No rating

Lake Castle Private School

Private | PK-7 | 533 students

Living in New Orleans

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $63,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Posted October 20, 2014

My daughter has been at Lake Castle since she was 3. She was READING in Pre-K. This school prepares the kids for the real world. My daughter is so independent and focus on her education. The principal and faculty are both so involved with the school. They have an open door policy. I would recommend this school if you want your child to excel in high and beyond.

Posted July 22, 2014

My daughter currently attends Lake Castle Madisonville and I couldn't disagree more with the previous teachers comment. I have watched several Lake Castle Students leave and end up on the St. Tammany School systems Honor Roll and in advanced classes. That didn't happen on accident. If you are looking for a good private school to send your child to this is the one. The core values are a breath of fresh air and you see them from the moment you drive on campus. The parents are actively involved. They do not have all the newest and latest technology but what they do have is dedicated teachers. Choosing Lake Castle Madisonville has been the best decision my husband and I have made for our child.

Posted May 30, 2014

Lake Castle Private School Madisonville is an awful choice for your child's future. They will not be prepared for any decent High School in St. Tammany Parish
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 25, 2013

My child attended this school. We were not thrilled with anything about Lake Castle. Glad we left.

Posted August 7, 2013

Great traditional school with high academic standards! Prepared my children very well for high school!

Posted August 7, 2013

Lake Castle is an excellent school! The students come out thoroughly prepared for high school with the academic knowledge they need as well as social etiquette. I went into all honors placement classes my freshman year of high school and never regretted staying in a grammar school for eighth grade because of the great experiences I had that year with my friends. I would recommend Lake Castle to anyone. Great school!! :)

Posted February 22, 2013

My son has attended Lake Castle for four years. It was the best decesion my wife and I made.

Posted January 14, 2013

I've learned from other eighth grade parents that Lake Castle do not prepare your kids for high school math. Unless your kids are in math count, they will be very unprepared for algebra. The math teacher in upper grade do not put much time and attention for these students who are not in math count.

Posted November 1, 2012

My 4.5 year-old started pre-k this August at LC. His teacher is very good with teaching them writing and reading. I was impressed with the progress he has made over a short time of period in both writing and reading. With that said, I have to mention that there are 26 students in his class and 1 teacher. SO he may not the attention unless he does something bad and the teacher will correct him. He started to show signs that he doesn't are about discipline recently and doing worse at home listening. Other things that I feel struggling as a mother of a growing child is that lunch time is 10:30 followed by PE. My son eats in the morning at home and does not eat much at early lunch time, but is VERY hungry when I pick him up in the afternoon. Also no sleep mat at nap time, put head on pillow on his desk and rest. Not enough sleep has been a big problem because it affects his behaivor. I try to put him in bed at 7:30, still he wakes up earlier and gets very tired in the afternoon, seems like he still needs that lay-down nap. Other reviews said that the school is safe. He was pushed down the high slide twice and came home with big lumps on his forehead, no teacher saw what happened on the

Posted July 30, 2012

Not for everybody BUT if you want your children to be safe, responsible, well behaved, and learn things that will prepare them for the future, then this is the school for you. You need to let the teachers teach your kids & back up the teachers 100%. Come to the PTA meetings. Your child is in school approx 8 hours a day so you want to meet your teachers. You will know about any problems/grades because you will get a phone call from the teachers & you will also sign every test paper coming home. There are consequences & children need to learn this. I have been associated with LC for many years & I have seen what they can do. My kids graduated from LC & I still have more. They are gentlemen in school & at home. I can take them anywhere & am always proud of them. Again, support your teachers & all of you can help the child succeed . They do not have many fancy things but @ school children only need a good education, discipline, to learn responsibility & to respect others. The teachers are wonderful and they work hard with their students. We need to praise & thank our teachers more often! I am proud of my boys & many others that I know that have graduated from Lake Castle, NOLA.

Posted July 14, 2011

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL FOR A STRONG FOUNDATION IN EDUCATION. FROM PRE K TO 8TH GRADE THE BEST IN ORLEANS PARISH. MY SONS WENT TO A FOUNDATION CAMP FOR THE SUMMER WITH COLLEGE PREP CLASSES FOR HIGH SCHOOL TRANSITION IN ENGLISH AND MATH . AND NOW THEY WANT TO PLACE THEM IN HONOR CLASSES. THEY GRADUATED FROM LAKE CASTLE IN 2011.GREAT SCHOOL !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 9, 2011

Lake Castle is fantastic! The staff is like a well oiled machine. It's priced so the average family can afford a top notch private school education. It's the best kept secret in New Orleans east.

Posted March 24, 2010

This is the best possible school I have ever been to. The staff is amazing. There are so many clubs and teams to join.

Posted February 24, 2010

I am very pleased with this school, after being a parent for the past 4 years there is nothing I can say entirely negative about the academics standards, however i dothink they can have more extracurriculum activites to include a better lunch period. there also tend to be too many kids in one class, especially being a private school where the teacher to student ratio should not be as many kids to one teacher.

Posted January 6, 2010

Lake Castle is a wonderful school. I am very pleased with the education that my child is receiving. They begin reading Pre-K! The faculty at Lake Castle know the importance of an excellent education and that's what they push. The education, discipline, responsibility, and respect that the students at Lake Castle have is AMAZING!!

Posted October 19, 2009

There are great things about this school: the kids learn, the kids behave. I feel my child is pretty safe on the campus. There are also some bad things: my child's classroom has almost 40 students this year and has had around 30 for the past couple of years. There is no library, and neither music nor foreign language classes are taught. But, in New Orleans, you haven't much to choose from. It's either hope your child learns anything and stays safe & out of trouble for a low-cost public school education or pay anywhere from $6k - $17k for a well-equipt, state of the art, affluent education. Lake Castle has a reasonable tuition, but the buildings are old & many times the books are outdated (a 25 year-old social studies text book, for example), or just in very poor condition, which is disheartening.

Posted May 31, 2009

The school over all is great in education. I graduated from lake castle ithis year and i loved every aspect of it.

Posted May 13, 2009

I have recently graduated from Lake Castle. It was the best experience of my life, and I feel that it has really built my character and has gotten me ready for anything in life. The teachers and faculty are amazing; you'll always have their full attention. It was the best decision I've ever made.

Posted June 20, 2008

My son has been attending this school in Slidell since first grade. This was the best decision I ever made. School has been excellent in building character and a foundation for the rest of his life.

Posted January 15, 2008

My daughter is in Pre-K at this school and was reading fluently and independently by November. (She could not read when she started in August.) I am very impressed with how her teacher works with each child at their level and moves them along at their own pace. I'm glad I chose this school! My daughter is getting a great foundation.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 51% 1%