1-7|Private

Bad
Good

No school is perfect, but this one is as close as it gets. Our family has been a part of the school for 8 years, so we have seen a lot of what goes on both inside the classroom and within the school community. There have been changes and growth, but the school has stayed true to its Waldorf philosophy as much as is possible in a small, developing school where resources are thin. The teachers are excellent - certified and Waldorf trained. The administration works hard to streamline operations. Parent involvement is skewed - a few devoted families carry the heaviest load in volunteering.

My experience so far is with teh early childhood program which is excellent. The curriculum is experience based for young ones, aged 2.5-6, teaching kids how to be inquisitive, how to learn, how to grow in their minds and literally into their bodies. The teachwers have been caring, dedicated and prepared. I highly recommend the New Orleans Waldorf School and plan to keep both of my kids there through the grades. Note that the administration does not include a "principal" because this is contrary to the Waldorf model. There is a good administrator, and activity and curriculum decisions are made democratically by a counsel fo teahcers with constant reference to the Waldorf accreditation process managed by the North American Waldorf Association. There is an independent Board that manages the operation of the school. I gave the "Principal leadership" question a 5 because I like the model for admionistration.

There is no other school like this in N.O. or even Louisiana. Austin TX is the closest Waldorf school!!

Waldorf School of New Orleans provides an alternative, thoughtful and personal approach to education. Its small class size enables teachers to tailor fit lessons to each child. I can't say enough good things about it!

My son went to the Hill School for Pre-School and Kindergarten. The teachers and support staff at this school are awesome. Our son still draws from this time of peace, harmony and safety. His ability to concentrate on a project is above average and I credit the Hill School for this. In parent-teacher conferences it became obvious how well the teacher knew my child and how much they care for each child beyond the normal calling of a teacher. We have left New Orleans, but if we moved back I could think of no other school. We still have the school sticker on our car! I recommend at least taking part in one or two open houses with open eyes and minds. This unique school might just be what you are looking for.

Last modified Waldorf School Of New Orleans is a Private school that serves grades 1-7