PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am a graduate from Lake Castle in Madisonville. I have nothing but great things to say about it. I am currently a junior at a local private school. High school has been a breeze! I feel as if I could not have been more prepared. However, I noticed when I went there, and if even after I had graduated, that people criticized the school for being "strict." They are very strict, but it teaches you a lot. You learn to respect everyone around you, and you learn how to work hard. When I went to the school, I was a A/B student. Now, in high school, I'm top of my class. I give all props to Lake Castle. I saw a previous comment denouncing their math program. The math program is amazing. The 8th grade math teacher, Mr. Butera, did an outstanding job. He challenged the class and really made us understand it. He even gave us FREE ACT math classes the entire year(these classes were after school and on the weekends, on his own time!) . Everyone who came to the class took the ACT at the end of the year. Many of the students, includng myself, made in the upper 20's in math in 8th grade. He still offers these classes to all his (current and past) 8th grade students. I still attend these classes, because they help tremendously. The teachers are some of the most caring people in the world. I would recommend this school to anyone. I'm postive this is where my kids will be going.

I initially was skeptical about Lake Castle. If you look at the campus alone, it may sway your decision. I've always heard good things about the school, but I've also heard not so great things. My decision to let my son attend was based solely on what I had heard about the school, academics wise. Could NOT have made a BETTER choice! The curriculum is like nothing I've ever seen! In PREK my son was reading (multiple readers/books)... writing... doing math problems such as addition and subtraction, counting money, telling time, etc. My husband and I were in awe the entire school year! My sons class was diversed, with ALL races! His teacher treated he and the others kids all fairly. I will say Lake Castle is a stickler for discipline. They do tend to call, write notes etc for the slightest things- for this reason my sons teacher and I relationship started off a little bumpy. With constant communication from she and I, we were able to better understand each other and move forward. I absolutely loved his teacher! She truly, TRULY cared about her students. She would always call me if ever I didn't understand something or to assure me that there was no reason for concern. I can only hope and pray that K will be as great as PREK! TRUE LAKE CASTLE FAN/Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Solid foundation! Challenging curriculum!

My daughter has been at Lake Castle since she was 3. She was READING in Pre-K. This school prepares the kids for the real world. My daughter is so independent and focus on her education. The principal and faculty are both so involved with the school. They have an open door policy. I would recommend this school if you want your child to excel in high and beyond.

My daughter currently attends Lake Castle Madisonville and I couldn't disagree more with the previous teachers comment. I have watched several Lake Castle Students leave and end up on the St. Tammany School systems Honor Roll and in advanced classes. That didn't happen on accident. If you are looking for a good private school to send your child to this is the one. The core values are a breath of fresh air and you see them from the moment you drive on campus. The parents are actively involved. They do not have all the newest and latest technology but what they do have is dedicated teachers. Choosing Lake Castle Madisonville has been the best decision my husband and I have made for our child.

Lake Castle Private School Madisonville is an awful choice for your child's future. They will not be prepared for any decent High School in St. Tammany Parish

My child attended this school. We were not thrilled with anything about Lake Castle. Glad we left.

Great traditional school with high academic standards! Prepared my children very well for high school!

Lake Castle is an excellent school! The students come out thoroughly prepared for high school with the academic knowledge they need as well as social etiquette. I went into all honors placement classes my freshman year of high school and never regretted staying in a grammar school for eighth grade because of the great experiences I had that year with my friends. I would recommend Lake Castle to anyone. Great school!! :)

My son has attended Lake Castle for four years. It was the best decesion my wife and I made.

I've learned from other eighth grade parents that Lake Castle do not prepare your kids for high school math. Unless your kids are in math count, they will be very unprepared for algebra. The math teacher in upper grade do not put much time and attention for these students who are not in math count.

Last modified Lake Castle Private School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7