundraisers year round. As a parent, you are expected to do everything you should to support your child. In return, Audubon will teach your child to keep trying and not give up. What a better education than this ... ?

Posted January 16, 2014
Audubon Charter has been wonderful at focusing on the development of the whole child which includes academics, the arts, and most importantly, teaching children to be self-motivated! The development here goes beyond just making the numbers work for standardized test scores. I appreciate what this school does. Keep improving!

Audubon Charter School 1

Posted May 23, 2013
I had the worst expereince at Audubon Charter. Faculty is not friendly and the French school is rigged! I would never recommend this school to another parent!

Posted October 28, 2011
Had I known how awesome ACS was, I would have sent my oldest child there instead of paying extremely expensive tuition. The teachers and staff go above and beyond the call of duty to help. Ms. Kellermann is just a jewel in the French Program. I cannot wait to hear my kid talk about his day. It was so hard to get in but I thank God every day for this school. I love this school.

Posted May 20, 2011
First, you must understand that Audubon is 2 schools in 1. L'Ecole Franco-Americaine is not just another immersion program. It is a french school with french citizens teaching just as they would back home. I have had my children in the Montessori School for a total of 7 years. The Pre-K through 1st grades are marvelous Montessori learning environments. Grades 2-6 have not been as Montessori as we would like but more of the teachers are becoming Montessori certified so we have great hopes! I have no experience yet with grades 7 & 8 but right now there is just 1 class for each grade level. We need another building for the Middle School to grow. We have dance, drama, art, concert band, P.E., and lots of after school classes available. Our PTO is very active and raises lots of money, primarily to be sure our teachers have assistants. Love it! BEST OF THE BEST.

Posted May 18, 2011
Fantastic school, highly academic, best bargain in town compared to other academic schools. Best of the best.

Posted January 24, 2011
I love the montessori style of teaching, however it is best to start at the pre-school grade. Great Montessori Teachers and Resource Teachers as well as Excellent talented in the arts classes.

Posted November 09, 2010
Audubon Charter School has the BEST faculty and staff! My first daughter graduated from the school in 2004 and when my second daughter started school in 2007 there were no other schools to consider. Her education is valuable to me and Audubon Charter School was my only choice.

Posted November 09, 2010
This is the best school for my children.... there really are providing great instruction for my children.

Audubon Charter School 4

Posted November 04, 2010
I love ACS because of the consistent and genuine care and dedication provided to the students!

Audubon Charter School
6101 Chatham Drive, New Orleans, LA  70118
Last modified Audubon Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Audubon Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 92 reviews. Top