Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Students often get away with bullying each other. Students also get away with verbally and physically abusing teachers. I complained about a student constantly verbally and trying to physically abuse me and other students in the classroom; the student was not removed from the classroom until a month before the end of the school year. My students and I were forced to suffer throughout the year because administration did not want an expulsion on their record for the year; this was incredibly traumatizing to my students.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The administrators are unorganized and do not have a good sense of how to benefit students in the classroom. A lot of their suggestions hinders teachers in the classrooms and takes away from an effective education. Administrators are more worried about exercising their power opposed to truly making the school great. The administration is also unprofessional; they speak to their employees in degrading manners, are accepting of the differences of others, and run the school like a cliquey, rowdy sorority house. The image they portray to the community outside of the school is inaccurate to the reality within the school walls.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The administrators and some teachers are unprofessional and do not set good examples for their students. Administrators are also not open to taking suggestions from teachers who come from different backgrounds as they do. For example, teachers from the private school or more priveleged environments are silenced even though they have a lot of beneficial suggestions.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Some teachers are effective and passionate about what they do, while other teachers are not. This is because administration has unrealistic expectations of teachers; administration is forcing their teachers to create reports, develop pacing guides, and fill out tedious paperwork, which is the job of the administrators! All of this extra, unnecessary work and pressure takes away from teachers being able to properly develop amazing lesson plans, which in turn hurts the students and their education.

Lake Forest is a good school, better for younger students. They expect a lot of students, which will prepare them for later on in the educational experience. There is lot that LFC can learn however. I find the middle school unstable and the students are not afforded opportunities to excel. I lot of time is spent on test prep and discipline , sometimes excessively and very antiquated. Middle school students are at a very vulnerable time in their lives, they need to be treated as maturing citizens capable of one day changing the world and not treated as stereotypical teens and stripped of identity and voice. I find that the staff harshly demands respect, without modeling respectful behavior. Also, if your child needs extra help, you would do better hiring a tutor. The instructors (most of them) do not contact parents regarding student's performance. Even though they utilize PowerSchool to post grades... It is not always up to date and often times you are caught off guard regarding your child's progress. I am a parent that communicates as often as my job allows. I reach out to teachers, but rarely is it reciprocated. I have given this school many years to get it right, but I am growing very weary.

This school is very good for younger children and developing a good foundation for their educational future. However if you are a dedicated parent that have the time and determination to work with your child and do not need a lot of supervision or motivation this is not the school for you. The principle have a dictatorship mentality and do not promote free thinking or individuality. Most of their actions are aimed at the school's public perception rather than the actual betterment of the children's education. Both the parents and teachers are terrified of the principle and being kicked out of the school's alleged elite society. Educational Systems, principles, and teachers are here for the children's education and their future not the other way around.

Post 2 of 2 The curriculum addresses both national and state standards. I know this because when my son evacuated to another state he was able to adjust quickly, academically, and socially. I know this is attributed to higher level critical thinking skills embedded in the curriculum. I see the collaborative efforts of the parents, teachers, instructional facilitators, and administrators to nurture and develop each and every child. Fortunately or unfortunately, testing is a part of life; ACT, SAT, GEE, and other professional examinations are here to stay. Preparation for high achievement begins early, as it lays a foundation for success in this rigorous, competitive, and global world of today. No longer, can we put our heads in the sand or 0hide under a rock while all other nations pass us by. The students of Lake Forest are the generation that will lead the way.

Post 1 of 2 As a parent of Lake Forest Charter School, I am excited about the accomplishments of Lake Forest s students, parents, teachers, and the whole charter school movement in the New Orleans area. Although intimidating for some, no longer do we need to accept complacent, indifferent, and mediocre teachers. Accountability begins in the classroom with the teacher at the center. Lake Forest strives to maintain a staff of innovative, energetic, and committed professionals because our children s lives are the future and we don t have the luxury of time to settle for less. I am convinced that every teacher is not a fit for Lake Forest. The high demands placed on teachers to provide a rigorous level of instruction on a consistent basis is sometimes more than a challenge for some. We set the standards high; our children are worth it!

Actually, I am a grandparent. My son is a graduate of Lake Forest and now his son attends there. I literally had to camp outside of the school on the neutral ground in order to get a spot for my son. According to my son, he too would camp outside if it became necessary. It's the kind of school where the teachers enroll their own children. I like that; you should too.

I am a former Lake Forest Charter School Eagle and I believe that this is a wonderful school.The reason that I feel this way is because I have left this school in 2 in search of something better and each time failed.Everytime I left I went right back at this time I am in anther state to see if its a better middle school,but also Lake Forest still seems to be the BEST! I feel that LFC has a great Pre-K though 8th Grade school and I Love it! Lake Forest has so many oppertunities and is a really nice school. It has its own pledge basketball team ( Boys and Girls), Chour group( who have beem proforming in and around New Orleans. They have been to the Elderly Home, Malls, and who klnows they might be some where around you one day. This is truely a Great school. : )

Last modified Lake Forest Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.