New Orleans, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 21, 2014
My child has attended St. George's pre-school, lower school and now attends middle school. We absolutely love St. George's! He has thrived in sports and music as well as a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum. There hasn't been a day in the last 10 years that he hasn't wanted to go to school!!

Posted October 01, 2014
With two children At St. George's Episcopal School for the 4th year in a row, we are very confident to say that it is a great school. Our children love it, their progress has been astonishing. Three student visitors from Guatemala and from Germany have loved it too. It feels more like a great extended family, where children are taught important life values along with the curriculum. At St. Georges, everyone cares and it shows!

Posted October 01, 2014
St. George's Episcopal School has been a lifesaver for my son and my family. The academics are excellent and developmentally appropriate. The faculty and administration are caring and willing to work with your family to get your child to perform to the best of their ability, academically and socially. I feel that he will graduate this school with all of the tools and knowledge he needs to succeed in a challenging high school. I could not be happier with this decision.

Posted October 01, 2014
I am so happy my wife and I selected St George's Episcopal School for four of my six children. But more importantly my children were happy and extremely well prepared for HS. My son, who was the first to attend St George's and needed resources was awarded a significant scholastic scholarship to college. My other son and daughter who graduated from St George's are doing extremely well in HS. I still have a fourth grader who is a bundle of joy and cannot stop talking about how fun St George's is. I highly recommend St George's to any one who wants their children's education top be challenging while having fun. They will learn the love of learning.

Posted October 01, 2014
We have been at St. George's for 7 years now, and it is absolutely the BEST school for all 3 of my children. The student teacher ratio is the lowest of any school in the city, and it shows. Each child is truly valued for their strengths and gifts, and is gently nurtured and challenged in a caring but rigorous environment. There are other private schools in New Orleans who have a flashier name or reputation, but St. George's is the real deal. The school quietly prepares each child for success, while developing their character and individuality. I have recommended it to dozens of friends and colleagues, and will continue to do so long after my children have graduated!

Posted September 18, 2014
It s so important to boost a child in their early years, and St. George's could. Having access to on-site speech therapy means that our child now reads well above grade-level, and he s soaring in math. St. George s small class size and caring teachers have made a huge difference for our child. We ve enjoyed getting to know our son s classmates and their parents, and have made wonderful friends. Ultimately, academic success is a defining measure. Beyond the extra care it offers, the school s talented and gifted program is a strong draw. St. George s has a strong record of sending graduates to the city s best high schools.

Posted September 17, 2014
Ratings can be misleading, since they are anonymous, and could have been posted by disgruntled former staff, former students, etc.,,and the very negative ones on here should be taken with a MAJOR grain of salt. As to the principal: Dr Eichberger has shaped this school with extraordinary vision and purpose. Whoever said he is past his prime and allows bullying, etc below is telling an outright lie. Student/Teacher ratio: Best in town. Look it up. Bottom line is, we have two kids here, and could not be happier. The faculty are amazing, and the kids seem more mature and bright than any other school we looked at.

Posted September 10, 2014
I am an alum of St. George's. This was the most amazing learning environment. The teachers were so caring and were truly invested in my social, emotional, and academic success. I participated in the talented and gifted program and found this to be both an enriching and challenging experience. Upon graduating from St. George's, I was truly prepared for high school, college, and beyond! I would highly recommend this school!

Posted September 08, 2014
St. George's School provided all three of my children with a wonderful education. Their gifted and talented program challenged my children to reach their fullest potential.

St. George's Episcopal School 1

Posted August 12, 2014
I agree with everything previously said about St George's. They cast a wide net promising everything to everyone and delivers little to most. The Headmaster is well past his prime and caters to the children and parents of the wealthy. He allows sub-par teaching, bullying, and refuses to adequately handle disciplinary problems of the rich and famous. On the other hand, if your child is very high functioning and the parents bring their money and cache to the school, your child will get a good education and will thrive moving on to high school and college. Here's the truth of that matter...THOSE CHILDREN WOULD THRIVE AND DO WELL ANYWHERE...ANYWHERE. St Georges should get no credit for that!!!

St. George's Episcopal School
923 Napoleon Avenue, New Orleans, LA  70115
Last modified St. George's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. George's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top