PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 26, 2016
I initially was skeptical about Lake Castle. If you look at the campus alone, it may sway your decision. I've always heard good things about the school, but I've also heard not so great things. My decision to let my son attend was based solely on what I had heard about the school, academics wise. Could NOT have made a BETTER choice! The curriculum is like nothing I've ever seen! In PREK my son was reading (multiple readers/books)... writing... doing math problems such as addition and subtraction, counting money, telling time, etc. My husband and I were in awe the entire school year! My sons class was diversed, with ALL races! His teacher treated he and the others kids all fairly. I will say Lake Castle is a stickler for discipline. They do tend to call, write notes etc for the slightest things- for this reason my sons teacher and I relationship started off a little bumpy. With constant communication from she and I, we were able to better understand each other and move forward. I absolutely loved his teacher! She truly, TRULY cared about her students. She would always call me if ever I didn't understand something or to assure me that there was no reason for concern. I can only hope and pray that K will be as great as PREK! TRUE LAKE CASTLE FAN/Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Solid foundation! Challenging curriculum!

Posted October 20, 2014
My daughter has been at Lake Castle since she was 3. She was READING in Pre-K. This school prepares the kids for the real world. My daughter is so independent and focus on her education. The principal and faculty are both so involved with the school. They have an open door policy. I would recommend this school if you want your child to excel in high and beyond.

Posted July 22, 2014
My daughter currently attends Lake Castle Madisonville and I couldn't disagree more with the previous teachers comment. I have watched several Lake Castle Students leave and end up on the St. Tammany School systems Honor Roll and in advanced classes. That didn't happen on accident. If you are looking for a good private school to send your child to this is the one. The core values are a breath of fresh air and you see them from the moment you drive on campus. The parents are actively involved. They do not have all the newest and latest technology but what they do have is dedicated teachers. Choosing Lake Castle Madisonville has been the best decision my husband and I have made for our child.

Lake Castle Private School 1

Posted May 30, 2014
Lake Castle Private School Madisonville is an awful choice for your child's future. They will not be prepared for any decent High School in St. Tammany Parish

Lake Castle Private School 1

Posted August 25, 2013
My child attended this school. We were not thrilled with anything about Lake Castle. Glad we left.

Posted August 07, 2013
Great traditional school with high academic standards! Prepared my children very well for high school!

Posted August 07, 2013
Lake Castle is an excellent school! The students come out thoroughly prepared for high school with the academic knowledge they need as well as social etiquette. I went into all honors placement classes my freshman year of high school and never regretted staying in a grammar school for eighth grade because of the great experiences I had that year with my friends. I would recommend Lake Castle to anyone. Great school!! :)

Posted February 22, 2013
My son has attended Lake Castle for four years. It was the best decesion my wife and I made.

Lake Castle Private School 2

Posted January 14, 2013
I've learned from other eighth grade parents that Lake Castle do not prepare your kids for high school math. Unless your kids are in math count, they will be very unprepared for algebra. The math teacher in upper grade do not put much time and attention for these students who are not in math count.

Lake Castle Private School 3

Posted November 01, 2012
My 4.5 year-old started pre-k this August at LC. His teacher is very good with teaching them writing and reading. I was impressed with the progress he has made over a short time of period in both writing and reading. With that said, I have to mention that there are 26 students in his class and 1 teacher. SO he may not the attention unless he does something bad and the teacher will correct him. He started to show signs that he doesn't are about discipline recently and doing worse at home listening. Other things that I feel struggling as a mother of a growing child is that lunch time is 10:30 followed by PE. My son eats in the morning at home and does not eat much at early lunch time, but is VERY hungry when I pick him up in the afternoon. Also no sleep mat at nap time, put head on pillow on his desk and rest. Not enough sleep has been a big problem because it affects his behaivor. I try to put him in bed at 7:30, still he wakes up earlier and gets very tired in the afternoon, seems like he still needs that lay-down nap. Other reviews said that the school is safe. He was pushed down the high slide twice and came home with big lumps on his forehead, no teacher saw what happened on the

Lake Castle Private School
8400 Hayne Boulevard, New Orleans, LA  70127
Last modified Lake Castle Private School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7