Public charter
New Orleans, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 29, 2014
My son will remain at this wonderful school until the 8th grade! I would recommend this school as much as I can. proud parent

Posted April 28, 2014
My child has been attending ISL for 3 quarters now and is expected to be speak a fluent second language by the end of this year!

Posted March 27, 2014
This is what all schools can and should be. ISL offers an excellent and challenging curriculum, an extensive art and music program, remediation programs for students who need extra help, music therapy, speech therapy, full time PE, clubs, and before and after school programs all in a safe, supportive environment. Teachers are professional and always respond to any questions or concerns I have had as a parent. Diversity is not only a concept at ISL, it is a fundamental mission that is embraced by the teachers and administration. The school is an "A" rated school that always scores above the state average in test scores which is even more amazing because the students are taught in Spanish or French. ISL is a New Orleans treasure that is becoming well known for its' success because the school has three times as many applications every year as available seats. My 8th grade son was accepted in two very selective high schools based on the education he received at ISL which is an open enrollment school. The vast majority of informed parents at ISL absolutely love this school and appreciates the exceptional immersion education ISL offers.

International School of Louisiana 3

Posted December 11, 2013
This school is great in academics! they help you when ever you ask and the staff is king and helpful, the school is terrific although on the other hand the rules are HORRIBLE. Teachers are constantly in the halls picking on kids about their uniforms, hair, socks, talking and running in the halls etc. I can go on. They make rules of the top of their heads and change rules every now and then, and we have a system that takes points of for no homework, wrong uniform, talking in the hallway etc. that is what causes kids to get put in detention sometimes put in accidentally. Ignorant teachers, not all take points of just because you didn't sign out (in the binder) to go to the bathroom or if you didn't put the date, that doesn't even make since.

Posted August 31, 2011
Hi ! I'm a french primary teacher looking for a way to join ISL to propose them to set up a penpal link with my class here in France. I was unable to find an email address to write them. So if someone might help me to join them this would be great. Thanks a lot, Jessica

International School of Louisiana 1

Posted May 27, 2011
I am very disappointed with ISL due entirely to the administration. The teachers are for the most part dedicated and qualified, however key administrative positions were filled in a pinch after Katrina by unqualified parents who are still holding these jobs and doing a poor job, to say the least. Preferential treatment of related students, from discipline to perks has become so extreme, we are losing some of best youngsters. Five years post-Katrina is plenty of time to have resolved these problems, but changes don't seem likely. Moral is low, this school isn't half of what it could be, or what I'm told it used to be. We are exploring other options for next school year.

International School of Louisiana 0

Posted October 18, 2010
ISL is the only chartered multi language immersion school in the New Orleans area offering Spanish, French and now Chinese as the third language. The faculty and staff comes from 20 countries bringing their very diverse cultures, languages and teaching methods to the classroom. I think this year is the best year so far for the schools history - they are only 10 years old and have grown from just 2 small classrooms for Kindergartners to over 500 students in kinergarten thru 8th grade. I would highly recommend this school to anyone that is looking into an immersion school for their children.

Posted June 24, 2010
I love this school. My daughter will be entering her 3rd year there and she can't wait to go back. What i like about this school is the diversity.

International School of Louisiana 1

Posted March 04, 2010
My daughter is in the 5th grade at ISL, she has been there since K. She is always recived high marks on her report card, this year she has had three teachers and one day never used her pencil. She tested extremly low on entrance exams to other schools. The school i think deminshs self esteem. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Before the storm the school was excellent. Half of the 5th grade class will not be returning.

Posted January 26, 2010
We currently have one child attending ISL and our youngest will begin kindergarten this fall. The instructors are exceptional and the curriculum is challenging. I love the cultural diversity that ISL offers. I am very pleased with our school's growth and the improvements that are made each year. I also love that the students are happy and in such a warm, loving environment.

International School of Louisiana
1400 Camp St., New Orleans, LA  70130
Last modified International School of Louisiana is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
International School of Louisiana Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top