New Orleans, LA

Posted August 11, 2014
My daughter is going into her sophomore year at NOCCA. She was in the classical music department her freshman yr and re-auditioned for the drama department as this is where her passion lies. I reside on the Northshore in a blue ribbon school district and can tell you BY FAR that NOCCA surpasses any place that she could be. She LOVES it and would not want to be anywhere else. She absolutely does not miss the "normal" high school activities/drama as she spends her weekends attending NOCCA plays, concerts, art exhibits and with her fellow "artsy" piers. We are so privileged to have been accepted into such an amazing institution. I could have never imagined how happy she would be. I know that upon graduating from NOCCA, she will "write her ticket" to any college she chooses. The academic studio is taught in a college type setting. They sometimes sit amongst the rocks on the river's edge to do their school work. Many of the classrooms have floor to ceiling windows that overlook the MS river. She is so inspired by the instructors and administration. They allow the children to be themselves. Parents, if you have a child with a passion for the arts, you owe it to him/her to explore NOCCA.

New Orleans Center For Creative Arts 1

Posted August 08, 2013
My Freshman year I attended this performing arts school. I didn't just attend it for the arts but I would have been the first graduating academic class of this school. I would like to first say it was the best experience of my life but they had a lot of ups and downs of that school. Even though the downs over weighed the ups, my problem was the academic supply and environment. We were split 30 students a piece in the library and one of the many rooms nocca have available. My problem was the moving from place to place not having any high school experience in a real classroom or real cultural teachers like our background. It was more of who the CEO knew or think will listen to him.

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter is entering her Junior year at NOCCA. She is enrolled in the Academic Studio and Musical Theatre program. I am impressed with their programs in both the academic and arts areas. My child wants to go to school everyday and always returns home smiling. This school is impressive and the kids are excited to part of the experience.

Posted June 13, 2004
I'm not a parent, but I actually attend the Institute going into my sophomore year for musical theatre. For those who want to pursue careers in the arts, NOCCA is definitely the place to be. The school has given me a great experience so far and I've learned a lot. From the summer sessions to half-day to Saturday workshop, NOCCA offers a variety of schedules to fit the student. Any parent should definitely look at this school to enroll their child in.

New Orleans Center For Creative Arts 4

Posted May 06, 2004
One of the few 'gems' in the New Orleans Public School System. I graduated in 1990 and had my pick of colleges and universities, with plenty of financial support offered. If your child has a particular and serious interest in the arts, I highly recommend this school. It boasts a brand new state of the art facility and is fairly well funded through private donors as well as through the State of Louisiana (at least it seems this is the case--I could be wrong). Potential students must audition or submit their portfolios for admission. Quite a few famous and professionally working alumni in their various artistic disciplines, which NOCCA loves to boast about if given the chance (and who can blame them). Opportunities abound here for your artistic and creative child.

New Orleans Center For Creative Arts
2800 Chartres Street, New Orleans, LA  70117
Last modified New Orleans Center For Creative Arts is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Orleans Center For Creative Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top