Bad
Good

I was a student at Benjamin Franklin. I started at this school when I was in Pre-K, and I am now in the 9th grade at Lusher School. When I attended this school before Hurricane Katrina it was a magnet school meaning you had to take a test. After Katrina the school was obliged to allow any student in without taking a test. The teachers at Benjamin Franklin do not care about the child's education, they do not have a great disciplinary system at all and they just student do whatever they choose at this school. That is why I decided to leave for 8th grade at Lusher School. I will say that the only good thing about Benjamin Franklin is that it goes from Pre-K to 8th grade. I f you want your child to go to an extraordinary school send them to Lusher Charter School.

Both my daughters have attended since Pre kindergarten and I have grown to love the school. Ben Franklin is a family of parents, teachers and administrators who care about the success of every child who attends the school. Every year they have made improvements to make the school a better environment for the kids. My daughters will stay through middle school.

My daughter started Ben Franklin Elementary School on today which is August 11, 2014. I was not impressed with the Indians who welcomed the kids back to school. Drop off and pickup not great. Today was the first day of school for all kids and the principal decided that she did not want any parents to walk their child to the classroom. Most of the kids had a large amount of school supplies and I am sure some of the younger kids and even some of the older kids would have love for their parents to walk them to class. Well I did find a way to bring up the school supplies, let my daughter know that I would pick her up and I also gave her a kiss and hug. I promise you that made all the difference for my child who was almost in tears when I got to the classroom. I also was not impressed with the school bus situation. I still do not know what the bus location is and I have called the bus number and received no response.

My school is Benjamin Franklin Elementary and it is an amazing school! This is my daughter's second year at this school and she loves it. The staff there are so handsome on, patient, and friendly! My child has learned so much at this school from computer literacy to Spanish, and she's only in first grade! I love how Mrs Matthews, the principal, is so involved in the day to day activities of the school. I've seen her on many days getting the kids out of their cars during a.m carpooling. How many schools can say that? Now the only thing that makes me concerned is the parking. There is a lot of street construction going on right now which makes it even harder to find parking.

I have two children that attend ben franklin elementary school. This school has an excellent math and science component.Our curriculum has been advance again since we now have a Great principal by the name of Charlotte Matthew. We have lots of academic programs, a wonderful math and computer lab. Our computer lab has 122 brand new computer to service our kids. Anyone who has a child that has a need for advanced Math And science , Ben franklin is the place to be.Please come by and see our live animal display. we are a multicultural institution that is making a a difference in the lives of children.

Baby Ben is the best school ever. What a great learning environment! Students are engaged, active learners who achieve success.

2010, will be the second year that my son has attended Baby Ben. His first grade teacher was Ms. Hakes!!! I loved her dearly. Very sweet, kind, understanding teacher. Very direct and on point. With her help, my son made straight A's at the end of the school year!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!

This school keeps the parents very informed. Many opportunities for the parents to get involved with and without their child. Motivates all students to do their best. I witness daily how the kids appreciate their previous teachers. Teachers communicate with parents about their child(ren). Teachers and staff including the principal knows the students. Since my preschoolers have been in attendance this year, I have not heard of any negative behavioral disruptions. A good education is taken serious at this school and there are many internal and external resources to keep the kids voluntarily learning.

This is my first year at Ben Franklin so I am still accessing the institution. I can say that I appreciate the Principal, Charlotte Matthews; she seems to be a hands on leader, ever present and involved in what's going on. There seems to be no disrupting discipline issues and the children are cooperating and learning. I will comment again at a later date.

I feel blessed to have my daughter attend Baby Ben. She's been there since PreK and is now a First Grader. The learning process starts early, like she's been reading since PreK. Now she's on, and I feel above level as far as reading and mathematics. I absolutely love this school. The environment is family oriented, everyone knows each other. I praise and recommend the school to anyone who'll listen. Take it from a parent who's involved in every aspect, this school is great, and your child will definitely learn and be safe, because these are their priorities, and mine as well!!!

Last modified Benjamin Franklin Elementary Math And Science is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.