Bad
Good

Posted April 06, 2016
Lake Forest is a good school, better for younger students. They expect a lot of students, which will prepare them for later on in the educational experience. There is lot that LFC can learn however. I find the middle school unstable and the students are not afforded opportunities to excel. I lot of time is spent on test prep and discipline , sometimes excessively and very antiquated. Middle school students are at a very vulnerable time in their lives, they need to be treated as maturing citizens capable of one day changing the world and not treated as stereotypical teens and stripped of identity and voice. I find that the staff harshly demands respect, without modeling respectful behavior. Also, if your child needs extra help, you would do better hiring a tutor. The instructors (most of them) do not contact parents regarding student's performance. Even though they utilize PowerSchool to post grades... It is not always up to date and often times you are caught off guard regarding your child's progress. I am a parent that communicates as often as my job allows. I reach out to teachers, but rarely is it reciprocated. I have given this school many years to get it right, but I am growing very weary.

Posted December 04, 2011
This school is very good for younger children and developing a good foundation for their educational future. However if you are a dedicated parent that have the time and determination to work with your child and do not need a lot of supervision or motivation this is not the school for you. The principle have a dictatorship mentality and do not promote free thinking or individuality. Most of their actions are aimed at the school's public perception rather than the actual betterment of the children's education. Both the parents and teachers are terrified of the principle and being kicked out of the school's alleged elite society. Educational Systems, principles, and teachers are here for the children's education and their future not the other way around.

Posted June 11, 2010
Post 2 of 2 The curriculum addresses both national and state standards. I know this because when my son evacuated to another state he was able to adjust quickly, academically, and socially. I know this is attributed to higher level critical thinking skills embedded in the curriculum. I see the collaborative efforts of the parents, teachers, instructional facilitators, and administrators to nurture and develop each and every child. Fortunately or unfortunately, testing is a part of life; ACT, SAT, GEE, and other professional examinations are here to stay. Preparation for high achievement begins early, as it lays a foundation for success in this rigorous, competitive, and global world of today. No longer, can we put our heads in the sand or 0hide under a rock while all other nations pass us by. The students of Lake Forest are the generation that will lead the way.

Posted June 11, 2010
Post 1 of 2 As a parent of Lake Forest Charter School, I am excited about the accomplishments of Lake Forest s students, parents, teachers, and the whole charter school movement in the New Orleans area. Although intimidating for some, no longer do we need to accept complacent, indifferent, and mediocre teachers. Accountability begins in the classroom with the teacher at the center. Lake Forest strives to maintain a staff of innovative, energetic, and committed professionals because our children s lives are the future and we don t have the luxury of time to settle for less. I am convinced that every teacher is not a fit for Lake Forest. The high demands placed on teachers to provide a rigorous level of instruction on a consistent basis is sometimes more than a challenge for some. We set the standards high; our children are worth it!

Posted June 10, 2010
Actually, I am a grandparent. My son is a graduate of Lake Forest and now his son attends there. I literally had to camp outside of the school on the neutral ground in order to get a spot for my son. According to my son, he too would camp outside if it became necessary. It's the kind of school where the teachers enroll their own children. I like that; you should too.

Posted January 09, 2010
I am a former Lake Forest Charter School Eagle and I believe that this is a wonderful school.The reason that I feel this way is because I have left this school in 2 in search of something better and each time failed.Everytime I left I went right back at this time I am in anther state to see if its a better middle school,but also Lake Forest still seems to be the BEST! I feel that LFC has a great Pre-K though 8th Grade school and I Love it! Lake Forest has so many oppertunities and is a really nice school. It has its own pledge basketball team ( Boys and Girls), Chour group( who have beem proforming in and around New Orleans. They have been to the Elderly Home, Malls, and who klnows they might be some where around you one day. This is truely a Great school. : )

Posted January 08, 2010
Everyone is absolutely correct. Lakeforest does have impressive test scores. However our kids are more than test scores. This school gives some sort of standardized testing every other week. Electives are taken away from the kids if the staff deem these test scores too low. I have never been involved with a school where the instructional facilitator can come in the class at anytime and trump the authority, leadership and lesson of the teacher. The principal always speaking about how the kids must do will. This school does not teach the or develop the whole child. If you are looking for a school with good test scores this is it. If you are looking for a school that gets your child excited about learning, that uses innovative methods to stimulate your child this isn't the school. This school stresses rote memory (not actual thinking/reasoning).

Posted September 22, 2009
I feel that Ms. Early is a fairly good Principal, however it seems as though she is more concerned with high standardized test scores than her administrators and teachers providing a developmentally appropriate program.

Posted September 22, 2009
In my opinion, Lake Forest Charter School has a great deal of potential, but should invest more in early childhood and extracurricular activities.

Posted August 19, 2009
I feel that Lake Forest Charter school is doing a grave injustice to its students by not making strives to diversify the student demographics. Diversity is key to survival in this new, global, melting pot environment that we live in today. With globalization growing and our world rapidly changing, children must learn to adapt to behaviors and cultures associated with different ethnicities. Tolerance for what is different can never be achieved/learned when there is no or little diversity in an evironment.

P.O. Box 15095, New Orleans, LA  70128
Last modified Lake Forest Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.